Post your Workstation 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's something I learned in my anatomic dimensions class when studied Industrial Design, is called ergonomic percentiles and it is kind of a standard measure of peoples body parts that has always to be taken into consideration when designing and building something for human use... In this specific case chairs... And I use a $20 cheapo... But thinking about the "cost per hour" concept and thinking how much time I spend here, I will get a CEO type chair....

Also, as comfortable as I find the above chairs, I really wish that I could get an adjustable height desk to allow me to stand for periods during the day. Unfortunately, at work this would be hard to do, and at home it would be hard to justify getting yet another desk.

Ergotron, same people that make the HP monitor stands, have a line of sit-stand products from monitor/keyboard stands to complete desks

http://www.juststand.org/SitStandProducts/tabid/660/language/en-US/Default.aspx
http://www.ergotron.com/tabid/789/language/en-US/default.aspx

Here is mine for 2012. Hasn't changed much, but I have been very happy with it.

Dam, every time I see the 2007FP's in PLP with a 30" I search craigslist and then cry a little inside. Why can't I find some IPS 2007 FP's in Vancouver 8|.

Nice stuff man.

My setup. Pretty much unchanged from last year

1zclhd2.jpg

25f0wok.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I always shake my head when I see a guy with a computer worth over 3-4000k and still uses a cheap IKEA chair

:rolleyes: Mine was $150 and it's extremely comfortable. More money doesn't make a chair better automatically. We should scale the cost of our chairs to the cost of our PC's?

Thanks - the wife and I just decided that I get to buy a new 55 inch 3D TV for the office so she can have the 46 inch for her workout room. I knew I married her for a reason.

My mistake, I didn't realize how I spent my tax return made me a 1%er. But if I paid my fair share of taxes, maybe I am! Bazinga!

You know this country is doomed when the [H] workstation thread becomes a battleground for class warfare.

At least the 1% take showers when they're not enjoying the fruits of their labor. ;)

Here's my humble attempt to bring this derailed thread back around, haha:
This is almost an entirely different system than a month ago. All water cooling is gone, downgraded my 6970 to a 6870, moved from my custom fab'd case to a Lian Li, put in an H60 and got out my old JBL studio speakers. I love it! :)
IMG_1789.jpg

IMG_1790.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

asshats can leave the 1% nonesense at the door. lets keep this on workstations

A friends workstation:

0j0Pjh.jpg

bbBnTh.jpg

Samsung P2770FH
Pioneer VSX-820-K Receiver
Harman Kardon HKTS 20BQ

vqBugh.jpg

Bic PL-200 Acoustech

tkDVfh.jpg

apPY8h.jpg

i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz
Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
Has since upgraded to 16GB of ram.
MSI TFII GTX 560Ti's in SLI.
Seasonic x650
Crucial C300 128GB SSD
Western Digital Green 1TB
Upgraded from Antec Kuhler 620 to Corsair H100.

The most ergonomically incorrect setup I've ever seen. LOOKS good though.

If that's the case, I will apologize... but a 1% comment? Really?

Back on topic -- view from the doorway into my office:

DSC_0188-1.jpg

Last edited:
I don't own any, but I do love fly fishing. There is just something more appealing about wearing waiters in the middle of a river throwing the line back an forth. *commence day-dreaming*

A friends workstation:

0j0Pjh.jpg

bbBnTh.jpg

Samsung P2770FH
Pioneer VSX-820-K Receiver
Harman Kardon HKTS 20BQ

vqBugh.jpg

Bic PL-200 Acoustech

tkDVfh.jpg

apPY8h.jpg

i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz
Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
Has since upgraded to 16GB of ram.
MSI TFII GTX 560Ti's in SLI.
Seasonic x650
Crucial C300 128GB SSD
Western Digital Green 1TB
Upgraded from Antec Kuhler 620 to Corsair H100.

That's pretty nice for the layout of that room.

Updated for 2012 finally. I don't think I posted last year...Moved three states over and up, never fully setup the office until a year later.

IMG_1045.JPG

IMG_1044.JPG

IMG_1039.JPG

IMG_1048.JPG

IMG_1041.JPG

Over 18TB worth of drives on that shelf (the Qnap has 4x3tb Hitachi's I picked up for $95) ;)

IMG_1042.JPG

If you can't tell, currently attempting to fix the T61P. It's got some weird issues I've never seen before...

Nice setup! What ThinkPad convertible tablet PC is that?

It's an X41T with a 1.8" SSD installed and a 2gb stick of RAM. Windows 7 install as well. It's pretty quick for how old she is, worked well for school, hardly ever use it anymore though.

Love me some Lenovo's, I have 3. T61P 15.4", T61P 14.1", X41T....But I must say I use the Acer Travelmate the most (nearest the Westy).

Over 18TB worth of drives on that shelf (the Qnap has 4x3tb Hitachi's I picked up for $95) ;)

Please tell me you mean $95 each and the Qnap was extra. That in and of itself is a steal. If it was $95 for everything.......wow.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back