Post your workstation 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How could you give it up?! I would never if I had one.

I needed a lot of space and unfortunately the Jerker just didn't have it. I'm getting 3 24" lcds and they just wont fit.
So, I bought 7 piece all wood L shaped desk. I'll post pics soon.
Besides, my 13 yr old nephew is ecstatic that he inherited the Jerker. He just loves it.:D He cleans it every day.:cool: I set it up for him and did the wire management on it as well.

Cut the holes out today and got everything on there, although none of my underdesk lighting or USB extension cables came so I can't finish properly yet.

The coping saw got tiresome after a while so we brought out a classic technique :eek:

Looked ok after some filing though

Nearly finished product
Figured out what I'm doing when I get my own house.

Raikiri - What speakers are those on the desk? They have the shape like Paradigm's

I understand your plight as I also run three 24" monitors and needed room to use them. Just a bit of advice on the triple monitor set up, you will find very quickly that unless you can build precise stands the same height for all three to sit on or you are fine with them all at desk level, then a tri-monitor stand is necessary. I ran into that and needed to have mine sitting up at eye level, so I finally found an "affordable" triple monitor stand that works great. Its made by Planar and I would highly suggest it to anyone using a triscreen set up.

In Case you are interested, here is the link to the one I use:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6401359&CatId=2465
$249.99 at TigerDirect

Here is a post of mine and you can see the back and front side as well:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1571673

By the way - nice solution on the desk, looks good.

Last edited:
I don't think I posted my new setup on here.
Now running 3 Asus 27" in eyefinity

5305137264_04d4f38219_z.jpg

5304544175_1eaa6b9b4c_z.jpg

5305138142_6bbafd575e_z.jpg

How's having the Oxygen controller in front of your keyboard working out for you? Do you move your PC keyboard when you go to use it, or just leave it there?

My little Axiom 25 has to be moved around quite a lot :/ Can't wait to have enough space for a "permanent" 49 key.

to Spartan1000:
I love it! Takes a little getting use to like any new mouse. The added multi-button thumb grid really helps. I can utilize them in just about any game I play, not just MMOs. I play a lot of FPS and third person action games and it helps with quick in game weapon and map selection.

to pojut:
Works out great so far. I usually leave everything in place. The PC keyboard is shallow enough for me to arch my arms over and comfortably play without feeling all cramped. Sometimes if I am playing for a long period of time I might move the PC keyboard over a little.

to Spartan1000:
I love it! Takes a little getting use to like any new mouse. The added multi-button thumb grid really helps. I can utilize them in just about any game I play, not just MMOs. I play a lot of FPS and third person action games and it helps with quick in game weapon and map selection.

That's cool. Originally, I wanted to get that mouse, however I was afraid that all of the buttons would get in the way of normal tasks other than gaming. But, from what you've said, I think I want to get this! :D

hows the axiom 49? Not sure on the keycount...is that just strictly midi or does it have its own bank of sounds?

Raikiri - What speakers are those on the desk? They have the shape like Paradigm's

I understand your plight as I also run three 24" monitors and needed room to use them. Just a bit of advice on the triple monitor set up, you will find very quickly that unless you can build precise stands the same height for all three to sit on or you are fine with them all at desk level, then a tri-monitor stand is necessary. I ran into that and needed to have mine sitting up at eye level, so I finally found an "affordable" triple monitor stand that works great. Its made by Planar and I would highly suggest it to anyone using a triscreen set up.

In Case you are interested, here is the link to the one I use:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6401359&CatId=2465
$249.99 at TigerDirect

Here is a post of mine and you can see the back and front side as well:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1571673

By the way - nice solution on the desk, looks good.

That is the exact stand I'm looking to get. Thanks for the link.

@galaxie83
How much did you pay for your monitors?
Im thinking about swapping out my three 24's for something bigger, and yours look very nice!

to Rukks:
It's strictly a Midi controller. Works really well in Propellerhead Reason and in Cubase. Still trying to configure it in Fruity Loops. The 49 key count works well. Not too big or too small.

to Christhenoob:
They were 299.99 on the egg LINK. They recently came out with a after Christmas promo making them 269.99. So they were nice enough to refund me the difference. I am extremely happy with them. Little to no back light bleed, viewing angles are real impressive and I barely made any adjustments out of the box. Plus they have a displayport input which saves problems from getting any adapter. As soon as I hooked them up and configured them in ccc I have had zero problems with them.

Cool, glad I could help - here is a link to that same post where I just added more shots of that stand and the arms holding the 24" monitors if you want to take a better look at the Planar b4 you buy it.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1036636971&postcount=15

Ordered it last night along with 3 ASUS VE248H monitors. Can't wait to get my grubby hands on it all. While I wait, I'll order long HDMI cables and make custom power cables.

hows the axiom 49? Not sure on the keycount...is that just strictly midi or does it have its own bank of sounds?

I'm fairly certain that's an Oxygen 49....still made by M-Audio, but the Axiom 49 looks quite different:
axiom49p2.jpg

Here's the Oxygen 49...I'm almost 100% sure this is what he has:

oxygen49.jpg

yes sorry it is the Oxygen49 that I have. Works very well. I also seen the Axiom 49 there at guitar center as well but I didn't need that many bells and whistles with it.

Ordered it last night along with 3 ASUS VE248H monitors. Can't wait to get my grubby hands on it all. While I wait, I'll order long HDMI cables and make custom power cables.

I am sure you are going to love them - I have the VE246H models, not sure how much they differ from the VE248H model, but probably not by much. The cables part will sneak up on you though if you are buying and not customizing. My 18 foot HDMI was pricey as was the three DVI's over 15 feet. Luckily I have the UPS directly under the Planar stand, so standard power cables worked for them.

Good luck, I hope to see updated pics when you get it all in and set up.

That's a nice setup you have there, EngrChris. I've always admired Lian Li cases. And, are those NIKOR lenses I spot?

The lenses are FD mount from the early 80s, from a neighbor who passed on. I use Nikon's cleaning kit, for my Canon lenses and my glasses.

I am sure you are going to love them - I have the VE246H models, not sure how much they differ from the VE248H model, but probably not by much. The cables part will sneak up on you though if you are buying and not customizing. My 18 foot HDMI was pricey as was the three DVI's over 15 feet. Luckily I have the UPS directly under the Planar stand, so standard power cables worked for them.

Good luck, I hope to see updated pics when you get it all in and set up.

The VE248H has LED back-lighting and 10.000.000.1 ASCR (whatever that is but it better be good). I'm custom making my power cable. 3 into one. I already have 10' DVI cables. I just need a 10' HDMI. I'll get it from Monoprice.

5304544175_1eaa6b9b4c_z.jpg

5305138142_6bbafd575e_z.jpg

I'm about to go with the same setup as you, and actually have the same keyboard, haha. What size is your desk? I'm thinking of making my new one out of a solid core door. Was wondering about space for the 3 27"

Current setup, hopefully will be adding a 2nd monitor before too long. :p

DSCN1514.jpg

I don't care what anyone says, the Z4 is a decent sounding little speaker setup for the price. Certainly no where near the best, but they put out a lot of sound for their footprint.

I don't care what anyone says, the Z4 is a decent sounding little speaker setup for the price. Certainly no where near the best, but they put out a lot of sound for their footprint.

Yeah I'd have to agree. I've had them for about 3-4 years now and I replaced my x-530's with them and haven't looked back.

I think I've seen every picture posted in my thread here :3 Happy new years guys.

Here's my setup...

aff2ue.jpg

28b9zxe.jpg

PHENOM II X6 1090T BE (custom 300w ss phase) | ASUS CROSSHAIR IV FORMULA (cooled by EK) | (2) ASUS EAH5970 (cooled by Koolance) | EVGA 9800GT (PPU) | 8GB (4 X 2GB) MUSHKIN ENHANCED REDLINE DDR3 @1600MHz [7-7-7-18 1T] - CORSAIR COOLED | AUZENTECH X-Fi PRELUDE 7.1 | (4) 300GB VELOCORAPTORs [RAID 0] + 3 1TB WD Green| PC Power & Cooling 1200W | (2) LG 24" Flatron W2453V | Win 7 x64 RTM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back