Post your workstation 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mission control

_C182481.jpg

Panorama.jpg

Fifth Element! Daft Punk! Wowzers

Here's my current setup. - sorry for low lighting.

17" CRT - Home surveillance cameras
20" & 27" LCD - Main PC, Gamer, i7 - rampage extreme, 12gb ram...
dual 23" - Secondary PC, Downloads - audio hooked up to receiver below PVR (not visible in pic)
32" XBR - also connected to secondary PC for movies.

Also running 6TB WHS on the right (headless)

CMhgq.jpg

Awesome setup dude!! :eek:

I have that same mousepad sadly my G7 doesn't like it :(

Hmm Thats funny I have that mouse pad and have owned every logitech ( except the g7 ) mouse in production in the last 4 years and all like that pad. I actually just picked up the logitech g700.

New arms for my monitor arm finally came. 8 screen goodness
6 screens are in a 3x2 eyefinity setup when I game.... 99.9% of the time the setup is 8 extended screens for working.
Due to the flexibility of the monitor arm, I can have different monitor wall configs. I've been messing around with a V shape and a tight parabola-esque shape like you see in the picture below. I tried having the 4 middle monitors flat and the outer 4 angled, but it didn't look right.

So far, the V and the parabola have been my favorite.

6 screens are in a 3x2 eyefinity setup when I game.... 99.9% of the time the setup is 8 extended screens for working.
Due to the flexibility of the monitor arm, I can have different monitor wall configs. I've been messing around with a V shape and a tight parabola-esque shape like you see in the picture below. I tried having the 4 middle monitors flat and the outer 4 angled, but it didn't look right.

I need new pants!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5250/5285891213_48d321d3ac_z.jpg

Oooo, I hates u!!!! :mad: just kidding. That's a lot of screen space.:D

"Frank's" Last post for 2010 - Happy Holidays Everyone on [H] - another year down..........

Here is "Frank N. Stein", his peripherals and my workstation.

014yd.jpg

038mz.jpg

039n.jpg

0522i.jpg

052xr.jpg

064xd.jpg

070ow.jpg

072yh.jpg

096bf.jpg

102gg.jpg

108vl.jpg

110gj.jpg

Frank is beautiful!

Anyone start the 2011 thread yet? If not, I think I'll start it next week. That, of course, if no one beats me to it.

My god. That's beautiful.

I think we should start the thread on January 1st, but that's just my 2 cents.

"Frank's" Last post for 2010 - Happy Holidays Everyone on [H] - another year down..........

Here is "Frank N. Stein", his peripherals and my workstation.
*snip*

This setup is truly one of the best ones on this board.

My question is what gear is that in the two post rack next to your desk?

Glad to see you got rid of that crazy maze of pipes between the cards for "Frank." :)

Hmm Thats funny I have that mouse pad and have owned every logitech ( except the g7 ) mouse in production in the last 4 years and all like that pad. I actually just picked up the logitech g700.

Well I think what it is I bought it used and the deal was kinda sketchy but I got the steelseries qck+ from a friend and have been using it with no problems. ;)

This setup is truly one of the best ones on this board.

My question is what gear is that in the two post rack next to your desk?

Thanks for such kind words.

From top down the gear in the rack is:
  • Yamaha A/V Receiver (Being fed via optical from XFI S/C & Also has an HDMI to my center monitor which I use for set up screen for the Yamaha and also when playing movies via the DVD player below it) - This powers a Klipsch 5.1 Speaker set.
  • DVD Player to play DVD's without the PC being on
  • Two 4-Bay External HDD Storage (10TB total)
  • Koolance ERM-2KU3UCU Cooling System
  • Belkin UPS
  • PCM UPS

Glad to see you got rid of that crazy maze of pipes between the cards for "Frank." :)

Ahh, you noticed :D - Yeah, though he was "stylin" with his full chromed out dress, those lcrazy mess of tubing things I had before had to go. It was a challenge to get it finally right, but I think in the end it was worth it.

The1stCAV, that setup is absolutely amazing. Props to you for all the effort you put into it, it clearly shows. :cool: Also, here I thought I was the only one that thinks of his computers as people!

The1stCAV, what desk is that?
Honestly I do not know. I bought it at Fry's 3 years ago for $100 each and I bought 3 of them. I then took a long board with a very similar colored laminate and used it as the extended Keyboard and mouse tray. I took two of the desks and took the long pieces and made it into one desk. So the desk you see it not something that you can simply buy as one unit, it has had modifications done and two desks combined. I couldn't use it with the short piece it came with, I needed both long pieces for desk space.

The1stCAV, that setup is absolutely amazing. Props to you for all the effort you put into it, it clearly shows. :cool: Also, here I thought I was the only one that thinks of his computers as people!

Thank you, yes it has been a labor of love and yes you are not the only one who names a PC. I talk to my PC, I know when he is cranky and when he is kicking a$$. Frank is an integral part of my business and personal enjoyment, so there is a bond between machine and man considering we spend about 10+ hours a day 7 days a week together, my wife gets jealous sometimes, but good thing her and I work from home together.

I've has like 4 different keyboard/mouse/monitor combos since the earlier picture but I was looking back and when I found the 2004 picture I was really surprised to see the similarities to my current setup. Apple needs to release an aluminum keyboard with black keys to match the ACD.

phase17 can i ask? what do you think of your apple cinema, is it the best picture quality there is?

Showcasing my new razer black widow ultimate keyboard that my mom got me for Christmas

DSC01507.jpg

DSC01504.jpg

DSC01506.jpg

DSC01503.jpg

DSC01501.jpg

DSC01498.jpg

DSC01493.jpg

DSC01491.jpg

DSC01490.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back