Post your workstation 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the desk, especially with the shelf added on. Is it from ikea as well? My ikea search skills are lacking today.

which set of legs did you go with? the height of yours looks perfect.

Those are the 4" legs on an Ekby shelf

Took a few day shots with better lighting and cleaned everything up.

2i7pft.jpg

2afwpj4.jpg

I've been reading these threads for the past few years. I finally have a workstation that I feel is worthy of posting. Just in case someone asks, the steering wheel is moved in front of my monitor when I want to race :)

desk1.jpg

desk2.jpg

desk3.jpg

EDIT ** added image with just ambient light:

desk4.jpg

Last edited:
I've been reading these threads for the past few years. I finally have a workstation that I feel is worthy of posting. Just in case someone asks, the steering wheel is moved in front of my monitor when I want to race :)

Nice desktops. That a game, or are you an ALMS fan?

Nice desktops. That a game, or are you an ALMS fan?

The porsche one is actually in Windows 7's themes available straight from Microsoft. The left was actually the opening sequence from Forza3 on the xbox 360 playing in the background.
But yes, I am an ALMS/road racing fan in general.

The porsche one is actually in Windows 7's themes available straight from Microsoft. The left was actually the opening sequence from Forza3 on the xbox 360 playing in the background.
But yes, I am an ALMS/road racing fan in general.

Once I get my 360 back I'll have to check out the opening sequence! I recognized the 997 Turbo, I have those images too. :)

2010 PC

Viewsonic VA2413wm
Logitech Mx Revolution
Logitech Media PS2
Amd Athlon II X3 440
MSI 785GM-E51 AMD785G
Team ELite 2GB 1333
WD Caviar Blue 500GB
LG Dvdrw
Asus Vento
Philips Shp2500

@andrelmaraujo

What desk is that?

Hy Razor...
Those desks are, in true, kitchen glass desks.. :)... I was wanted get a glass desk to use in my office but here or are they tooooo much expensive or don´t get good quality... looking for an alternative I´ve founded this model.. with a "good" price and nice quality.. but half size that I wanted.. so I get 2 of then.. :D

The most important for me are the legs.. I´m thinking about get one big glass (3.2 meters) to change those 2 that Í´m using, but, for now, it´s working.. the 3D Vision Glasses are, now, more important.. :D

46375_10150240692780012_738255011_14297669_8330753_n.jpg

Sorry for the phone pic. Those speakers are 31 year old Technics :)

Edit - IM SO GLAD I FOUND THIS!

3 years ago
46005_10150240701005012_738255011_14297952_7877362_n.jpg

Last edited:
I've been going through the Post Your Workstation 20xx threads for the last month or so... you guys have some pretty sweet stuff. Thought I'd finally join and post a few pics of my own. Here's my humble setup:

Desk setup:
IMG_0072.jpg

A different view:
IMG_0081.jpg

The home "office" a.k.a. the living room (we have a small place, trying to save $):
IMG_0065.jpg

The bottom box is one I built in high school (2002 maybe?)... a pretty sweet hot rod at the time. Now it's running Ubuntu for network storage. The top box I just built a few months ago for $240 including an AMD Athlon II X2 (2.9GHz, OC'd to a nice round 3GHz), 3GB PC1333 DDR3 RAM, and a cheap ECS A785GM-M7 mobo (using onboard video for the time being).

I usually prefer things a little more classy, but I got the case for $15, so I'm happy with it for the time being. Hopefully soon I'll be able to talk my wife into letting me get something a little better in the gaming department...

That's pretty good looking for a $15 case dude, and all you'd really need to upgrade is throwing a mid range GFX card and you'll be set.

Finally finished setting up my new (used, but new to me) desk!! Got it for $75 on CL and the woman paid $300+ for it originally. Very sturdy and roomy :)

What do you guys think? I also picked up a cputopia dual LCD mount for my desk and I absolutely love it. Very beefy construction for the price (zero wobble on my setup).
And I just got the Samsung 226bw (rev S, on the left) for $108 on ebay w/ local pickup :D

I apologize for the crappy pictures, these are from my camera phone. Ill find/charge my digicam and get you all some actual shots tomorrow (after I clean the rest of my room hehe). Also please overook the left arm on the desk chair. My 10 year old yellow lab still thinks he is a puppy :p

Klipsch Promedia 2.1's with the woofer under the desk, and the satelites flipped sideways and tucked out of the way, 2 x 1680x1050 22" LCD's (samsung and gateway), CPUTopia LCD Mount w/ soon to be 2 Red CFL's mounted behind the monitors. Sennheiser HH 10 headphone holder keeping my Beyer DT770's off the floor.
The Deskpad is an X Trac Pads Ripper XXL ($20 from directron :p), and my old mousepad has now become my oversized coaster. Anyway it took me like 8hrs total to get it setup perfectly (almost no wires, also I wired a cat6 cable along the floor to the left of the tower, 150 ft to the living room :D).

So, how did I do? :eek:

Dont mind the little cubby area, I have yet to tackle that.
attachment.php

attachment.php

You can see where the second CFL will go once I actually go buy one. I can also swap them out for regular lights when I have real work to do.
attachment.php

Last edited:
I've been going through the Post Your Workstation 20xx threads for the last month or so... you guys have some pretty sweet stuff. Thought I'd finally join and post a few pics of my own. Here's my humble setup:

$10.00 Desk and a $600.00+ Chair. Your priorities are straight!

$10.00 Desk and a $600.00+ Chair. Your priorities are straight!

I got the chair before I got married... got the desk after. And actually, I got the desk for free :D.

After 5 years of engineering school, my Aeron and I have become very good friends. Best investment I've ever made. I got it used from a used office furniture place, so it was brought down to $400. Well worth it considering the quality, lifespan, and comfort IMO.

Built another computer . This will be the third one I have built, and I'm running out of rooms to set them up in . So this one had to go out in the garage for now.

CopyofDSC01149.jpg

Last edited:
Not the best image quality, panorama taken with my phone.

HP amd turion x2 ultra dual-core 4GB, 320GB, finger print scanner, light scribe, remote controller, hdmi, esata, dual boot ... (got it for a steal, don't use the thumb scanner),
T220HD
Desktop is random parts with a 2.2ghz P4 and 1.1TB of storage + it has its own internet connection/network which is shared with my popcorn hour a-110 that has a 750GB HD
Sony kds-60xbr1 (handy-me-down tv since Sony offered my uncle a 46NX800 for free or a 60EX700 for $670 because of the numerous repairs this has undergone within 4 years of ownership. was worth repairing myself, has a great picture.)
Bose radio which serves as an alarm clock and is wired to the tv for when I'll wear my sony mdr-7506 headphones when my partner falls asleep
My second monitor that's not pictured (acer 23" led s231hl) I've loaned to a relative

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back