Post your workstation 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current workstation. Currently living in a fraternity, so space is limited. Once I've got my own place this summer and next year, I'll post a better (updated) picture.

P0275959-1.jpg

The system is in my signature. The audio is a carat-peridot USB DAC/Headphone amp driving my Sennheiser HD580's. There's a Scythe SDA-1100 T-Amp on there as well, but since I don't really have room for speakers currently, it's just sitting there.

Keyboard is some generic logitech from Walmart (but I absolutely love it and couldn't see replacing it, especially with something that would cost 5-8x as much) and the mouse is a logitech VX revolution, which I also absolutely love.

Current workstation. Currently living in a fraternity, so space is limited. Once I've got my own place this summer and next year, I'll post a better (updated) picture.

P0275959-1.jpg

The system is in my signature. The audio is a carat-peridot USB DAC/Headphone amp driving my Sennheiser HD580's. There's a Scythe SDA-1100 T-Amp on there as well, but since I don't really have room for speakers currently, it's just sitting there.

Keyboard is some generic logitech from Walmart (but I absolutely love it and couldn't see replacing it, especially with something that would cost 5-8x as much) and the mouse is a logitech VX revolution, which I also absolutely love.

Looks like the headphones are held up with a banana holder?

Looks like the headphones are held up with a banana holder?

Yup it's a banana stand. It's pretty common, since it's a cheap method of keeping them elevated. Beats the hell out of paying $50+ for a stand when you can pick up a banana stand for about $1 at just about any goodwill.

I had a T260HD,
Then I wanted to go back to 2x 2243BWX monitors,
unplugged the T260HD
then I got lazy
too lazy to setup the monitor stands and hooking up 2x monitors...
so laptop hooked on computer speakers for now..

My computer is just sitting there like a brick,

Before:
4195131167_fb2dac2cc5_b.jpg

Now: Lazy
4541807310_296e39f9cf_b.jpg

4541807312_c3b3276782_b.jpg

4541807318_54c7e1240c_b.jpg

I'll get back to 2x monitors when I'm not lazy.

what speakers are those? anybody know?

how do you like that DAC? what have you compared it to?

I haven't compared it to a whole lot. I've listened to a Starving Student, CMOY, and a Go-Vibe V.3 on the amp side and with DAC's it's even sparser with just a Hotaudio HotUSB1. But in comparison to all of those, it blows them out of the water. The detail is amazing and it really helps bring out the lows and mids with my senns (but not to obnoxious thumpy, just right to where I feel like they were lacking). Overall kind of warm, but not quite tube warm.

My only gripe is that the amp section of it doesn't have any inputs. The entire thing tends to be designed with a focus more on the DAC end than the amp, but it's got a great headphone amp in it.

Ohh and the power LED is obnoxiously bright, but yea...

Room was too small to get it into 1 shot :/ Also, its a bit messy, just moved :/ lots of work left to do.

2m4oso6.jpg

15xkfnl.png

where most of my procrastination on school work takes place throughout the semester
Just got the monitor though, replaced 3 cheap ass 25.5" monitors relatively speaking.
DSCN0172.jpg

2010-04-29_workstation_layout.jpg

Top: Lian-Li A05 / Q6600 / 4gigs / GTX 260 (main gaming rig)
Mid: Antec Super Lanboy / Q6700 / 6gigs / 9800GTX / 9TB (fileserver/backup gaming rig)
Low: TT Armor BNS / P4 3.06 Northwood / 2gigs / (24/7 torrent box)

BTC Mini keyboard / Apple USB Keyboard / Logitech G500, MX Revolution / Klipsch THX 2.1 / Sennheiser 595's / Sony IEC's

where does everyone put their printers, when you've got nice clean tables with just a monitor, keyboard and mouse???

where does everyone put their printers, when you've got nice clean tables with just a monitor, keyboard and mouse???

Well, if they are WiFi capable, anywhere will do. Even another room. I set up a network for a co-worker and his printer (wired) is in a closet by the kitchen.

I don't have one. Any time I really need to print something, I walk or drive to the library, but that's like once a or twice a year tops.

As wra18th said, with wifi printers you can place the printer anywhere you want. I have mind in a small room just off my kitchen.

a lot of people keep them under the desk on a small table/shelf thing.
i myself keep my printer (wired) on top my mini fridge next to my desk, works out great.

It's interesting how most of these setups look like they're in show homes or arranged by interior designers...

We all know that when we're not taking pictures to show how amazing our systems are/aren't they're cluttered with "important" bits of paper, CD's and USB leads to all our gadgets. I know mine is as I type this.

It's interesting how most of these setups look like they're in show homes or arranged by interior designers...

We all know that when we're not taking pictures to show how amazing our systems are/aren't they're cluttered with "important" bits of paper, CD's and USB leads to all our gadgets. I know mine is as I type this.

sorta true. My workstation gets messy, but I clean it twice a week MINIMUM.

Well aren't you Mr. Allstar desk cleaner.

Mine it's extremely clutter with said "important" papers until I feel it's time to organize them or it drives my girlfriend nuts and she does it instead.

Not true for everyone. I know my desk is always clutter free. Even if the rest of the house is a mess, I can't stand clutter around my desk and computer.

I'm not the neatest person in general but "TRY" to keep my desk clean as it helps me be more productive. On my old (smaller) desk, it was tough simply because there wasn't enough room for anything. Since getting my Ikea Galant w/ extensions and two filing cabinets, I can be pretty organized and keep things fairly neat.

I'll take a nice photo of my setup tonight. I have a GALANT from IKEA, in black-brown, with a quarter-round extension on the long side, and a half-round extension on the short side. My desk has 2x HP ZR24w, and 1x HP LP2475w.

Mine looks how it does in pictures 99 percent of the time. I have papers and the occasional food plate on my desk, but its usually cleaned up and organized as quickly as it gets to my desk.

Because everyone is and should be a slob. You are obviously the central of the hive mind; Heil.

Here's my workstation, just bought the desk, waiting on table storage. I did clean up for picture day! I need to do some cable management underneath the table bad!

IMG_0148.jpg

i dont think that their isnt a forum that DB isnt on :D

I am currently waging a battle with a forum (Overclock.net) who is implementing an 80 buck charge for every worklog by a sponsored modder. As much as Kyle and I do not care for each-other, I at least know Kyle would never do crap like that. I have no problem helping out like buying GenMay access as people like Kyle deserve our support for running this place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back