Post your workstation 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went with Alienware Aurora (the flashing lights sold me) with a few upgrades this time around (6 gig's mem, 875 power sup and a 5870), was shooting for the 3 monitor setup (eyefinity) but Christmas set me back a little and tax season gots me puckering (hehe). Am look into monitors now and will eventually throw a fusion-io-drive in the second pcie slot.
Well this is what I started the new year with,
Mar

http://tinypic.com/r/11s2emt/6
http://tinypic.com/r/k36350/6
http://tinypic.com/r/2mg2lo0/6

iam assuming it solid door, can i get some pictures of how the shelf was mounted and the other stuff

Like what? Im happy to answer questions or post picture requests(execpt of the back because I have to actually move everything to do that). It's a pretty standard door desk with a shelf attached. Glad you like it btw. I'm digin it too.

Actually it's a hollow core door. Solid doors aren't as rigid and tend to buckle under their own weight. You can use them but you need some kind of support piece or frame or they will sag in the middle. The up side to using them is that you can mount legs directly to them unlike hollow core.
I'll show you what i mean with some pics later.

I haven't logged in, in a long while and I really wish I had paging through posts I missed was a chore but there sure are some hot setups in here.

I put this together over the weekend :D

Last edited:
Thanks man! I'm lovin it a lot it's a blast screwing with it. :) I keep messing around with it everyday trying out different techniques of cooling now just for kicks (like hooking tubes up to the window and junk haha :D), not that it needs it :D

Last edited:
And you'd be 100% wrong because it's a custom built desk made out of a door. :cool:

Edit: Ok you're right the legs are ikea so you're only 90% wrong. But even the legs are custom. Cut off about 3 inches to lower the desk to my liking.

Ouch :p It really does look exactly like my IKEA desk!

It's pretty smooth man :D Vibrations, high pitched tones, and whines are non-existent even from the HDD's where before they bothered the crap out of me. Video card is inaudible except for the only time when it rockets to 100% for a few seconds at shutdown and startup, dvd rom at full speed is smooth as silk. The psu is silent right out of the box for anyone looking for a damn quiet & quality psu, this Antec Neo is made by Seasonic. When fans are at lower speeds the whole thing is almost silent except when you put year head near the back of the case because of the open port so I'll be adding an exhaust tube soon. When the fans speed up even with the unit less than 3 feet from my ear the sound is like a distant muffled far away type of sound. I needed something that would run really quiet to do intensive tasks while I sleep. Still doing tweaks here and there for kicks. There's always room for improvement :), I used thin vinyl adhesive to aid in the damping vs buying an expensive thick vinyl barrier, I wanted to see what I could accomplish with this for now and I'm definitely pretty happy with it. It's pretty cool :D

Last edited:
Ok, my room now is just crazier than last year. Why? Well....... because I went to Tokyo for holiday.

Tokyo Tower and the stuff I got from Akihabara :D

Anyway back to the topic. This is my workstation which is in my bedroom.

First view you'll see when you open the door.

Walk inside then turn around. My main pc along with my collections.

And I'll answer the question I've been asked last time.
1. Yes, this is my room.
2. Yes, I have a job.
3. Yes, I'm a uni student
4. Yes, I got all these with my own money.
5. Yes, I have an anime club at uni.
6. Yes, I need to buy another 1 or 2TB hdd.
7. No, I'm not Japanese.
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Otaku much? :p

Have to say, Tokyo is top of my list for places to visit. Long flight from here though.

New speakers :p

workstation001.jpg

Ok, my room now is just crazier than last year. Why? Well....... because I went to Tokyo for holiday.

1. Yes, this is my room.
2. Yes, I have a job.
7. No, I'm not Japanese.

haha great set up man but i must ask, where is the naked anime bed spread? i love thos things. :p

I don't have Gundam cos I'm not a Gundam-man.
Naked bed spread well I don't have 1 but I do have a pillow case hidding something in the room :D

This is what I'll be staring at for the next few years. $450 mATX core i7 and a decent, but uselessly angled asus screen.
vwuz5w.jpg

This is what I'll be staring at for the next few years. $450 mATX core i7 and a decent, but uselessly angled asus screen.
http://i50.tinypic.com/vwuz5w.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

You should post the specs.

Walk inside then turn around. My main pc along with my collections.

1. Yes, this is my room.
2. Yes, I have a job.
7. No, I'm not Japanese.

Lol can't believe you dragged all that back from Japan (3 bottles of CC Lemon o_O). When I went all I got was some phone chains and a shinsengumi costume.

I finally got off my arse and completely redid my command central. New floor, paint, furniture, lighting and a comfy new throne.
4373852884_3385bdc33b_b.jpg

4373098997_8e7bfc7fd9_b.jpg

4373854090_b03db7ddc0_b.jpg

4373096319_52a11284d3_b.jpg

stop!theradio: dude you just don't have rights to be jealous...look at your setup....:drooling:..

Some updates to my "Man Cave", finally got the Cabinets finished and Cleaned up a bit.....
The workstation...
WS1.jpg

Rest of the room...
WS2.jpg

WS3.jpg

WS4.jpg

WS5.jpg

And the Garage...
Workbench needs a bit of cleaning up, working on the new Windows Home Server
WS6.jpg

WS7.jpg

The M.A.M.E. machine i finished a few years ago...
WS8.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. The desk legs are Vika Annefors with a 78" Vika Amon tabletop. The cabinets are from the EFFEKTIV system. The EFFEKTIV stuff is all modular and has tons of options. I looked at several different lighting options but settled on the Inredia bookcase lights due to their adjustability.

vincentvega, what kind of monitor mounts/arms are you using?
I'm using these LCD arms from Monoprice.
I wanted to go with a single mounting pole with dual arms but the monitors are 25.5in and I was afraid that the dual monitor arms wouldn't be enough for the width. They were pretty inexpensive but I'm not crazy about them. They are 3 way adjustable but they tend to sag which drives me crazy. It's probably due to the fact that they are rated to 25in and my monitors are 25.5.

cross posted to display and ikea threads

Old gear, new camera to practice with…comments added because I know there will be questions :D

5147318e3e076b4530755811eb717d0a9d01f7b.jpg

5147323c713a23b1df88b6f77ef1322c00fcdcc.jpg

^ 22x30x22 windows 7 setup, ikea vika amon with vika kaj adjustable height legs; hp (work) printer and Verizon fios hd cable box connects to 30” gateway pip via hdmi, sits on ikea lack side table underneath main desk

5147327c4c24924e6223c0505de48fc7580a0ba.jpg

^ Windows box, specs below

51473261f681a2fd0316ac085e5f487ce79afd2.jpg

514732511b568a3c9484cdf530eb202efcacba0.jpg

^ Ikea vika amon tables with effektiv shelves, black/brown doors

51473245676e5d07e8efdbedc471084421f161c.jpg

51473226d4ef830fd5a507df4e30f99e8746ed2.jpg

51473203ecb25c1afd90309135104afd9180811.jpg

5147319272d6b5dc83fcd25517e2600c88a8430.jpg

^ Apple side of the room – black macbook 13” with 24” gateway pivot monitor, runs snow leopard + windows 7

51473216c0967c1abce5f753f52e1aa1017db19.jpg

Dell (work) laptop, connected to 24” gateway monitor, sits on ikea lack birch side table underneath apple monitor/desk

All in all, the way I like it…simple, clean look, and inexpensive (well, the furniture anyway) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back