• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Post your workstation 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.


Got the Westy working. Picked up the repaired power board from the lcd repair spot I always go to take my broken TV's. Thing powered up right away and to my luck the monitor has no backlight bleed I was worried about when thinking of repairing it. Good $15 spent for a off monitor to monitor temps! Enough talk enjoy the picture.
 
Those talking about "5.1 speaker trolls" failed to read my whole post, I guess?

Although, I don't really see a way he could set those up with the speakers behind him, unless he got some floor stands for the speakers.

Selective reading, I suppose? ;)
 
I'll be updating this next week after my 24" monitor arrives. And I still need a real desk!

4267712491_4793895971_o.jpg
 
^ ^
Super nice and clean bro, I like it!
 
Nice and clean -- I agree, but isn't it too large of a screen with too coarse a resolution given the depth of the table?
 
Thanks. As for the resolution, nah. Its perfect for me. I had a 37" Westinghouse 1080P prior to this Vizio and when I switched I noticed the pixels a bit more than on the 37" but overall, Im very happy with the 42".
 
Paradigm bookshelves and a ThinkPad?

You have excellent taste, kelim. :)
 
Ill gvie this a go :)

The rig:



The nice clean desk - figured i would clean it for the new year:

Before-


After-






pics are sub par because i only have an iphone available to take em :)
 
Last edited:
First Post!

DSC_1579.jpg

DSC_1573.jpg

DSC_1558.jpg

DSC_1554.jpg

DSC_1557.jpg


It's a new office and I still have some cable wrangling to do in the server/router area.
 
beautiful setup Talton...I just hate they are writing off the Bat! May he rest in his cave till they remember that he's the man.
 
Just realized I left a photo out. I mentioned my server/router area but didn't post the pic (lowest shelf).
DSC_1555.jpg
 
Get those speakers at ear level and you'll be amazed how much better they sound when their not shooting over your head. ;)

They're at ear level, hence why I have the stands. They may look high, but I sit perfectly in line with them. Thanks for the tip though.

And thanks for all the kind words :)
 
O wow, I guess its just the picture then. They look really high haha.
 
What's the point of "surround sound" when all the speakers are in 2 speakers format?... So many ppl do this it's mind boggling.

Actually just bought a new house. Haven't had a chance to wall mount them yet. It's a must with a desk this small...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top