Post your workstation 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC01169.jpg

DSC01172.jpg

Last edited:
What's the make and model of your chair?

Herman Miller Aeron in True Black
http://www.sit4less.com/products-1/herman-miller/aeron®-by-herman-miller®;-in-true-black/93

What's the name of the wallpaper on the big monitor? I want to search my hard drives to see if I already have it! :p

Its called "My Home Planet"

It is from this guy's deviantART page:
http://cubicthree.deviantart.com/art/MY-HOME-PLANET-WALLPAPER-985600

nice stig poster!

Thanks man!

I haven't changed much from last year really. Just added an extra comp that someone gave to me, and a new monitor. ^_^

DSC_0056.jpg

Just a little bit of wire management, and that would be an excellent setup you got there. I assume you can view the flatscreen while sitting at the desk?

Just last week I had it tubed up nice, but I needed to pull a wire out and never had the chance to put it back together. Thanks, and yes I can few television nicely its on the wall on my left.

you live in vancouver man?

i think i see a shaw terminal box with a steelbook distrct 9 :)

Stop reserving spots, people! By the time you get your pictures posted, it will be a new page or, like me, people scroll right past older posts. Just take pictures and post at the same time!!!

It's not like there is a line to get into!

Ya seriously, people reserved spots on the first page and they never got around to actually adding pictures. Waste of space IMO.

@myelin1 - what's the logic behind putting your webcam so far from your screen? Wouldn't that make it so that either you can't see the person you're talking to, or else from their perspective you're facing away from them? Or is that just where you put it when it's not in use?

@JDM-Y0- nice clean setup! Especially like how nicely the case and keyboard match the glass desk. Mine's got a similar all-blue scheme, but it's about 10x messier.

Åndhrimnir;1035166410 said:
@myelin1 - what's the logic behind putting your webcam so far from your screen? Wouldn't that make it so that either you can't see the person you're talking to, or else from their perspective you're facing away from them? Or is that just where you put it when it's not in use?

the cam was recently used to monitor my computer room over the net while i was home for the holidays, hence the placement.

IMG_2361.jpg

IMG_2358.jpg

IMG_2360.jpg

IMG_2357.jpg

IMG_2343.jpg

IMG_2353.jpg

IMG_2363.jpg

my computer / HT setup. computer specs in sig,
samsung hls-5067 1080P 50" dlp TV
Yamaha HTR-5730
Samsung DVD-HD960
Xbox 360
Axiom M60's, VP150 center, QS8 surrounds (not shown)
Mediaportal for movies and tv shows

Last edited:
IMG]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a252/darren700/Workstation%202010/IMG_2361.jpg[/IMG]
IMG]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a252/darren700/Workstation%202010/IMG_2358.jpg[/IMG]
IMG_2360.jpg

IMG]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a252/darren700/Workstation%202010/IMG_2357.jpg[/IMG]
IMG]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a252/darren700/Workstation%202010/IMG_2343.jpg[/IMG]
IMG]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a252/darren700/Workstation%202010/IMG_2353.jpg[/IMG]
IMG]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a252/darren700/Workstation%202010/IMG_2363.jpg[/IMG]

my computer / HT setup. computer specs in sig,
samsung hls-5067 1080P 50" dlp TV
Yamaha HTR-5730
Samsung DVD-HD960
Xbox 360
Axiom M60's, VP150 center, QS8 surrounds (not shown)
Mediaportal for movies and tv shows

Ok seriously dude, you have a killer HT setup but my god why would you put up a 5.1 setup for your PC like that? You obviously know your shit and know that you pretty much just defeated the purpose of 5.1 with the speakers arrange like you have them. You'd be better off with a killer 2.1 setup.

But otherwise, looks good.

Ok seriously dude, you have a killer HT setup but my god why would you put up a 5.1 setup for your PC like that? You obviously know your shit and know that you pretty much just defeated the purpose of 5.1 with the speakers arrange like you have them. You'd be better off with a killer 2.1 setup.

But otherwise, looks good.

My thoughts exactly on the configuration of his 5.1 PC speakers. Although, I don't really see a way he could set those up with the speakers behind him, unless he got some floor stands for the speakers.

darren, why do you have 2 mice? Is one for the third hand in the top right corner? ;) :D

consider your questions before hand... they arent that hard to figure out

Why his speakers are set up that way?
Probably because if he put them behind him, they would be sitting in front of the tv, OR, because he has no use for 5.1... or has absolutely no use for 5.1 on a computer. . . with the home theater set up right behind him, alot of the uses for speakers are taken away

Why did he even get 5.1?
Those are a set of 30 dollar 5.1 speakers... so no, he couldnt have gotten a "killer" set of 2.1 for that price, and seeing as they are old i'd bet they've been used as 5.1 before he bought other items.

I guess the 2 mice isnt a bad question..
but my bet is the one on the right is for web surfing because his gaming mouse isnt comfortable for normal applications?

Probably because if he put them behind him, they would be sitting in front of the tv, OR, because he has no use for 5.1... or has absolutely no use for 5.1 on a computer. . . with the home theater set up right behind him, alot of the uses for speakers are taken away

Why did he even get 5.1?
Those are a set of 30 dollar 5.1 speakers... so no, he couldnt have gotten a "killer" set of 2.1 for that price, and seeing as they are old i'd bet they've been used as 5.1 before he bought other items.

but my bet is the one on the right is for web surfing because his gaming mouse isnt comfortable for normal applications?

First time encountering the 5.1 Nazis? Just let them be. They'll revert back to normal, civil posters when they see a set up with proper speaker placement. It's like a compulsion. If they see an improper 5.1 set up, they have to point it out (usually in the most obnoxious way possible).

Not that they don't have a point :cool:

You got that exactly right, I actually just picked up those speakers yesterday for $40 to replace the 2.1 version of the same speakers. I have no interest in a correct 5.1 setup for the computer as those speakers are mainly just for music and the off mw2 game. I would have gone 2.1 but i lacked the desk room for speakers on the desk, hence the wall mounting. Two mice is because the logitech one is matched with the keyboard and provides a 5th button that i have setup to close firefox tabs.. makes web browsing easier.

Why did he even get 5.1?

The point being that no one is sick of hearing about improper 5.1 placement? :rolleyes:

Calm down, it was just a joke, thus the little emoticon guy :cool:

Of course everyone is tired of hearing about it (I know I am), but trolling doesn't mean you don't have a point, it just means you are annoying... and that's basically what they are doing. Trolling.

Everyone knows you don't feed Trolls, so like I said, let them be. Griping, arguing and insults aren't going to make them go away. The only way to win the game is not to play.

And the irony of this post is not lost on me :D

Probably should've cleaned up the power wires first but oh well :D

ivc0mc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back