Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
more like a whole system upgrade, correct me if im wrong but as your rigs i see DELL GX260's/GX280's

You're wrong. Close, but wrong. It's a dimension 4550 (on the right). The left in the picture isn't running, it's being fixed for a friend. Next to that is an HP server, not in the pic though. And, I don't need an upgrade. The rig suits me just fine. A lot like my XP.

I still have XP hanging around out in the garage. It's only around to run the software needed for my RC buggies.

I literally have a computer in every room of the house except the bathroom. That's unless I take my phone in there when I take a dookie.:eek:

DSC00590.jpg

2007:
4226820813_1911654c57_b.jpg

2008:
4226820837_a6588256a9.jpg

Present:

Galant Corner Left Table (My Desk)
Galant Desk (Wife's Desk)
Mikael Computer table with casters (Printer / Server Desk)

4226821481_76f3256538_b.jpg

My Desk:
4227591498_5000124661_b.jpg

Wife's Desk:
4227591220_0d30a05c34_b.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice--like the color too, looks very clean. Where did you get the desk mat that follows the curve of the desk? Don't recall seeing them at Ikea, but I may have not looked in the right place.
I asked him the same question in the IKEA desk thread and just found it at IKEA.com: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50129963

Can't order it online, though. Gotta go to one of their stores.

Correct me if im wrong but as your rigs i see DELL GX260's/GX280's

Ditto. Was about to question that picture.

And I still use XP because...

A) I wasn't jumping on the Vista-Gay-Wagon because of win7.

B) Can't yet jump on the win7 bandwagon until I find how to do my side-toolbars correctly. I'm picky and lazy.

Having some luck with a program called "desktop sidebar". Beaten to death it works 80% as well but is still buggy.

No, moving the "new awesome" taskbar to the right hand side is NOT a solution. Goram windows engineers breaking things that weren't broken!

very clean setup, trillc
love the all black desktop focus. have same printer on order day b4 christmas to replace canon mp 830

Great setups everyone!!! Trillc I love the look of your office area.

Im excited, moving to a new house Feb 1st. I have been building a desk out of exhaust tubing (Courtesy of my step dad who owns an exhaust shop) for a few weeks now, just gotta finish up welding and get the top plate or pretty much the surface of the desk machined out. It's going to be SICK!

Great setups everyone!!! Trillc I love the look of your office area.

Im excited, moving to a new house Feb 1st. I have been building a desk out of exhaust tubing (Courtesy of my step dad who owns an exhaust shop) for a few weeks now, just gotta finish up welding and get the top plate or pretty much the surface of the desk machined out. It's going to be SICK!

The suspense is killing me, Give us some pre completion pictures. before the new year.:)

Trilic, love the red, and i love that you use the same coasters as i do! lol

Love your desk Tilic! I have been looking for a desk, and the Galant like yours, minus the end pieces, is the one I might be getting. Nice AquaTeen poster, too! :D

can you believe this thread is about to be over.... It's been a good run Post Your Workstation 2009!... you will be missed...

can you believe this thread is about to be over.... It's been a good run Post Your Workstation 2009!... you will be missed...

It's good timing, there are some small changes coming to my workstation and my fiance's area, so a new thread would be a good place to put them :)

Emphasis on "small changes", lulz

All too true. In a little over 36 hours the thread is dead. Long live the thread!!

Its all signal, and you can never stop..... the signal.

How do you use your computer with the keyboard on one desk, and the mouse on the other? Does it feel like you're flying anytime you try to use both at once? :p

I'm gonna go with "Lap Typer", or possibly "3-Armed Mutant". Could go either way.

before, hannspree 28 inch
macplushannspree.jpg

after, dell 3008wfp
macplus3008wfp.jpg

(edit: imageshack sometimes doesn't load both pics)

Last edited:
I would say lap typer.

Notice the slack in the keyboard cable.

lol

no, i just spread my arms or rotate my chair to type.

I don't game a whole lot, use the system for a lot of photo editing, i don't really need the mouse and keyboard beside each other.

monitor is in the corner to make the most of the desktop space.
basically, my chair is facing the monitor and i have no problem using the mouse and keyboard at the same time.

no way i could type with the keyboard in my lap! haha

Vase my ass, and that bill is a reminder to go hit up your dealer for a refill. Hahaha I kid, but nice setup, who makes the mouse pads, especially the metal one.

i'm gonna have to take of better picture of the vase lol,
all my mouse pads are razer, i don't have one that's metal.
but the ones i have in the pics are the goliathus, underneath that I have the sphex and than the kabuto.

the 20 bucks was in my pocket, I keep coins in the vase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back