Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does the "Poor man" part come in?

Was thinking the same thing. There's certainly nothing wrong with that setup. Beats the crap out of mine on most points :p But then I was unemployed for nearly two years and now I'm studying. That's "poor" for you :) Don't think there's a single piece of furniture in my apartment that I didn't either get for free or bought really cheap from someone who was about to throw it away LOL. I also bought the CPU and mobo used and got the cheapest case I could find ;)

Last edited:
I'd say just about everyone has had a poor man's setup at one point or another in there life (though there are always exceptions, lol).

Here was mine, back about 10 yrs ago, when most of my gear was whatever I could scrounge from the "scrap" pile at work as they replaced equipment.

desk640.jpg

my dorm setup from last year
DSC_0452.jpg

The whole workstation
DSC_0449.jpg

My computer desk
DSC_0457.jpg

Inside the box
DSC_0453.jpg

mix in a little music
DSC_0454.jpg

and an excellent pair of headphones

I've had a custom gaming pc in my dorm each year. that was the smallest case that I used.

IMG_1063_small.JPG

Please don't be too hard on me, I just got done plugging everything in and I haven't done any cable management yet.

Last edited:
By chance remember where you got your desk? In the market for a new one as mine has no back so I can't hide wires.

Got it from officeworks here in Australia, nice solid desk for a good price! Having the same problem with my living room setup, wires everywhere, but needed a nice open cabinet for good airflow to 360 and amp.

first person that picks the comedian and what CD my comment is from gets a free 9600GT sent to them from me.

i would prefer someone that actually kinda needs it - not someone with gtx 285 SLi, but either way someone is getting a free card

first person that picks the comedian and what CD my comment is from gets a free 9600GT sent to them from me.

i would prefer someone that actually kinda needs it - not someone with gtx 285 SLi, but either way someone is getting a free card

It's all mine, sorry guys! :D

That wallpaper is called "Spectrumofthesky". The largest size I've seen it in during a google search was 1280x800.

I wish you luck ;)

desk.jpg

I finally got around to posting a pic, its messy yet empty...
Also almost everything is Dell, I can't help that it just seems to be cost effective that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back