Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a dangerous comment you made, once you start with dual 22" monitors, soon you will want three and then they will become 24s, 30s etc. :D:D

+1. I have two 19" monitors and a 32" HDTV connected to my system and I am going to be moving to either 2 22" or 2 24" shortly.

Yeah, I went from a 19" to a 24" and tried two 17" so it would match up top to bottom but too little space and went to 2 24" but hated not having a middle so now I am using 3 24" monitors and could not go back to less!

Yeah, I went from a 19" to a 24" and tried two 17" so it would match up top to bottom but too little space and went to 2 24" but hated not having a middle so now I am using 3 24" monitors and could not go back to less!

Yeah, I might try to get one and then flip one of my 19's sideways to compensate, however with the Dell 2209WA being only 200 in their outlet store its hard to pass up on two of those......if not that I am probably going to end up with 2 S2409W's

Here's my setup:
PICT1517.jpg

PICT1520.jpg

Nothing special. Just a Dell computer:
PICT1535.jpg

My monitors:
PICT1522.jpg

G19 Keyboard and G9 mouse:
PICT1537.jpg

Have two receivers...
PICT1523.jpg

...Powering two sets of these:
PICT1533.jpg

Wiring disaster:
PICT1525.jpg

Sorry for the glares in the pictures. If anybody has any questions about anything that I have, I will try to get you the link for it.

Finally cleaned my desk up, needed to take some pics to remember what it could look like if it gets all congested again. Not as fancy as some that I have seen on here, but it does the job.

P1000963.jpg

P1000983.jpg

P1000982.jpg

Finally cleaned my desk up, needed to take some pics to remember what it could look like if it gets all congested again. Not as fancy as some that I have seen on here, but it does the job.

P1000963.jpg

Wow! I had that same exact desk for like 8 years. I ended up taking everything off of it just like you. Sold it on craigslist about a year ago when I bought my Ikea Galant. That desk will withstand anything. lol

Wow! I had that same exact desk for like 8 years. I ended up taking everything off of it just like you. Sold it on craigslist about a year ago when I bought my Ikea Galant. That desk will withstand anything. lol

This desk certainly has been versitile. Its over 5 years old with only the keyboard tray needing repair, the rest have held up quite nicely. I thought about getting a new desk, but rather invest in other things such as the 2200VA UPS for 100 bucks new. On top of that, I dont think there are many corner desks that will accomodate a 32" monitor/tv.

It's my fiancee's laptop on the other side. The legroom is fine, there's more than what it looks like. We're currently packed in at her parent's house, saving up for the wedding :)

ack.... could not have imagined living with my in-laws ..... much less prior to the wedding :eek:

gl man

Just wondering, is that rad mounted at all?

No, I stuck some felt pads on the side and sat it on the case. The hole for the 80mm fan on top of the case is now covered by the rad, but I use that hole for the fan wiring. It doesnt even budge even without being mounted.

Stacking computers is all too common, but usually when the bottom one is on the ground.
You must not have any friends come over when their drunk and stumbling, like I did.
It's very dangerous, for your computer.

Jeebus, I would hate to see that Thermaltake case take a tumble onto and smash that LCD (and everything else)!!!

Haha... That was a whiles back, I have just that thermaltake on the desk alone with a monitor now. The speakers are awesome on the other hand.

Anyone have a solid panel for my thermaltake case ??

Last edited:

*snipped pics* QUOTE]

mind sharing where you got the Intel Wallpapers?

Just use the vista drivers for 7. I had the same issue where the lcd didn't initially work, I reinstalled the vista drivers and now it works. The drivers should be on the Logitech website.

*snipped pics* QUOTE]

mind sharing where you got the Intel Wallpapers?

Sure can, for the i7 Core.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=107030

For the Core 2 Duo
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0OcoiBeaS7A/SN57Q4-bpEI/AAAAAAAABQ8/iU-VaZznfTs/s1600-h/Intel+Core+2+Duo.jpg

And yes, all I did was use the Vista drivers off the logitech site for the G15. Just make sure to run the compatibility with Vista (SP2). No side effects for the install.

Hell ya still playing BF2! I'm looking forward to the new patch 1.5 September 1st. You'll find me with the same nickname here. Usually playing infantry only on Karkand.

Nice setup, ontariotl

Haven't posted mine in a while.
I just bought the 360. It's the new edition, and i bought it from a friend (6 months old) for $265. 360 Elite 120gb, 6 games, 2 controllers. Pretty beast deal if you ask me!
Also, the laptops keyboard died, hence the external one :)

DSC00482.jpg

DSC00486.jpg

Mine's on the left, my sisters is the right.

DSC00487.jpg

Does anyone have a decent suggestion for a small desk or lapdesk that will support a keyboard and mouse? I want to hook up a PC to my new HDTV and play some of the games via kb/m from the couch.

raikiri where did you buy your rack to the left of your desk. I need that for my audio/pc equipment.

Hey, I got it used for £20 (£300+ new so a bargain). There are plenty similar available if you look around :)

Edit: It's a Soundstyle xs105 which has been discontinued now, might be able to find one used if you're lucky.

Just use the vista drivers for 7. I had the same issue where the lcd didn't initially work, I reinstalled the vista drivers and now it works. The drivers should be on the Logitech website.

Tried that, it said it wasn't compatible. =[

Where did you get those angle offset mats for the speakers? Need a couple of those from my HT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back