Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mostly ika Furniture :)

2 x Vika tables n a galant :D

I love Ikea too, cheap, stylish n useful furniture .

That's not a Galant. I believe it's a Fredrik.

I went to the Ikea in Charlotte yesterday to help my brother pick up some bookshelves. I was sorely tempted to pick up a Fredrik for myself.

itdept.jpg

Lets just remember that this is not the "Post your fat ass in underwear over 10 year old tech thread," with the number of this particular picture going up in this thread I am beginning to think that people want to be this guy...

My desk is not the Galant or Fredrik... it's the old Jerker.

Oh, and beige computers and beige underwear is kind of not cool :(

I've been lurking here for too long.. About time I posted my humble setup.

I'll be moving to college in 2 months and plan on getting an IKEA Fredrik. I'm aiming for the large version with shelves but I may have to settle for the small version as my room will be pretty tight!

And yes, the speakers and keyboard need to go. The Logitech G51 and Z-2300 are both on the wishlist! If only I could get a damn job :YAWN!

If only I could get a dual monitor stand like the ones in this thread I'd be sorted. I've tried a few of the suppliers on that thread and none of them will ship to ireland.

[idealScenario]somebody here would offer to relay one of these to IRL for me[/idealScenario] :D

view1u.jpg

view2.jpg

P.S. Any body here from Ireland ??

Last edited:
my only critique is the vodka. dump that shit. buy some scotch. graduate to manhood.
Drinking scotch makes you a man. Is it the same as drinking redbull will give you wings? :D Alcohol is alcohol. In the end, it all does the same thing. It's what you do when you're in that state of mind that matters. :)

Have to ask, what desk is that? And is that a mirror top tinited? or along those lines?
It's a piece of black glass that I found by the dumpster at my apartment. Looks like it could have been a part of a table top or coffee table. I just modified my old desk to support the black glass.

It's a piece of black glass that I found by the dumpster at my apartment. Looks like it could have been a part of a table top or coffee table. I just modified my old desk to support the black glass.

It looks a whole lot like the top from a desk that I got from Staples awhile back... as a matter of fact, I'd bet money that's what it came from. I think they desk was part of the Onyx line or something like that. Several people here on [H] had that desk.

Picture of the projected image? I've seen them like that before, but I'm curious to see how yours turned out.
Its only 640x480(possibly will be 720p by the end of the year though), but its not half bad considering i got everything for free more or less. This was a freezeframe from top gun, obviously not the best quality in the world due to having it paused it.
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk241/bomberboysk/DSCN2434.jpg?t=1248851922
holy **** we have the same minifridge

Hehe, ive had this for over 2 years now. Only complaint i have is it only fits medium pizza boxes:p

av40.jpg

Loving my 2209WA. Makes the AV40s look a bit small.

27" CRT sitting to the right for tv or and used as a second monitor or for whatever else.

I've been lurking here for too long.. About time I posted my humble setup.

I'll be moving to college in 2 months and plan on getting an IKEA Fredrik. I'm aiming for the large version with shelves but I may have to settle for the small version as my room will be pretty tight!

And yes, the speakers and keyboard need to go. The Logitech G51 and Z-2300 are both on the wishlist! If only I could get a damn job :YAWN!

If only I could get a dual monitor stand like the ones in this thread I'd be sorted. I've tried a few of the suppliers on that thread and none of them will ship to ireland.

[idealScenario]somebody here would offer to relay one of these to IRL for me[/idealScenario] :D

view1u.jpg

view2.jpg

P.S. Any body here from Ireland ??
Im From Northern Ireland :)

What do you guys think?

Balt Two-Pnue Two-level Pneumatic Table.
Humanscale M7 Ergo LCD arm.
Klipsch Promedia 2.1
Humanscale Freedom chair

Woofer and computer fit snuggly under 2nd level of the table.

IMG_6212.jpg

IMG_6215.jpg

Last edited:
quick question since i didnt know where else to post

i have a spare corian countertop that i was thinking about using to make a desk. the only problem is i dont know how to attach legs to it. my dad was suggesting the glue that they use to put countertops on but i was thinking more like drilling. im afraid drilling it will crack it though. any suggestions?

quick question since i didnt know where else to post

i have a spare corian countertop that i was thinking about using to make a desk. the only problem is i dont know how to attach legs to it. my dad was suggesting the glue that they use to put countertops on but i was thinking more like drilling. im afraid drilling it will crack it though. any suggestions?

You could always make a frame for the legs to attach to... just glue and screw the frame to the underside of the countertop, then attach your legs to the frame rather than the actual countertop. As far as attaching the frame to the countertop, maybe you can find some screws that would attach it well without going too deep and risking damaging the material. Also... the glue would help hold it all in place. When I installed the countertop in my kitchen, I used a method very similar to this and it worked flawlessly. Hope this helps a bit :)

You could always make a frame for the legs to attach to... just glue and screw the frame to the underside of the countertop, then attach your legs to the frame rather than the actual countertop. As far as attaching the frame to the countertop, maybe you can find some screws that would attach it well without going too deep and risking damaging the material. Also... the glue would help hold it all in place. When I installed the countertop in my kitchen, I used a method very similar to this and it worked flawlessly. Hope this helps a bit :)

alright sweet. one other question, its white and i wanna spray paint it. i'll prob do some sort of charcoal color. do i need to prime it first or what? and then i guess i spray a top coat on it?

alright sweet. one other question, its white and i wanna spray paint it. i'll prob do some sort of charcoal color. do i need to prime it first or what? and then i guess i spray a top coat on it?

I'm not 100% sure about the painting, I've never done it to a desk but I would think a primer would probably be a good idea. Also, make sure you allow for maximum drying time to give the paint time to cure real good so it won't scratch or chip as easy. Maybe there's a special paint that adheres better to a countertop surface... but like I said, I'm not sure of all this. I've always had pretty good luck with Krylon Fusion on a number of different surfaces... but I never tried anything really glossy or slippery without first priming it, or at least sanding it a bit to rough it up for better adhesion.

What I did do one time when I wanted to change the look of a desk I had... I used contact paper and made the desk appear as if it had a leathery surface. Just another idea.

Good luck... oh and post some pics for us when you get it done :)

It's a Herman Miller Aeron... retails $600-800 but you could probably find some used ones for cheap.

I actually just got my Herman Miller Embody... $1400 but worth it... w/ 12 year warranty too :D

DeskPics003.jpg

Questions and Comments are always welcome!
whered you get the wire looking rack? would you happen to have the dimensions? looking to put my computer on top of that and maybe my xbox on the bottom

I have one of those as well. They are really nice (no screws necessary) and quite sturdy. They used to sell em at either Home Depot or Lowes. Forgot which it was. They may still be there for all I know.

Must be nice in this day and age ;)

Heh, just a college kid with some surplus cash... going to school in the fall with a degree that focuses around sitting in front of a computer along with sitting in front of computers in my spare time or working on them as part of a job...

So it sorta made sense... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back