Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, i like how simple it is.

What happened to your desktop? Are you now *only* using the laptop? I thought you had a desktop in a rocketfish case.
Thanks! Yeah my main pc is a desktop but that's at home. I live in Hawai'i but go to school in Oregon so it would have been too expensive to ship everything up here. I used to have a Rocketfish up here too but the whole build was just way too much of a headache so I sold right after I had finally finished building it.

Here's an old pic of my home rig. Some things are changed (Moved my dad's pc into my old Kandalf case, new mouse/keyboard, cleaner now) but it still looks pretty much the same. Hopefully this summer I can move the dresser to the closet though and get a bigger desk but...I have to find a new job first. :(

Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

Lol pretty much never. I spend like like 12-15 hours a day sitting at my desk watching tv/movies, doing hw, and gaming (Probably can tell I hate my school :p)...definitely should have thought of that when I decided against a replacement for the pos chair I use. :eek:

Thanks! Yeah my main pc is a desktop but that's at home. I live in Hawai'i but go to school in Oregon so it would have been too expensive to ship everything up here. I used to have a Rocketfish up here too but the whole build was just way too much of a headache so I sold right after I had finally finished building it.

Here's an old pic of my home rig. Some things are changed (Moved my dad's pc into my old Kandalf case, new mouse/keyboard, cleaner now) but it still looks pretty much the same. Hopefully this summer I can move the dresser to the closet though and get a bigger desk but...I have to find a new job first. :(

Gotcha. Your home office area looks nice! I know the feeling with having stuff at home a long way away and being off at college. I'll be going to college while my parents are 8,000 miles away. So, ill have to think of something :D

i like your workstation,I'm looking for good/high quality speakers for my computer.
and your speakers looks amazing ,what is the name of this speakers ?

The speakers he has can be found here, a lot of [H]ard users use those or a similiar style, they are made by Swan. :)

Here's my dorm workstation, [H] crash deleted it the last time I posted. Soo much faster than the backup Acer I had been using as my main before! :D

Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

it's an apple keyboard?

i'm going to buy a new keyboard and I like this one...

Yup, it's the Apple aluminum keyboard. It's nice to type on but takes a while to get used to; it's a little too thin for really comfortable typing but it allows me to type much faster than my old Logitech.

Yup, it's the Apple aluminum keyboard. It's nice to type on but takes a while to get used to; it's a little too thin for really comfortable typing but it allows me to type much faster than my old Logitech.

it's compatible with windows?

Not a big change since i last posted. Got a new TV that i also use for my laptop.

desk2.jpg

it's compatible with windows?
It's "compatible" as in it works but unless you can get a copy of the bootcamp drivers, most of the extra keys, i.e. volume, eject, etc, won't work without re-mapping. There's also no dedicated print screen or num lock key.

Dev1ant,

Be so kind to tell me the what Desk that is? It looks like it could fit my needs rather well.

p_00019.jpg

Temp Laptop setup in bedroom on my galant. Probably moving my entire setup back into my room once I get the whole room cleaned and redone.

If you look closer there are a series or URLs just below said screenshot. Hmm, I wonder what they are ;)

Haven't posted in this thread yet, so figured I would.

Found a desk on the side of the street yesterday, so I picked it up. Much better than my old one (which I have no pictures of [stopped paying for my website which the files were hosted on]). Anyways, it was in great condition so I took my skateboard, loaded pieces of the desk, and went back and forth a few times. Was only a few blocks away, wasn't bad.

One side of my room:
DSC00463.jpg

Other side:
DSC00464.jpg

"Music" Corner I guess you can call it:
DSC00465.jpg

"Boring" Corner?
DSC00466.jpg

Don't even use the AK Rocker anymore. The cat mainly sleeps on it:
DSC00468.jpg

Desk:
DSC00469.jpg

Overview:
DSC00470.jpg

360:
DSC00471.jpg

Under the desk and cable management (or lack there of):
DSC00472.jpg

If anyone has the same speakers as I, do you get an odd helicopter sound coming from your speakers? I'm guessing it's the volume changer doohickey because I move it around and it seems to get rid of the sound in certain places. Anyways, it's fine where it is (which is an odd spot) but it would be nice to find out if this is normal with these speakers. Other than this slight problem they sound great.

Very nice Eccentrix. I really like your room. I wish mine was like that.

*HUGE* change Rx_cigerette That desk looks sooooooooooo much better!

^^ Thanks. I'll try to find pictures of my old setup (was using an old old desk) but I'm not sure if I have some. I've changed my room around so much the last 3 years, I'm just glad I've got a desk I actually like seeing as the other 2 I had weren't great.

Eccentrix, I like it!

BTW is that green guitar a Dean?

It looks a LOT like my Dean Performer acoustic electric, mine is the blue one though, the faded denim.

^ Yes it is actually. I believe it's a playmate. It was given to me, needs to be fixed up heavily. Lot's of dead frets. I'm always just playing my ibanez, which needs to be upgraded but it's fine for now.

Main desktop is enclosed in a rare Coolermaster ATC-410-SX1, display is a Dell 2209WA that just replaced my aging Dell FP2001 (sigh.. goodbye true IPS panel). Headphones are Sennheiser HD-595s, looking to upgrade to HD-650s :)

DSC01539.gif

DSC01536.gif

HTPC chassis is a Zalman HD135b, HDTV is a Sony XBR970 :)

DSC01540.gif

very old issue of Jtuner on the top there, happen to own an RX-7 or two also?

Heh, I have that same racheting screw-driver... I use it all the time while working on computers, soooo nice... maybe not the same one... -_-

(Didnt' wanna re-quote the pics... )

Update, got new toys (I7) and new case ;)

Sorry for the quality of the pictures, I really suck as photographer :_(

Last edited:
im glad I grew out of the needing TONS of stuff either on my desk or in the room that included my PC.

Woah, I was checking our your monitor and I noticed a screenshot of what looks to be Jackman as Wolverine...that wouldn't be the newly leaked film would it? :eek:

yes indeed it is the newly leaked film. missing some of the cgi though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back