Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Desk/office area:
IMG_0391.jpg

TV area:
IMG_0392.jpg

The stuff on the tv side isn't mine, its the family's. But I'm the only one down here 98% of the time.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I know I have posted in here already.. o well. Its a bit dark, I the lights in my room just don't get that bright.

IMG_0009-2.jpg

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
eab16hatchie, nice TDK/Joker poster.

his 17/19inch will get more FPS running from his card than a 24in @ 1920 x 1200 will.
I'd say the point is that some games w/ max'd AA/AF still get plenty of FPS @ up to 19x12. CoD2 for instance. I do like my Trinitron tube CRT though, but my secondary monitor will go from a 17" Sony LCD to a 22" Acer in due time :D. Wish I could afford/find a Sony F520(msrp $1600) or similar 21-22". That would rock.

new pic!!
*snip

Nice looking setup. What kind of wee speakers are those? As you can see below, I'm looking for new ones :)

New Anthro desk with motorized telescoping legs

Sitting position:
3431386447_bab336cfd1.jpg

Standing position:
3432201490_4a132d4ccb.jpg

Quickie specs:
Intel Dual Core E8400 w/ ATI 4870. Dell 21" widescreen. ~ 13 year old 2.1 Gateway 2000 (remember when they had the "2000"?) speakers, 24 year old IBM "clicky" keyboard, 34 year old Pioneer reciever that needs some work.

It is the Galant from Ikea. I've got the same desk with a few extensions on the previous page. Great desk, especially with the Signum cable management.

Thanks. I've been wanting a rounded/almost L shaped desk for a while. I don't have a whole lot of room though. I decided on making one, just haven't figured out how to do it to have enough room to work and fit it in my room.:eek:

Nice looking setup. What kind of wee speakers are those? As you can see below, I'm looking for new ones :)

New Anthro desk with motorized telescoping legs

Sitting position:
<snip>

Standing position:
<snip>

Quickie specs:
Intel Dual Core E8400 w/ ATI 4870. Dell 21" widescreen. ~ 13 year old 2.1 Gateway 2000 (remember when they had the "2000"?) speakers, 24 year old IBM "clicky" keyboard, 34 year old Pioneer reciever that needs some work.

Well, that is a pretty neat feature of the desk... but is there a real use for it to raise or lower? I guess some people would prefer to stand at times. Maybe I just don't have a use for it, but still pretty neat. It's not like everyone's desk can do that!

CLICKERS FTW! :D

Holy crap, I have that receiver :D Is that the Pioneer SX-424?

Close! SX-626 :D

lord_farfig said:
Well, that is a pretty neat feature of the desk... but is there a real use for it to raise or lower? I guess some people would prefer to stand at times. Maybe I just don't have a use for it, but still pretty neat. It's not like everyone's desk can do that!

CLICKERS FTW!

I love it. I'll change it back and forth a couple times a day.
And yes, I may replace the speakers, but I will never replace the clickey keyboard!

Close! SX-626 :D

Oh, I have the SX-424. My dad bought it along with a couple loudspeakers, a turntable, and a casette player about 30 yrs ago :p He bought the whole thing for about a couple grands at the time :D

That thing is still running fine xD

Oh, I have the SX-424. My dad bought it along with a couple loudspeakers, a turntable, and a casette player about 30 yrs ago :p He bought the whole thing for about a couple grands at the time :D

That thing is still running fine xD

Such were the electronics of yesteryear. :(

And Zaphod137, nice clean cabling on the back there. :)

Here's mine . . .

frontal.jpg

offshot.jpg

Zaphod, did you know anything about a speaker company named "Sound Research Labs?" That's the company of the speaker which came with the Pioneer :) I don't know if they are good or not, but they just sound wonderful :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back