Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What stand do you use for those monitors? :cool:
The Humanscale M7 dual monitor mount - http://www.humanscale.com/products/m7_deskmount.cfm

Mr_+B_s+Desk+Monitor+Arm.jpg

I know I just posted last night, but right after I took that pic I decided to change it up. :D

69c1b2a5.jpg

The last thing I wanted if I was going to have the back of my desk facing out was messy cables, so I did what I could.
84416b98.jpg

^^ The black box right above this text is a Yamaha YST-SW80 powered subwoofer.

^ Bonus points for the Swan speakers, massive deduction for the Bose headphones and speaker set a couple posts above.

Nice setup criccio, thanks for posting. How do you like the M200MkIIs? I am interested in getting a pair one of these days. I was worried about the size but they look very nice in your setup. That Yamaha sub looks pretty nice as well. Like the Rocketfish mousepad too. I really like mine.

Thanks. I absolutely love the Swans. Normally I have them coupled with a Devilsound DAC but it broke so I'm waiting for an RMA. Onboard audio for now... :mad:

As for the Yamaha... it works. :rolleyes: I have it really low and blended as its old and might be a bit blown. Used to be my dads old HT sub.

^ Bonus points for the Swan speakers, massive deduction for the Bose headphones and speaker set a couple posts above.

Come on, Bose is not that bad. It's not the best for the money you pay, but don't act like they're crap. I have a set of Bose earbuds and aside from the loose fit they sound and look great.

I did finally move into the house I was talking about a few pages back.

Here's a quick shot of the part of the room that is done (the other corners are filled with my other crap).

Please note that I still have yet to get my speakers, sub, and receiver.

DSC00654.jpg

Come on, Bose is not that bad. It's not the best for the money you pay, but don't act like they're crap. I have a set of Bose earbuds and aside from the loose fit they sound and look great.

For the money, you can do a lot better.

The joke is B.O.S.E - Buy Other Stereo Equipment.

I personally don't think they're terrible products, I just don't think they're worth probably more than half what they charge for them. I have a pair of BOSE monitors for my desktop but that's because I got them for free, and I'm actively looking to replace them with something I actually want, instead of something I'm sort of stuck with.

lol, i like my BOSE, deep base,clear sounds.i agree its a little pricey but, overall its not that bad for computers.

Here's a quick shot of the part of the room that is done (the other corners are filled with my other crap).

beautiful! I love it! :D

DSC00654.jpg

one flaw and that is the exposed wiring hanging down from the TV. Other than that it looks good.

Thanks. I absolutely love the Swans. Normally I have them coupled with a Devilsound DAC but it broke so I'm waiting for an RMA. Onboard audio for now... :mad:

As for the Yamaha... it works. :rolleyes: I have it really low and blended as its old and might be a bit blown. Used to be my dads old HT sub.

Thanks for the info. Wow I hope the Devilsound is under warranty. It would be a major bummer to lose a $250 DAC.

Thanks for the info. Wow I hope the Devilsound is under warranty. It would be a major bummer to lose a $250 DAC.

It was. One of the USB contacts in the connector broke off. I probably could have fixed it, but they where completely OK with replacing and I'm ok with getting a new one. :D

I'll try to get a shot of mine up. I just got a gateway FX desktop(specs in sig) yesterday and not everything is setup. Btw, I do know that I could have built something better for cheaper, but cash was not laying around. I'm financing the FX from a local computer store.

a few shots of mine (specs in sig):
Asus_VK266H_2.JPG

Good thing I don't have a glossy panel :D
Asus_VK266H_side.JPG

I love this panel.
Asus_VK266H_sm.JPG

Some attempts at artsy-fartsy night shots:
IMG_1417.JPG

IMG_1416.JPG

IMG_1435.JPG

I like this shot.
IMG_0800.JPG

Slight update on the monitor order and moved the PC off the floor.

I want to paint this room and I'm currently adding some floating shelves(maybe, the anchors I've tried so far haven't done shit and about to try some heavy duty metal ones) above the monitors.
Need some good paint colors, not too dark or too light tho, and a nice color. I know I've seen some nice blues in some peoples rooms but I'm too lazy to go back and find the pic. I think a guy had a nice audio setup in the 08 thread with like 5 jerkers and had an awesome blue paint color maybe?

sorry for the bad quality pic -_-
IMG00226.jpg

Went back to the samsung 204 b as my monitor.
IMG_0256.jpg

The whole setup
IMG_0262.jpg

I exchanged the Sharp which the first one died and displayed only a single red line, the second one the remote wouldn't work outside of 5 feet. Now I have a LG 32LG30 which I like a thousand time better.
STA_0258.jpg

wonSR4, stop posting those f'ing huge images everywhere. I mean really, 3072x2074, why? Not even the high res 30" 2560x1900 monitors can handle res that high.

My current workstation. It isn't the neatest thing around, but it works for me. Still considering triple 24" monitors (no more FW900 though). You can click the images to enlarge them if you would like.

It looks like you're using that desk to its full potential Fox. :) Dual 24" will probably fit that desk but probably not triple :p

Slight update on the monitor order and moved the PC off the floor.

I want to paint this room and I'm currently adding some floating shelves(maybe, the anchors I've tried so far haven't done shit and about to try some heavy duty metal ones) above the monitors.
Need some good paint colors, not too dark or too light tho, and a nice color. I know I've seen some nice blues in some peoples rooms but I'm too lazy to go back and find the pic. I think a guy had a nice audio setup in the 08 thread with like 5 jerkers and had an awesome blue paint color maybe?

sorry for the bad quality pic -_-
IMG00226.jpg

dude lol, that looks like a scene from a horror movie or some shit hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back