Post your workstation 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
so... i was waiting until i cleaned up my basement before i posted my workstation. then i realized that in order to properly represent the area in which i fulfill my electronics hobby i should just take pictures as is and post them.

so here is my summer setup at my parent's house...

... And I thought I was the only one with spare computers laying around the house (have 10 right now). All of them folding away for Team 33....

DSC01423.jpg

DSC01410.jpg

i'm in the middle of installing windows on a new drive in my main rig and transferring all my stuff over (just that time to reformat). while i was doing that i had the dell laptop open to just goof around between prompts and transfers. two of the cases on the floor are empty shells. the other rig on the floor i was setting up for a friend. and the other laptop is out on the trunk because i honestly didn't know where to put it, lol.

I guess you play alot of guitar hero huh???

so... i was waiting until i cleaned up my basement before i posted my workstation. then i realized that in order to properly represent the area in which i fulfill my electronics hobby i should just take pictures as is and post them.

so here is my summer setup at my parent's house...

DSC_0170.jpg

DUDE!!! Is that ROOT BEER Edy's Ice cream??? Where did you get it?!?!:D

Sorry for the low quality pics:

Need to upgrade the monitor and chair....
P1020209.jpg

Brand new R61 (work laptop) along with a BB 8830 (upgrading to a Curve soon).
P1020208.jpg

EMERGENCY Stash:
P1020211.jpg

Only keep my favorite ones in my room, the rest are in storage:
P1020213.jpg

Rock Band is awesome! Real drums even more so!
P1020205.jpg

... And I thought I was the only one with spare computers laying around the house (have 10 right now). All of them folding away for Team 33....

lol same, except I have 4 laying around.

A) HP with 500MHz Intel Celeron, 384MB RAM
B) Generic Case with AMD Sempron 2500+ Socket A, 1GB RAM
C) AMD Athlon 64 4000+ Sckt 939, 2GB RAM
D) HP Lappy with 2.66GHz Desktop P4

lol same, except I have 4 laying around.

A) HP with 500MHz Intel Celeron, 384MB RAM
B) Generic Case with AMD Sempron 2500+ Socket A, 1GB RAM
C) AMD Athlon 64 4000+ Sckt 939, 2GB RAM
D) HP Lappy with 2.66GHz Desktop P4

Yea, the slowest I have running right now a is a dual P3 733 (the rest are LGA775/AM2). I actually have another 8 relics or so in storage (ranging from a Pentium MMX to PIII, good times). Good thing I don't have to pay the energy bill for my place...

@SolidHeat

-Should pop some spotlights under your shelf. Kinda like j1zzn1t's beast setup ;o

Yea, the slowest I have running right now a is a dual P3 733 (the rest are LGA775/AM2). I actually have another 8 relics or so in storage (ranging from a Pentium MMX to PIII, good times). Good thing I don't have to pay the energy bill for my place...

nice....

It seems like the older PCs were built like tanks... They just won't die.... Quality FTW!

Our DAW Setup in our studio:

ControlCenter.jpg

Funny but you can't actually see the PC, but it's a rackmount 4U Skyhawk case with a quad-core CPU, 4 gigs RAM, GeForce 8800, Firewire cards, etc, etc, etc.

Went back and forth a lot... I'm about 90% done. Wall mounted, painted, ran wires, took em down, moved things, bought new things, lots of random bull. Now I'd say I'm 90% complete with this setup.

To come: Wooden Blinds, Logitech Quickcam 9000, Logitech MX Air, TV Stand, Creative USB Soundcard for 5.1, A Sexy mesh chair, and a base&stick mic that I'm mounting to the back of my monitor so the head hardly stick out the side.

If you'd like a before and after, here is my before:
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1032082353&postcount=730

Current setup:

I have an invisible computer.
20081qd6.jpg

20082sn0.jpg

Room - Enter, and slowly move to the right.
20083aw0.jpg

20084yu6.jpg

20085gn4.jpg

^ Yes, I am going to put a plate over that hole and finish wiring.

20086ne8.jpg

^ Yes, I'm aware that doesn't match... like I said 90% finished.
[Ps3 downstairs k]

20087fm0.jpg

^ Computer shown... Building a stable support for the laptop platform. Temporary for now lawl.

20088pw7.jpg

^ I hardly used duct tape at all this time. Running zipties through the jerker holes on the legs (same side) wasn't too fun, but it was worth it.

20089il7.jpg

200810ot5.jpg

^ I also have a Nokia 8600 Luna, depends on my mood. Lol'd.

200811pf7.jpg

^ Other speaker.

Our DAW Setup in our studio:

ControlCenter.jpg

Funny but you can't actually see the PC, but it's a rackmount 4U Skyhawk case with a quad-core CPU, 4 gigs RAM, GeForce 8800, Firewire cards, etc, etc, etc.

I take it you do something involving music.

the MALM is a nice bed for the price, love the simple design but watch out for the corners :D

took me a few weeks to finally learn to avoid them at night...

The name of the band is Anklebolt, and no, you've never heard of us. :) When we get our demo finished there will be a web page and all that, but for now we're getting the album done.

Our sound is based on classic East Coast Hardcore circa '85 or so (think Cro-Mags or Gorilla Biscuits) with some California Dead Kennedys and Led Zeppelin thrown in for riffage flavor.

what I should've done: Post pictures of only my pc/work area.

what I did do: not Post pictures of only my pc/work area /edit

I'll get picures of the pc hopefully this weekend. I'm in the middle of building a desk, and my stuff is on the floor.:(

sweet, so you build bikes? :(, I miss being a gear head, but I don't miss being a "chimney" haha (yeah I used to smoke pretty heavily when I was a mechanic)

what I should've done: Post pictures of only my pc/work area.

what I did do: not Post pictures of only my pc/work area /edit

Is that a micro korg? And what keyboards under it?

Mhm :) Under it is an M-Audio Keystation 61es MIDI controller that I use with Reason. I also use it to control the MK sometimes as I like playing the full sized semi-weighted keys a little better than the tiny keys on the MK, haha.

EDIT: Here's a picture of them on, haha.

IMG_1804.jpg

Also, here's some shots of the guitar my brother got for me 4 or so years ago when he was in the Air Force stationed in Korea. It's got a really nice sound. I love it. The guy that makes them is called Mr. Potato. Some may have heard of him. My brother went to his shop one day to get a custom one, and ended up buying this one that was already made. He later went and got a completely custom one made to his liking and sent this one home to me as a gift.

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1808.jpg

IMG_1817.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

Hey Mo Jopops when your done building ur desk do a work log. I was lookin at building myself a desk just dont know where to start.

Does that maudio have keys like a piano or not as heavy? Because u say semi weighted so are they lighter than a piano?

yes... cars bikes, anything that goes fast. You'll notice one of my rx-7 Turbo II wheels over behind my box. I'll find a pic of it...

87 turbo II s5 swap, now waiting on me to rebuild the 13b, ordering parts from Atkins soon... hopefully. Theres a lot of money in the car and it ran really good until boost spiked while racing a C5... water seals have been on the way out.

Photo_053108_001.jpg

Nice, here is my baby. 1990 NA, just rebuilt the 13b this summer. Sadly, she is for sale...

2644342394_d367275595_b.jpg

Sorry to go OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back