Post your workstation 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Galant, and a homemade monitor stand.
Desk-1.png

Logitech Z5500 with the faceplates removed. I like the way it looks, but I keep my plates on for fear of dust impairing the drivers or what not.

yeah that keyboard is a razor lycosa. its been playing up lately . vista won't think its plugged in but the touch pad still works..... stupid drivers!

yeah at those speakers are the z5500 with the cover off. luckly im relatively clean :0 and try to keep my stuff in good condition hahah. also found some thick MONSTER speaker cable and shoved them in. looks nice but does jack all. anyone thinking of changing the cables don :) unless u have crazy static in ur hosue and screws up ur speakers :)

Nice setup firefox 90!

How do you like the Griffen Powermate? I was debating on buying one myself, but 45 bucks seems lilke a lot to spend with shipping.

Also, whats the thing under your bottled water?

Here is my desk. I just got the dual monitor stand today from ebay.

desktopft9.jpg

For refrence, here was my setup at the begining of this year. Quite a nice change if I may say so myslef.

desktopfe8.jpg

I had a laptop which didn't really work, so I had to borrow an old imac from a friend to use at times. I'm much happier now (and never going back to laptops)

To everybody else, why do so many people keep their computers on their desk?

Is it just to keep dust out, or is there another reason.

Nice setup firefox 90!

How do you like the Griffen Powermate? I was debating on buying one myself, but 45 bucks seems lilke a lot to spend with shipping.

Here is my desk. I just got the dual monitor stand today from ebay.
]http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/3928/desktopft9.jpg[/img]

For refrence, here was my setup at the begining of this year. Quite a nice change if I may say so myslef.
]http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/8498/desktopfe8.jpg[/img]

I had a laptop which didn't really work, so I had to borrow an old imac from a friend to use at times. I'm much happier now (and never going back to laptops)

Pretty much for the awesome factor, at least for those of us with rigs worthy of being called awesome! :D

Nice setup firefox 90!

1. Keeps dust out
2. Easier to see drive access lights, more reassuring as you can see there's no smoke coming out, etc.
3. Easier to get in behind or inside to re-wire
4. Easier to reach drive bays when they're at eye level
5. Keeps it from being kicked or scratched
6. Looks awesome

Here's where I spend most of my time (in my work cube):

desk.jpg

Panorama shot with iPhone and stitched together with Hugin... not that shabby for a 2 minute job.

It won't get kicked, dusty, dirty, and disrespected.

Ah yes, the DDD Factor :D

@nj007...

very nice! Send me a case whiel your at it :) I am an addict of NOS, what is worse is I work for a food maket so its really easy to order a box load (around 36 tall cans)

well in a few posts above I talked about having the Tower On the desk, I jsut kicked myslef in the a** because if I put mine on my desk it looks too messy, with the amount of wires I have its already bad but, here is my updated set up.

IMG_0001.jpg

my new SteelSeries mousepad Autographed by Miou from Pro-Gaming Team SK. (won it on eBAY) :D
IMG_0008-1.jpg

b4 someone asks why I have a speaker shild missing, its becauise I can't find it...:mad:

IMG_0003-1.jpg

and my 37" Visio and 10" Polk Audio sub

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

Nice setup firefox 90!

Thanks!

I like the Griffin Powermate. My biggest use is for scrolling up and down and all of my apps as well as a back button in Firefox. I felt the same way but I found a deal for a new one on ebay for about $30 shipped I think. It is awesome for the occasional video editing too.

That is a remote lamp control for some other lights in the room.

Firefox90 beautiful setup, but can you please tell me whats the name of your desk or where can I get it? (Ikea?). Second thing where did you get that black pad beneath your keyboard and mouse?

Thanks in advance!

Firefox90 beautiful setup, but can you please tell me whats the name of your desk or where can I get it? (Ikea?). Second thing where did you get that black pad beneath your keyboard and mouse?
Thanks in advance!

Thanks!

The desk is an Ikea Galant. It is the basic L desk with one extension (where my computer sits). Just in case you are wondering, the shelf that the monitor and laptop sit on is basically an Ikea shelf and some Ikea 6" legs.

The black pad is also from Ikea. I believe they now make them with squared edges in addition to the rounded edge. It was relatively cheap, looks nice, protects the desk, and actually is a great mouse pad.

I'll be posting my new setup a little later

great setup firefox90 (btw remeber a guy from pcg named Hyde, well whats up buddy long time)

got a new setup

two systems..
right monitor is 2007fp w/ e6750 & 9800gtx
3007wfp-hc is q9450 w/ gtx 280

new imac 20 inch.. cool toy

would like to add another 2007fp..

have a lot of stuff for sale now :)

enjoy!

DSC00085.jpg

DSC00084.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

wire management.. blah blah blah.. its fine the way it is

I did some cleaning on my desk and got rid of the other one that was connected to my main desk. I also got a new Microsoft optical desktop set 4000 and I am going to be getting a new laptop soon, so, stay tuned for that. So, without further due, here is my updates setup as of today:

hpim0699lw3.jpg

I'll be posting my new setup a little later

great setup firefox90 (btw remeber a guy from pcg named Hyde, well whats up buddy long time)

Holy crap dude. I posted on there too (as Xtasyindecay), and I remember you... its been a little while! That shit got folded into Gamesradar you know....

@ Firefox90 - Wad up. I see you still have the same machine.

got a new setup

two systems..
right monitor is 2007fp w/ e6750 & 9800gtx
3007wfp-hc is q9450 w/ gtx 280

new imac 20 inch.. cool toy

would like to add another 2007fp..

have a lot of stuff for sale now :)

enjoy!

DSC00083.jpg

wire management.. blah blah blah.. its fine the way it is
jacob you have the q9450 processor, same one i am thinking about buying.
i have now the e6700 cpu. how is your q9450 performance compared to your e6750?

well in a few posts above I talked about having the Tower On the desk, I jsut kicked myslef in the a** because if I put mine on my desk it looks too messy, with the amount of wires I have its already bad but, here is my updated set up.

]http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll249/igamerz/IMG_0001.jpg[/IMG]

my new SteelSeries mousepad Autographed by Miou from Pro-Gaming Team SK. (won it on eBAY) :D
]http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll249/igamerz/IMG_0008-1.jpg[/IMG]

b4 someone asks why I have a speaker shild missing, its becauise I can't find it...:mad:

]http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll249/igamerz/IMG_0003-1.jpg[/IMG]

and my 37" Visio and 10" Polk Audio sub

]http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll249/igamerz/IMG_0006.jpg[/IMG]

]http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll249/igamerz/IMG_0005.jpg[/IMG]

Your mouse pad just reminded me of a shirt I have signed by coL, 3D, fnatic, few other CS players and a lot of the pro Q4ers of 2006 WSVG. The best one on the shirt is 2006 Kentucky Miss WSVG ^^ I'd almost put money on it that she would kick everyones ass on these forums at Q4 considering how long she has been playing Q3/4 and who her bf or now husband is. Man I miss those days... I wish I would have got more into the admin aspect of it when I had the chance to go do it at WSVG. And this was before the American esports scene went gay =(

very nice, I'm a casual gamer, I play a lot of CoD4, BF2, CS:S and now playing Grid, unbelievable racing game, I am really picky about my racing games, some are super crappy, but Grid is absolutely incredible, best grpahics I have ever seen, adn it pulls you in the game which is a feat by itself.

Sory for getting sidetracked, but yea I wish I had gotten more into the pro gaming industry, but I've lost my touch in several FPS games. :(

I honestly don't see a huge difference, I haven't done a ton of encoding or anything like that with it yet, but it seems about the same as before with gaming performance and the like.

Your mouse pad just reminded me of a shirt I have signed by coL, 3D, fnatic, few other CS players and a lot of the pro Q4ers of 2006 WSVG. The best one on the shirt is 2006 Kentucky Miss WSVG ^^ I'd almost put money on it that she would kick everyones ass on these forums at Q4 considering how long she has been playing Q3/4 and who her bf or now husband is. Man I miss those days... I wish I would have got more into the admin aspect of it when I had the chance to go do it at WSVG. And this was before the American esports scene went gay =(

Tell me about it. I quit competitive play after cod2 and everything got gay with CGS.

I figured I would post the old gaming setup for the PCG guys. :cool: A lot less flashy than the day-to-day setup in the office.

Finally finished that mod too. Sorry for the crappy quality. Just quick pics in a dark basement.

DSC_2936.jpg

Forgot to rotate and Photobucket editing isn't working so.
DSC_2937.jpg

jacob you have the q9450 processor, same one i am thinking about buying.
i have now the e6700 cpu. how is your q9450 performance compared to your e6750?

I ironically sold my E6750 a few months after I bought it when I upgraded to a Q9450. I have to say that it is a nice upgrade with Vista Ultimate 64bit. I was able to get 3.6Ghz stable in a quad 45nm chip versus the 65nm, and much more L2 Cache. So I would recomend the upgrade to anyone.

Some people say "not too many programs out there utilize the quad core's yet", however most of "those" people dont realize that the OS's have had the capacity to use multi-core proc's for many years now and though a certain program my not "use" all cores, the OS does and can send traffic to the least used cores and manages it well. So will you see a major difference between the E6750 vs the Q9450? It alll depends on how you use your PC, how many things you got runnign at once, etc.

Nice wallpaper JacobC1983 - I have the same on my machine...........

How is that GTX 280 working out? Damn technology, my 9800GX2's have been de-throned...........*cry's*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back