Post your workstation 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here is my setup as of today. I just got a new pc, and the specs are in the sig

hpim0676fy1.jpg

as you've seen my old pictures (server was changed so my pictures weren't displayed on the first page.)
dsc00452ve5.jpg

dsc00460jw0.jpg

i've decided to redo my room and i'm given a better space (chair is removed in the pictures.)
dsc00559pt2.jpg

dsc00560kn1.jpg

the blue thing is a futon. behind me is a some narrow walking space and a walk-in closet, on my right is just a door.

i'll be uploading extra pictures of my room at night.

edit-
another picture at night (with blue CCFL's)
dsc00563ow1.jpg

@ Spartan1000 -

Thanks! I "borrowed" it from a concert they were sponsoring. They were handing out free drinks the whole time too, I got SO HYPER it was ridiculous. :D

@ iGamer -

Those are just leftovers of all the fans I've tried lol. I'm kind of a silence freak, so I've gone through quite a few fans over the years looking for ones that will offer the best cfm while remaining completely silent. I've got some UV cooler masters up there, some arctic cooling fans, and the leftover stock Lian Li fans that came with my case, among others. I just never know what to do with them once I'm done, so I just keep them up there.

scrawnypaleguy, we have something in common. black ikea jerker and black whitmor shelves.

lol, i'm going to buy more shelves to replace the wooden shelves (can be seen the pictures.) yeah, i need more storage since i'm an industrial design major and i have so many art supplies (you can see boxes.)

did a little remodeling not much,

06020821251ak1.jpg

my work bench - crappy 17" Dell VGA monitor

06020821252ve3.jpg

bins of computer cables and parts, all my software, my canon ip90, old Linksys router

06020821253hc0.jpg

my mini fridge (holds 2 cans of soda, picked it up at a yard sale for $1), another bin of computer parts, My "Sandbox" (Test Machine, Pentium III 866 Mhz, 1024 mb SD Ram, GeForce 5700 LE, Windows XP and WIndows Server 2003)

67882320jg0.jpg

have some major upgrades coming including a new entertainment center, new monitor, new bureau and a leather couch

Bill Money, I need an orginization method liek you for all my parts! :)

Also, for your dually setup, what model #'s are those Dells?

just picked up a bunch of bins from staples

now the monitors

my main setup:
Sony sdm-hs959 ($100 at staples when i worked there cause it was store used then didnt need it anymore)
Dell 1907fp

the 17 piece of crap:
e173fpb

the 19 dell is gonna be replaced by a 22" acer which will go where the sony is, the sony will become my second monitor and the 19" dell will replace the 17" dell (which will go to the closet)

lots of nice sets ups here, i will put mine up when my i can find my battery to my digital camera

@Patchwork Neurology

no its actually gonna be used elsewhere not entirely sure on how or where but I may look into a 3 monitor setup with both 19s and a 22 or im looking at finding a mac mini so i'll need my monitor sorry man

jessicaworkstationll4.jpg

work/research computer, primarily used by my wife working on her master's thesis. (and yes that is a chuck norris action figure on the top of the desk next to a Mr. T action figure)

htpccl5.jpg

HTPC, primarily used by me for gaming

panorama of all the toys in my wifes old office, not a spare bedroom/place to relax, mostly GI Joes, and 1/64th scale cars, click for full size

toysxk7.jpg

more toys in the room that the work/research workstation is in. Mostly transformers

panorama of all the toys in my wifes old office, not a spare bedroom/place to relax, mostly GI Joes, and 1/64th scale cars, click for full size

I'd really like to have that Initial D Sileighty toy.

Anyway, I would never leave that room. You have some very nice things.

ceniak, I'm just nosy and board, but what is that on the whiteboard like a cleaning schedule?

^^ I want a desk with more depth and more leg room. Other than that my current desk is fine. I'll probably keep the current desk for building rigs on when I get the new one.

Welcome. . . to my setup :D
RoomSetup002.jpg

First stop, the desk;
RoomSetup003.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

RoomSetup004.jpg

RoomSetup005.jpg

Next, the nook;
IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

The media center;
IMG_0221.jpg

RoomSetup007.jpg

RoomSetup008.jpg

a small step to the past;
IMG_0148.jpg

and finally, storage;
RoomSetup006.jpg

u mean a realy great setup

Great idea of that keyboard on the wall...is it hot in hte room when the pc's are running?:D

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/460/htpccl5.jpg[/img]
HTPC, primarily used by me for gaming
more toys in the room that the work/research workstation is in. Mostly transformers

What is that stand with the PS3 controllers on it?

haha I dig the pics of the pc next to Angelina. :D that background of Angelina Jolie is looking extra hot for some reason. (alway thought she was the hottest in Hackers though)

I also like the screen that extends over the bed!

I'd really like to have that Initial D Sileighty toy.

Anyway, I would never leave that room. You have some very nice things.

thanks, i wish i could find the rest of the initial D 1/64th cars but i don't think they make them anymore

ceniak, I'm just nosy and board, but what is that on the whiteboard like a cleaning schedule?

i think so, my wife is extreamly organized, it may also be stuff for her to do for her thesis

ceniak, what desk is the one in your office?

not sure, i have had it for like 5 years or so. i got it at biglots my 3rd year of college. but i love it. it has served me well, lol

What is that stand with the PS3 controllers on it?

it is i believe a nyko recharging station (i will have to look when i get home, i am about 2 hours away at my mom's house right now)

From left to right, there's a 17" Samsung LCD, a 22" Acer LCD, and a 20" Princeton LCD. The 22" and 20" are connected to my desktop through DVI to my GeForce 8800GTX. The 17" is used with my benchmarking rig, or my server as needed. Below the monitors are my MacBook, G15 Keyboard, and Logitech G5 and MX510 mice.
desktop.jpg

The one on the bottom is my desktop, featuring a Core2Quad Q6600 CPU, 4GB of RAM, a GeForce 8800GTX video card, two 36GB Raptors, and about 400GB between three other drives. Above it is my benchmarking rig, which has an AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core CPU, 2GB of RAM, a 250GB hard dive, and an AMD Radeon HD3870 video card.
towers.jpg

Extra parts
products.jpg

Not posting my TV until I upgrade to HD. Also missing are two other PCs and my server. =D

haha I dig the pics of the pc next to Angelina. :D that background of Angelina Jolie is looking extra hot for some reason. (alway thought she was the hottest in Hackers though)

I also like the screen that extends over the bed!

Thanks magnetik, yea I really dig your setup, its like a merger of my desk and media center!! :p Just plop my 32 inch westy on my desk, put both my monitors on arms and try to find room for the consoles, speakers, and other toys . . .gotta love the jerker :cool:

From left to right, there's a 17" Samsung LCD, a 22" Acer LCD, and a 20" Princeton LCD. The 22" and 20" are connected to my desktop through DVI to my GeForce 8800GTX. The 17" is used with my benchmarking rig, or my server as needed. Below the monitors are my MacBook, G15 Keyboard, and Logitech G5 and MX510 mice.
[im]http://www.obsidianprofile.com/workstation/desktop.jpg[/img]

The one on the bottom is my desktop, featuring a Core2Quad Q6600 CPU, 4GB of RAM, a GeForce 8800GTX video card, two 36GB Raptors, and about 400GB between three other drives. Above it is my benchmarking rig, which has an AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core CPU, 2GB of RAM, a 250GB hard dive, and an AMD Radeon HD3870 video card.
towers.jpg

Extra parts
[im]http://www.obsidianprofile.com/workstation/products.jpg[/img]

Not posting my TV until I upgrade to HD. Also missing are two other PCs and my server. =D
Nice Thermaltake M9 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back