Post your workstation 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dell 3007 and a Viewsonic 20.1" Gotta love internet, tv, and mIRC all in one window with plenty of room!

2qd7qmv.jpg

iGamer, my dad is probably getting the same case as me, can't have any door on a case(it's a hassle), unless it's the Cosmos. Good for you to make your Tt case look good and that you like it. Heck, I'm not that picky with cases....nowadays(Antec 300/900, CM 590/690/Cosmos good for me), I just prefer doorless and no window.

Soul Assassin, nice work setup.

Some people work at home and have an office set up inside their house, KissofDeath was wondering if this was the case or if it was elsewhere, like at "work".

Sorry guys, I can't really recall the exact name of the table and bed! I know it's part of some series of furnitures that you can complete.

Here is another shot I took right before I posted this message.

might be a strange 1st post :p but the bed looks like the Laguna series bed from walmart

Here is my setup for 2008..

Intel C2Q 6700
Intel 975BX2 Extreme
4GB DDRII 800
8800GTS 640Mb
2x160Gb Seagate in Raid 1
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit
2x22" Benq FP222W
Logitech Ultra-Flat keyboard
Logitech G9

What desk setup is that? I like the 2 tier setup on the right.

A cheapie from Staples. It is normally $90, but I got it for $50 with free shipping since it was on sale. It also comes in the maple color. http://www.staples.com/office/suppl...lection_148340_Business_Supplies_10051_SEARCH

As you may notice, I changed it so the long side is on the left and not the right and I moved the shelf to maximize the amount of space I have. Overall, I haven't noticed any sagging or "falling apart when moved" as described in some of the customer reviews and I've been using it for several months now.

As you may notice, I changed it so the long side is on the left and not the right and I moved the shelf to maximize the amount of space I have. Overall, I haven't noticed any sagging or "falling apart when moved" as described in some of the customer reviews and I've been using it for several months now.

I have been considering this desk. I never knew you could change it around like that. There was always the issue of fitting it. No longer! I do like it, and the build quality looks fine to me. I may consider purchasing it now. Thanks man.

I have been considering this desk. I never knew you could change it around like that. There was always the issue of fitting it. No longer! I do like it, and the build quality looks fine to me. I may consider purchasing it now. Thanks man.

You will have to modify it yourself as the desk originally only comes as shown on Staples. It is very simple, though. Build quality is nothing spectacular, but gets the job done.

Well many things have changed since my last post, so I figured I would post some updated pics of the rig...................

I have added a Q9450 (obviously cant see that), changed out all fans (high CFM 72-94, low DB 17-19dba) fans, changed out CPU cooler for the ZEROTherm, added 2 - 1250Va Belkin UPS's, etc. I also changed out the 800Mhz OCZ Reaper RAM I had with OCZ SLI 1066Mhz RAM. The other thing I have done is added a WD Raptor 74GB to my other one, set up a RAID 0 for the OS's, set up a dual boot between Vista Ultimate 64 Bit and XP Pro, split the RAID 0 drives so I could load both OS's on it, then installed my other 2 - 300GB drives as data drives.

I really like your setup, looks great!

Magnetik, I think I remember being jealous of your setup before.... :)
haha his setup inspired me. i have a westy 37w3se and jerker desk too :). well 3 jerker desks :D

i saw the jerker before i ever knew of hardforum though ;)
i can't wait to post pics of my triple monitor setup. just waiting on funds for 2 monitor arms :)

The monitor stand is an Ergotron LX, which you can find on buy.com in silver or black. The lamp is a Luxo/Ledu fluorescent/incandescent swing arm desk-clamp lamp. You should be able to find the lcd arm for around $110 (it's excellent, by the way) and the lamp for around $90.

haha his setup inspired me. i have a westy 37w3se and jerker desk too :). well 3 jerker desks :D

i saw the jerker before i ever knew of hardforum though ;)
i can't wait to post pics of my triple monitor setup. just waiting on funds for 2 monitor arms :)

you definitely have to post it. I like to see peoples Jerker layouts. I am glad I bought a few extra side stands before I moved from Chicago cause there isn't an Ikea near me now. I also heard they quit selling the Jerker but they prob are just redesigning them.

I now have monitors on extra stands so I can move my Slingbox window to any one of them. It now looks like the command station from the Deathstar. :p I also ordered the Netflix box to display on the other monitor and moved my modded xbox, 360, and wii onto the Jerker. got to post pics soon.

can it be that i see there a Alienware background and mousepad? :D

hehe yeah.. I liked the background and stole the mousepad from my bro with an Alienware laptop. :)

here are some updated pics... (who says you have to be a console fanboy? :p)

P1010120.jpg

P1010140.jpg

P1010151.jpg

P1010159.jpg

P1010165.jpg

bought this piano black cooler master over 10 years ago!
P1010163.jpg

Magnetik, I spy a Pioneer Elite receiver and KRK studio monitors. You sir. Rock.

don't use the Elite that much anymore since I am now running active monitors.. just couldn't convince myself to get rid of it just yet. :)

Just moved into a slum where I'm staying until september 1st when I move into a really nice flat. No space for a desk, so my setup is sat on stools next to the bed. Hardly ideal, but hopefully I'm going to get a job & I won't have to spend too much time in here.

imgp1201.jpg

imgp1205.jpg

Internet connection here is utter shite too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back