• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Post your workstation 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if it says it is underneath a garage, the logical conclusion would be that you park cars in a garage, thus a car would be parked above his head.

In Austin, Texas (where I live) its actually somewhat rare to find someone who parks their car in their garage. I would estimate that 90% of people park in their driveway (or on the street in front of their house when they have more than 2 cars).

I know one friend who's parents park in their garage and that's because his dad designed the house to actually fit something bigger than a Honda (he drives a Chevy full-size pickup).

Other than that, everyone I've met usually falls in the 90%.
This ratio hold up in the Central, North, Northwest and West areas of Austin (haven't really been around the rest of it), as well as Round Rock and Pflugerville.

The garage in my house is a storage area for crap, my nitro RC car, our power tools, and random junk.
 
In Michigan, the weather sucks, so most people like to put their cars in the garage, especially for those 20in snow storms. Lucky Texans. :) (well, besides your random softball sized hail, lol)
 
In Michigan, the weather sucks, so most people like to put their cars in the garage, especially for those 20in snow storms. Lucky Texans. :) (well, besides your random softball sized hail, lol)

The weather here is wierd now. Hurricane Katrina only made it worse. Our winter now starts in december/january and lasts till like march (thats roughly how it was last year).
I don't know if its global warming or something else....

In 2006 I was able to go outside in shorts because it was like 70ish degrees outside.
Its 76 right now according to one of the local news stations.
Oy.... It'll be months till I can grow my Jolokia peppers.....
 
Cleaned up today !
cimg6058qt23.jpg

cimg6056yv2n.jpg
 
I'm actually in California. House was built in the late 50s. This was my first encounter with knob and tube. But that is not the worst of this house. 200+ feet of orangeburg pipe was the biggest nightmare.

Hate that stuff, my brother has the ole Cast iron. We replaced it already with PVC. I work wireless here in southern Missouri and constantly see houses that are a hundred years or older. Seen square nails, old wood planks from packing crates for slats, and stone foundations. I am impressed that you undermined the house and supported the garage, the frame work is pretty stout too.
 
Finally managed to get some pictures of my temporary setup:
PHP:
[IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w39/Superbob102000/DSC_0003.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w39/Superbob102000/DSC_0006.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w39/Superbob102000/DSC_0004.jpg[/IMG]

I have the same Compaq laptop. It's specs are on the low side but I got it for $350 on clearance at Best Buy a year ago and I love it. Its actually well built for a Compaq and can do anything I want it to besides heavy gaming.
 
Since I've been having a pretty good year, I decided to upgrade my workstation.

Although similar spec to the one its replacing, man is this one fast!

Specs:
Dual 5450 Xeons @ 3GHz 1333 FSB
8G kingston ECC DDR2
SuperMicro X7DWA mobo
Radeon 4870 512M video
ASUS Xonar D2 sound
4x 1T Seagate in RAID10 w/ 3Ware 9650 controller
LG "SuperMultiBlue" optical
Epson R1900 photoprinter



work08-1.jpg


work08-2.jpg


work08-3.jpg


work08-4.jpg



But the really fun part is what I attached to that Xonar:
PS Audio Digital Link III Digital to Analog converter
PS Audio Trio-A100 Power Amplifier (300W/ch@4ohms)
and a pair of Onix Mini Stratas

work08-5.jpg


work08-6.jpg


work08-7.jpg
 
Since I've been having a pretty good year, I decided to upgrade my workstation.

Although similar spec to the one its replacing, man is this one fast!

Specs:
Dual 5450 Xeons @ 3GHz 1333 FSB
8G kingston ECC DDR2
SuperMicro X7DWA mobo
Radeon 4870 512M video
ASUS Xonar D2 sound
4x 1T Seagate in RAID10 w/ 3Ware 9650 controller
LG "SuperMultiBlue" optical
Epson R1900 photoprinter





But the really fun part is what I attached to that Xonar:
PS Audio Digital Link III Digital to Analog converter
PS Audio Trio-A100 Power Amplifier (300W/ch@4ohms)
and a pair of Onix Mini Stratas

do you mind? you're making my Meridian dsp5000s' jealous LOL
 
I like it but my DVI input works intermittently.

@ SC385 - I like it a lot actually as a modem/bring to school laptop.
@ Lames - It's an LP3065c.

Thats actually what mine does. I thought it was my video cards and RMAed them to XFX and they torture testedthem for a solid 48 hours and they never failed. Mine will work during boot up but once it loads into windows and gets the higher res *No Input*. Oh well, its only a secondary monitor now.
 
Update:

Just got a new dual monitor mount this week. Let me know whatcha think...

IMG_0482.jpg


IMG_0504.jpg


IMG_0505.jpg



Before:

IMG_0399.jpg
 
vmzxg2.jpg


2w6goc9.jpg


14d3w3o.jpg


ouqwpl.jpg


foq2v8.jpg


24" Westinghouse L2410NM LCD
Swans m10 Speakers w/ ghetto game speaker stands
JVC HA-RX700 Stereo headphones
CoolerMaster RC 690 Case
Microsoft Habu Mouse + Steelseries i-2 Glass mousepad (aka icemat)
Logitech S-510 Keyboard
Ikea Fredrik Desk

= awesome

I notice a lot of people don't use the cable management thing on the fredriks/jerkers. o_O
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top