Post your workstation 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
p203157592-4.jpg
Couple of questions...

1) What's the stand the printer's sitting on?
2) What's that bookshelf on the left?

Work on the right and play on the left.

Workstation: MacBook Pro, 24" LG monitor.

Playstation: 8-core MacPro, 16GB RAM. 6x Definitive SM450, 16-channel amp, 5.1 Harmon Kardon, Klipsch sub.

workstation.jpg

Click here in case you're wondering what on earth that science project is.

that virtual organ is awesome. are those your videos you linked to on youtube? i couldn't tell since the setup is a little different looking, but it could be a past setup or something. must be pretty sweet to play on though.

Got my new dell 30 incher the other day.
IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

Comparing it to a can of monster,bottle of coke and my iphone 3g.

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

DSCF5838.jpg

DSCF5858.jpg

1.jpg

Sorry for the bad panorama
Computer Specs

Thermaltake Armor w/ Liquid Cooled System
eVGA nForce 780i SLI ATX Motherboard
Seagate 500GB 7200.11 32MB SATA II
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400(Wolfdale) 3.00GHz 6MB Cache
OCZ 700@ GameXStream Power Supply
XFX GeFOrce 9800GTX Black Edition 512Mb 760MHz
Crucial Ballistix 2GB PC2-1066 Kit BLUE LED
Samsung SH-S223F 22x DVDRW SATA (OEM)

Temp

CPU - 43/idle<<>>53/full load
GPU - 51/idle
HDD - 31/idle
Mobo - 41

3dMark06

3dMark Score: 13083
SM2.0 Score: 6035
HDR/SMR3.0 Score: 6348
CPU Score: 2788

2ey82ft.jpg

My cables are a friking mess - 5 things with power bricks and 4 with big plugs plus like 10 USB cables

Main screen is a Samsung LN32A550 and the secondary is a Dell 19" Ultrasharp which is pretty much there just for email, media player and a secondary monitor for Lightroom browsing.

http://i35.tinypic.com/2ey82ft.jpg

My cables are a friking mess - 5 things with power bricks and 4 with big plugs plus like 10 USB cables

Main screen is a Samsung LN32A550 and the secondary is a Dell 19" Ultrasharp which is pretty much there just for email, media player and a secondary monitor for Lightroom browsing.[/QUOTE]

How come your screens both look like their backlight went out?

sry for loads of pics. but i finally got a chance to clean my comp up and add the little touches :) hope u like it

IMG_2665.jpg

IMG_2668.jpg

IMG_2667.jpg

IMG_2661.jpg

IMG_2658.jpg

i used fishing line to support my heatsink

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2652.jpg

IMG_2649.jpg

IMG_2647.jpg

IMG_2644.jpg

IMG_2641.jpg

IMG_2632.jpg

also did aliitle lapping on my heatsink
IMG_2626.jpg

IMG_2607.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

illuminate said:
Where is your other speaker?

nice setup! I love that desk (same with you Nick_leo )
My other speaker is on my sub behind the monitor to the right. I also have 2 other Sony floor speakers, then my cabinet is in my closet.

One thing to say to MzL

Dont ever, Dont ever...............wait so long to post pictures again. :D Nice work on the case. Are you using the fishing line, cause heatsink is putting too much stress on the motherboard. Or are you just being cautious, and taking preventive measures.

One thing to say to MzL

Dont ever, Dont ever...............wait so long to post pictures again. :D Nice work on the case. Are you using the fishing line, cause heatsink is putting too much stress on the motherboard. Or are you just being cautious, and taking preventive measures.

lol. when i put the heatsink i put a spiritlevel in and its totaly not straight. and im guessing this fishing line will do the trick, (after seeing other guys use massive brackets ,which looked ugly).

mainly being cautious. i didn't see no temp difference if i did it or not

Does my station at work count? I guess it is more technically a workstation that anything else! :)

work.jpg

Firefox 90, I got the same speakers as you...The first time I've seen someone else with them. I love them.

cimg3913av8.jpg

cimg3912yz1.jpg

cimg3915be4.jpg

The NEC is my TV and server, the Gateway FX I just got to replace my NX860XL. I take it home with me on breaks since I cant drag my desktop onto the plane. The 204B was my old LCD, was going to get rid of it however I was studying for my midterm and was using it to read my notes since it is all on my tablet which I keep in my keyboard tray.

Also I am a big fan of anime ;)

that virtual organ is awesome. are those your videos you linked to on youtube? i couldn't tell since the setup is a little different looking, but it could be a past setup or something. must be pretty sweet to play on though.
Yes, that's me playing - I had just finished making upgrades before I took that picture.

1.JPG

2.JPG

this is generally about how clean my desk is. add some trace and some markers if i'm in the middle of a project or something. i hate how much space the TV takes up, but i watch it from my bed... i can't afford a flatscreen to put up on the wall like i want too... oh well, college student.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back