• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Post your workstation 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wiregeek: I really love that workstation. That rack is really nice.

Tai: Too clean for me, but it looks really nice. Where is the computer?
 


I'll clean up and take better pictures eventually... -_-

With mah new 3007WFP-HC... and the 2 Soyos...
 
consider selling those soyo's or 1 of them blaze? nice setup btw. funny how the 30 inch doesn't seem much bigger than the soyo's. must be those thick side bezel's on teh soyos :D
 
Very thick bezels -_-

I might sell off one...

And that pic makes all the screens look darker then they really are... oh well...
 
DSC_2985.jpg


Here's mine. I got my mini-fridge in so I was able to move my printer and get my laptop off my desk, much more workspace now.

P.S.-Don't worry, the amp's still not hooked up to anything!
 
Tai, is that the "GALANT Desk combination left half-round" from Ikea?

Yeah, it appears to be big because of the angle and the lens that I use.

The poster above is correct, the computer is under my desk.
 
@ThatLinuxGuy: VIVA LA MESSY WORKSTATION.

@luddha: Thank you! A four post cabinet is a very handy thing to have. If you rackmount something, it generally doesn't _go_ _anywhere_.

Now I just wish I could find a use for that 2u rackmount case my workstation is sitting on. It may become modbait, if I can find a replacement shelf (the 5u case is my fileserver, Tarkin)
 
What LCD stand are you using to hold all 3 LCD monitors?

It is a ergotron
you can find it on the egg =]



btw...
update coming soon
2x gaming rigs almost fixed and ready to go
media centers almost built too
server is installing
and new monitors arrived :p
sig below has some details..
 
It looks like you've taken the Jeff Bezos approach to office furniture! If I'm not mistaken, your desk surface looks like a door?

Get a grip on the clutter before moving on...take it from one with experience, it doesn't just magically disappear once you get more space. Then, you just have more space to make a mess out of.



Here's the pic of my workstation when I got home last night and fired up.

Before.jpg



And here's the pic after I unboxed the new monitors and setup.. the pic doesn't do these things justice, it really doesn't.

After1.jpg



The monitors in question are KDS 26" 1900x1200 beasties. The projector is a Viewsonic 1024x768 unit, ceiling mounted. The receiver is an Onkyo unit pushing 100w/channel into Sony front and center channels, and no-name satellites (on back wall), and line-level audio into a 350w 12" powered sub (hand built).

The rig is a Core 2 Duo Wolfdale core @ 3.0ghz, 4gb of ddr2-1066 (G.Skill) on an Asus P5E-SLI, GeForce 8800 GTS/640, in an unmodded Lian Li. The Wii is also unmodded ; ) Not running are a DVD player and modded Xbox patched through the projector


The mess is mine, and is going to exist until I can get out of a single room and into an actual house or apartment.
 
UPDATED DA PC :D Fixing to drop in a Q9450 tomorrow, but it wont "look" any different.............



Antec P190+1200 Case
EVGA nForce 780i
Antec 650w+550w Dual PSU
Intel E6600 DC2D 2.4Ghz/Zalman CNPS9500LED HS&F (OC'd @ 3.1Ghz)
4GB OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 REAPER Enhanced Bandwidth 4-3-3-15 @ 2T
(3) 300GB WD SATA
(2) EVGA 9800GX2 1024MB Dual GPU cards in SLI
HANNS-G 28" 3ms Widescreen 1920x1600
X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion
Logitech z-5300e & Razer Baracuda HP-1 Headphones
Razer Tarantula
Razer Lachesis
Razer eXactMat/Wrist pad
Windows Vista Ultimate

I love this one how does the dual psu work?
 
I believe that dual psu setup comes with that case.

If you wanted to do this yourself, you probably would need to split at least one wire out of the first 24-pin plug and into the second one (which is otherwise not connected to anything)
 
Yea, pretty sure those cases come with the adapters...

I don't really see the point to be honest... but I think that was a special deal where you got 650 + 550 watt PSU's or something like that and the case for really cheap...
 
The clean setups are nice, but the messy ones are more interesting imo. They portray more character and actual use.

I agree, though I think there's a difference in posting pictures. Some people usually have messy setups (Like me) and I clean it up before I post it up. It just depends on the person, either way all of us are very similar. ;)
 
It looks like you've taken the Jeff Bezos approach to office furniture! If I'm not mistaken, your desk surface looks like a door?

Get a grip on the clutter before moving on...take it from one with experience, it doesn't just magically disappear once you get more space. Then, you just have more space to make a mess out of.

Actually, it's 2x10, with the outermost plank being 2x12. 1/4" gaps between planks were intended to allow for cable management, but they should have been 1/2".

I'm eyeballing a place that will allow me to have a workbench, a computer room, and an 'office' desk - instead of having to do all of those plus storage out of the same area.
 
Hey guys,

Painted the office and thought I would share some pics..


3 30" HP LP3065's , The 26" LCD up top is for my home surveillance and TV
p53460753-4.jpg


p203157592-4.jpg
 
dam you ModBoyzz and your kickass setup!

Actually the best thing in that whole room . . . Jessica Alba in the poster! ;)

Although, if you've got a Canon 40D/5D/whatever with a 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS and an 580EX II sitting on the desk behind you unused . . . what the heck did you take the photo with?????? Must be a new 5D mk II?

Edit: finally, I have justification to get another LP3065 and can show the wife these photos and say that I've actually got SOME sense of self control :)

Edit after the edit: right after this post, I found your F/S/T thread on FM - small world. Too bad I missed that 430ex you sold, I needed it. What else are you selling?
 
Actually the best thing in that whole room . . . Jessica Alba in the poster! ;)

Although, if you've got a Canon 40D/5D/whatever with a 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS and an 580EX II sitting on the desk behind you unused . . . what the heck did you take the photo with?????? Must be a new 5D mk II?

Edit: finally, I have justification to get another LP3065 and can show the wife these photos and say that I've actually got SOME sense of self control :)

Edit after the edit: right after this post, I found your F/S/T thread on FM - small world. Too bad I missed that 430ex you sold, I needed it. What else are you selling?

Wow, small world indeed. On the desk behind me is a 40D Gripped + 100-400 L + 580EX (which I use for wildlife/birding). I used a 5D + 17-40L to take the shots. I might be selling some more gear, feel free to send me an IM, PM or email.
 
Hey guys,

Painted the office and thought I would share some pics..


3 30" HP LP3065's , The 26" LCD up top is for my home surveillance and TV
http://modboyzz.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p53460753-4.jpg

[IMG]http://modboyzz.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p203157592-4.jpg[/QUOTE]

wow man love your setup and the colour of the room. Just gives it the extra touch for a true mans computer room. haha
 
"Actual use" doesn't require you to be a slob. I'm a neat freak and an organization nut. My desk is always clean!
 
Finally got broadband connected at the new flat (a mere 5 weeks after the move-in) & thought I'd treat you all to a messy panorama;

bedroom_october_2008_small.jpg


Larger version (1920*xxx) here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top