Post your workstation 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm consolidating my home theater/PC into one unit since I spend 90% of my entertainment time (and work) on the PC.
  • Added a center speaker in that unusual but very effective setup.
  • Connected the HD/Digital/DVR cable box to the receiver and LCD (Diablo 3 video playing for the 50th time :D).
  • Said bye-bye to my MacBook Pro :(
  • Coming soon: 30" LCD, 4870x2, 13.3" laptop

My desk is a freakin mess right now, mainly cus I don't know where to put anything... Any ideas are welcome.
P7040073.jpg

_
P7040074.jpg

_

P7040075.jpg

Nice. I have the same desk at home and love it. I just wish I had room for it while I'm living with my brother.

Guys... i have finally found the perfect desk!!! Here are some pictures!!

Not quite a night shot, ill get one later.. but a dark shot

052.jpg

054.jpg

side
055.jpg

close
057.jpg

058.jpg

comments? suggestions?

that is where the problem is. I live in Korea, went to the local store, saw it.. i dont know the name... got it at E-mart.. and it was $65.00. Does that help? lol

illuminate... I love it! I love the curve of it. Looks like you get a good amount of usable space for the price.

My desk is a freakin mess right now, mainly cus I don't know where to put anything... Any ideas are welcome.

_

_

P7040075.jpg

I have that exact receiver. It was my dad's, I just bought it off my brother. That thing is a good 20+ years old and man, it still is a quality receiver.

That thing is a classic in my family, we've been using it since like 1985 and its been passed down from my dad to my brother to me now.

I'm consolidating my home theater/PC into one unit since I spend 90% of my entertainment time (and work) on the PC.
  • Added a center speaker in that unusual but very effective setup.
  • Connected the HD/Digital/DVR cable box to the receiver and LCD (Diablo 3 video playing for the 50th time :D).
  • Said bye-bye to my MacBook Pro :(
  • Coming soon: 30" LCD, 4870x2, 13.3" laptop

Diablo 3 demo video FTW! Nice setup :)

I have that exact receiver. It was my dad's, I just bought it off my brother. That thing is a good 20+ years old and man, it still is a quality receiver.

That thing is a classic in my family, we've been using it since like 1985 and its been passed down from my dad to my brother to me now.
Totally agree! Those vintage stereo receivers were built like tanks and with a quality level not seen much these days. I've got an old Yamaha and an old Kenwood (the kind with real, wood side panels). Both receivers still look beautiful, weigh a ton and crank out some spectacular music.

yeah yeah heres mine
l_63cf0edbf664d472b62baecb0789285e.jpg

l_71f59734f055bbd8d677b7d7810e638c.jpg

l_68c5842eb7b10e213095ce0a48166ffe.jpg

I hate switching between the PS3 and pc.. lmao... involves switching the dvi chorde at the back of the monitor and plugging in the audio over.

My desk is about... 7 years old now. Has some wear and tear.

desktop_comps.jpg

The black coolermaster case is my brand new build for pretty much gaming only :D

The TV behind me hooked up to the computer on the left..

tmnonhdtv.jpg

ugg Hypertek...I have the same problem switching between ps3 and pc. O and Shame on you for the wasted 5.1 and the sub on desk. tisk tisk tisk

small change but Nothing Special been messing around with input director (similar to synergy) so moved the monitor from a second machine onto my desk and control em both with the same mouse and keyboard

small change but Nothing Special been messing around with input director (similar to synergy) so moved the monitor from a second machine onto my desk and control em both with the same mouse and keyboard

What game is are you playing on the left screen?

What game is are you playing on the left screen?

not really a game, more like 3d chat. its Second Life. I DJ at virtual "clubs" Thats whats on the CRT monitor, my broadcasting software.

I posted this in the "show your LCD setups, but I though I would post it here also.

I changed my desk around a bit today.

I drilled a hole right behind the G15 for the keyboard and moues wires, got some tubing to hide the wires for my monitors, and I replaced my desk light with a wall mounted lamp.

If only I could change the horrible paint, I would be 100% happy. (I live at home, and graduate college soon, so I don't want to paint it now, then have to paint it back in a few months).

Nice and clean now. (Although the keyboard wires kind of hit my leg, so I'll have to attach those to the bottom of the desk. I'll fix that this week.

dsc00105gb9.jpg

Please excuse the fingerprints and out of focus pictures :) Here's my new rig 2.0. I just (within the last month) acquired the Rocketfish case and the Acer Monitor. I know, I know, I wish the Acer was black too, but it was only $200 and it has HDMI (for my ps3). I think I'll probably paint the frame black one of these days. I also plan on sleaving those ugly front panel cables at some point too.

2660022342_812db1a05b_o.jpg

2659193807_296bb67904_o.jpg

2660022574_e9cb6a3998_o.jpg

Edit - Oh yeah, those are Infinity Primus speakers and Sennheiser HD555's if anyone was wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back