Post Your Workstation 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't like mustangs? Nor do I. How about something like this?
1207656284_f2cc82058a.jpg

Heavy, slow, and Chrysler. 'nuff said.

No thanks, I'd prefer this:

448333072_d8c15aef06.jpg

04-05 STi = HAWT [and fast as shit.. and DOESN'T have a freakin' glass tranny :p]... but I'd rather have a GT500 KR over it any day. Just the type of "taste" I have. :rolleyes::p

Anyway, back on topic!

Heavy, slow, and Chrysler. 'nuff said.

04-05 STi = HAWT [and fast as shit.. and DOESN'T have a freakin' glass tranny :p]... but I'd rather have a GT500 KR over it any day. Just the type of "taste" I have. :rolleyes::p

Anyway, back on topic!

ffffft. A stock 300c srt8 would beat a stock mustang.

maybe i'm asking to much but it would be REALLY nice if people wouldnt comment at all... we need 2 threads... and you just link back to the posts...I was in a forum for foobar the other day and it was JUST screenshots and it was really nice to just see images of stuff... this should be a "Gallery" w/ no comments...

just my 2 cents.

maybe i'm asking to much but it would be REALLY nice if people wouldnt comment at all... we need 2 threads... and you just link back to the posts...I was in a forum for foobar the other day and it was JUST screenshots and it was really nice to just see images of stuff... this should be a "Gallery" w/ no comments...

just my 2 cents.

BUT U JUST PUT A COMMENT!!!!! lol but yea I know, many quotes and questions are asked.

No, they'd be tied.. both in 0-60 and Quarter Mile. The SRT8 might have the Stang in the 1/4 mi by a little just because of sheer gain in horsepower, but the SRT8 weighs so much its extra power really doesn't give it the advantage.

The only camera I have is my iPhone, so these pics are lacking in quality; I'm a minimalist and dedicated wire-hider/organizer:

0000x9cf
0000ykr5

Nah, its been fine the past 100 pages allowing people to make comments and questions. Why change it now?

well i dont mean now... its 2008 eh? :)

maybe i'll start the thread... early. lol.

but its kinda annoying w/ all the freaking quoted pics... i dont wanna see the same setup 100 times. I know i'm being bitchy but ya know, i'm sure there are others out there. this thread is basically dead so i'm not considering my comments waaaay off topic hehe. :)

No, they'd be tied.. both in 0-60 and Quarter Mile. The SRT8 might have the Stang in the 1/4 mi by a little just because of sheer gain in horsepower, but the SRT8 weighs so much its extra power really doesn't give it the advantage.

Well, at least you can't say its slow. However the extra weight means the car will rock less when doing the nasty in the backseats. Do that in a mustang! Without getting cramped!

Picture024.jpg

Dual 17" LCD's on a single mount, picked them up at a pawnshop almost 2 years ago for $350

Picture025.jpg

Super LANBoy front shot

Picture026.jpg

Window shot
3.2GHz P4 w/ HyperThreading
2x200GB Seagate SATA
BFG 7300GT 512MB
2GB PC3200

Just the system I'll be using until I get my 9600 Phenom 8800GT SLI system up

here my rig at my frined house LAN party. nothign fancy. but it was great fun ;p

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

my frineds rig

IMG_0146.jpg

my rig
almost the same lol

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

Soon it will be changing drastically, ill be ditching the Dell 2007FPW, adding a 30" Samsung and 2 24", ditching the iMac, the 30" and one of the 24" will be connected to my gaming machine which is waiting to be ordered/built until i get back to school, and all three will be connected to my workstation running a pair of 7900gts an e6600 @ 3.2ghz w/scythe, 4gb ram, a 750gb and 2 300gb hard drivers, and a heavily modded version of Ubuntu 7.10. (Cant see it in the picture, its under the desk

Soon it will be changing drastically, ill be ditching the Dell 2007FPW, adding a 30" Samsung and 2 24", ditching the iMac, the 30" and one of the 24" will be connected to my gaming machine which is waiting to be ordered/built until i get back to school, and all three will be connected to my workstation running a pair of 7900gts an e6600 @ 3.2ghz w/scythe, 4gb ram, a 750gb and 2 300gb hard drivers, and a heavily modded version of Ubuntu 7.10. (Cant see it in the picture, its under the desk

And what is that going to cost you?

Total hardware cost for the new system + monitors is right around 11 thousand i think.. unless i hold off a couple months for Skulltrail, then about 15... but then i need to do the cooling as well, not sure what thats going to cost me, depends on how much time i have on my hands to build myself, or if im going to buy it.

oh yeah, and that 'monitor' is the new 24" aluminum iMac.. which, btw are AWESOME! But yeah, it didn't cost me anything, was a gift from a friend for doing some work for him.

Total hardware cost for the new system + monitors is right around 11 thousand i think.. unless i hold off a couple months for Skulltrail, then about 15... but then i need to do the cooling as well, not sure what thats going to cost me, depends on how much time i have on my hands to build myself, or if im going to buy it.

oh yeah, and that 'monitor' is the new 24" aluminum iMac.. which, btw are AWESOME! But yeah, it didn't cost me anything, was a gift from a friend for doing some work for him.

WOW :eek:

yeah but with a mustang gt being at 30k and a srt8 being at 40k and being made by ( i dont even want to say the name) the mini van company id take a mustang and put 10 k into it and blow the srt8 off the track for same ammount of money.

Well, at least you can't say its slow. However the extra weight means the car will rock less when doing the nasty in the backseats. Do that in a mustang! Without getting cramped!

not true cuz as u build up momentum the car being so heavy will also pick up momentum so when ur done it will be like ur riding one of these and we all know those arent fun unless.....
pirateship.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Dual 17" LCD's on a single mount, picked them up at a pawnshop almost 2 years ago for $350

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh319/jKReaper/Picture025.jpg
Super LANBoy front shot

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh319/jKReaper/Picture026.jpg
Window shot
3.2GHz P4 w/ HyperThreading
2x200GB Seagate SATA
BFG 7300GT 512MB
2GB PC3200

Just the system I'll be using until I get my 9600 Phenom 8800GT SLI system up

Badass Bloomberg monitors. I wonder how did they end up at a pawn shop. Hedge fund went bad?

Want to sell those to me?

Excessive...

Well, here is my workstation setup:

(Above): Full-view of my desk

(Above): View of my Laptop

What you see:
- HP vs17e Flat Screen Monitor
- Compaq Presario C700 Notebook PC
- Document Holder
- Speakers w/ Subwoffer
- Letter Holder
- Other things

My Specs:
- 1GB DDRII RAM
- Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (32-Bit)
- Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor
- 15.4" High-Definition Widescreen display
- 6-Cell Battery

Also, just as a little note, the laptop is hooked up to the monitor (as you can see) and I do not have two computers - just two displays :D

this has been talked to death in other threads, probably this one too already. It simply comes down to this; if you can reasonably afford it, it's not excessive.

Just remember this, "The man who dies with the most toys wins. . . but he still dies!" :D

All well and good but would you spend 11-15k on a machine that will be outdated within a certain time period ? a normal person no...

If you make like 80k a year then fine MAYBE you can drop that much but its the price of a friggin car and theres nothing that a lower costing machine wont do that the 11-15k one will.

I am all for upgrades and fast machines but I simply think that much $ is a waste unless the person building it is going to get something back from it (paid work).

JUST AN OPINION... not looking for a war.

What happened to your monitor stand?

It broke :(

Gotta get a new one. 63 bucks plus shipping thru Samsung. I'm wondering if it was a defect with that model, cause after I got it all they were selling was the 206BW or 204BW.

All well and good but would you spend 11-15k on a machine that will be outdated within a certain time period ? a normal person no...

If you make like 80k a year then fine MAYBE you can drop that much but its the price of a friggin car and theres nothing that a lower costing machine wont do that the 11-15k one will.

I am all for upgrades and fast machines but I simply think that much $ is a waste unless the person building it is going to get something back from it (paid work).

JUST AN OPINION... not looking for a war.

Like i said, nothing is excessive if you can afford it.

But you do have a point, the average person shouldnt build the same type of systems that I do.

You are wrong with one part though, depending on what parts are purchased, the higher cost system can do some things that the lower cost system cant. Especially in the how quickly it can do things. Personally, i like getting things done as quickly as possible, so i can move on to other things.

It broke :(

Gotta get a new one. 63 bucks plus shipping thru Samsung. I'm wondering if it was a defect with that model, cause after I got it all they were selling was the 206BW or 204BW.

:eek: That's expensive for a piece of plastic

Like i said, nothing is excessive if you can afford it.

But you do have a point, the average person shouldnt build the same type of systems that I do.

You are wrong with one part though, depending on what parts are purchased, the higher cost system can do some things that the lower cost system cant. Especially in the how quickly it can do things. Personally, i like getting things done as quickly as possible, so i can move on to other things.

Thats obvious that it will do things quicker but damn, is it worth the cost. I can spend maybe 6k every other year on upgrades god knows I probably spent a lil more this year on my setup but I can't push myself to spend that much. well gl with it and enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back