Post your Speaker setup PICS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got some krk rp6 g2
setup1ji7.jpg

newspeakerswithmyultasosb7.jpg

Fox_au, i would say that is one of the nicest setups.. but your lack-of-wire-management kill it. Get those wires cleaned up and you win... at least in my book

Jump start...and everyone is posting there KrKs so i will too

Biggy

I posted on this thread ages ago, and I only realise now that my old setup wasn't that good, Here is my improved setup. Well I think it's improved!! :)

My gear.

Marantz SR8001 Receiver,
XTZ 99.25's for the fronts and center,
XTZ 93WMT for the rears,
XTZ 99.12 DSP Sub, not here yet :-(

TV - Panasonic PZ800 42 inch.
Xbox 360,
PS3,
PC.

JVC HA-RX900 headphones.

My setup isn't finished, not too sure when I will get around to it. I am waiting for more funds before buying a good two seater sofa.

The pictures are really bad, sorry, You can hardly see the speakers at all, but they are there. trust me :grin:

First picture is my old setup.

room2.jpg

Now my New Setup (y)

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

And trying to show a good photo of one of the 99.25's.

IMG_0073.jpg

That's it!! comments welcome, suggestions even more welcome :)

Lol.. dude.. your setup remind me of that one commercial where the guy sits there and has the stereo blow him away in his chair..

The XTZ speakers that I have now are much bigger than the Teufel speakers I had in the first photo. The stands weren't big enough. Anyway, I sold the speakers and the stands were part of the deal.

As for my computer case, the Xclio is way better than the P180, quieter and way cooler, very easy to work with as well. In fact there is no contest, The Xclio is, in my opinion, the far superior case. I still have the P180, it is currently setup as a storage server with unraid and 10 hard disks.

and sorry about the pictures, didnt realise they were so big, just copied and pasted from another forum that I am on.

LOL itsukisama, not quite blown away yet :)

A small update with these new Tekton Design speakers. I absolutely ADORE them--perfect for my musical tastes and listening conditions.

DSC_0544_3_2%20(Large).jpg

DSC_0548_49_50%20(Large).jpg

Alrighty. I did some creative rearranging in my dorm and managed to squeeze everything in.

A piece of the TV, my wii, and Yamaha HTR-6130 Receiver:
dcfc0403wd1.jpg

Desk and one of the Infinity towers:
dcfc0401nj2.jpg

Tried to squeeze everything into the shot:
dcfc0400pk0.jpg

I apologize for the picture quality. I blame it on A) cheap camera, B) the lighting in the dorms leaves much to be desired. I have another pair of towers (you can see the corner of one in the bottom right of the last pic) made by TR. For $60, I've got nothing to complain about considering TR is a 'scam.'

I've got a pair of dt770/80ohm headphones on the way in that I'll be running off the receiver and I'm keeping my eye out for a good sub and center channel. Not sure where they'll fit in this room, nor am I sure if I could manage to keep the noise complaints down :), it is already hard enough.

There is a computer in there.. hope it counts.. and where I do most my computing and gaming.
(desks are for work)

99682863tj5in4.jpg

15075044rb5oe3.jpg

Pioneer Elite vsx-92txh
M&K LCR-750thx (3)
M&K LCR-550thx (2)
VX1250SFX THX
Sharp Aquios 46" 46d64u

computer is an e1705 with 7900gs using dvi to hdmi out
and a creative nx2 (?) usb sound card with optical out to the receiver
I need a better sound card option its bandwidth limits PCM stream to the reciever so 5.1 flacs aren't as fun as they should be.

There is a computer in there.. hope it counts.. and where I do most my computing and gaming.
(desks are for work)

Pioneer Elite vsx-92txh
M&K LCR-750thx (3)
M&K LCR-550thx (2)
VX1250SFX THX
Sharp Aquios 46" 46d64u

computer is an e1705 with 7900gs using dvi to hdmi out
and a creative nx2 (?) usb sound card with optical out to the receiver
I need a better sound card option its bandwidth limits PCM stream to the reciever so 5.1 flacs aren't as fun as they should be.

GOO! I love M&K speakers! I have their MX-105 subwoofer and it absolutely kicks ass!

Yeah, I know I need some paint and pictures - looks like a damn hospital in here. But it freaking ROCKS. Just got the Velodyne sub. The big toys are downstairs...

compdesk003sba7.jpg

Yup, RB-61's. The 81's woulda just been too dang big for the desk. It really sounds amazing with the tweaked X-Fi Ti passing through the Denon amp. That Velodyne pulled it all together. The surrounds are RB10's. Oh, and the speakers are so heavy - front heavy, the speaker's not even close to falling off - I could push it out another 4 inches - just looks really goofy in the pic. Gotta get that nice wide spread for the imaging.

FPS's can be pretty freakin immersive with the sound and on the 30"er with the lights out . I swear crap's in the room with me. Occasionally the dog will come up n nudge my arm or something and damn near put me into cardiac arrest. Good times. Hopin' F.E.A.R. 2 will deliver immersion like the first. Remember that junk years ago?

Yup, RB-61's. The 81's woulda just been too dang big for the desk. It really sounds amazing with the tweaked X-Fi Ti passing through the Denon amp. That Velodyne pulled it all together. The surrounds are RB10's. Oh, and the speakers are so heavy - front heavy, the speaker's not even close to falling off - I could push it out another 4 inches - just looks really goofy in the pic. Gotta get that nice wide spread for the imaging.

FPS's can be pretty freakin immersive with the sound and on the 30"er with the lights out . I swear crap's in the room with me. Occasionally the dog will come up n nudge my arm or something and damn near put me into cardiac arrest. Good times. Hopin' F.E.A.R. 2 will deliver immersion like the first. Remember that junk years ago?

heheh, nothing beats a kickass sound system when it comes to the "experience" in any part of the setup. :)

So a question for y'all... I am havin' trouble trying to decide on what to do about a proper center channel. In the picture is an old Klipsch THX 5.1 center channel that I'm using. It JUST fits underneath the fully height-extended 305T. Problem is the thing sounds like utter crap compared to the RB-61's. Completely different timbre sound, I mean, I know it's smaller, obviously, but the speakers themselves are very inadequate to match the mains. Obviously Kilpsh's RC-10 or RCX-4 centers would be an absolutely perfect match, timbre wise, only needing a slight bump in volume to match the RB-61's. PROBLEM is, the dang things would never fit underneath my 305T 30"er. And I think having a bigass center channel speaker in FRONT of the monitor would be totally lame and sound like crap as I sit pretty close as it is.

I mean the only thing I guess I could do is build a stand for the 30"er to raise it up (which would be way to high for a 30" LCD or get a $300 arm to give me the inch or so I need under the LCD... That'd be pretty ghey tho IMO. And not a fan of putting it on top as it would be really high up there and jack up the imaging.

Any suggestions? I mean I've almost thought of bying two Klipsch RSX-3 surrounds (on their sides) to use as "one" center channel speaker - that's if my Denon amp would handle 4ohms wired parallel...

I don't freakin' know, but FC2 and FO3 are pissing me off, acoustically.

klipsch004sgy8.jpg

EDIT: Something I didn't think of was to purchase the guts out of a RSX-3 surround from Klipsch Parts and stick 'em in the existing center's enclosure. Of course, they were never engineered for it, so it would prolly sounds like ass, but at least they would be a matching "Reference" tweeter and woofer.... Hmmmmm. Crap, nevermind - just looked at the specs and the existing crap woofer is a 3" and all the Reference stuff uses a 3 1/2" woofer.

How much time do you have on the RB-61s? I'm asking because they'll sound a bit different once broken in. Maybe you won't need the new center.

^^^^Agreed speakers need lots of time to be properly broken in ...look on Yamahas forms to see what owners say. And on a side note I cant wait to be playing some FEAR 2 in the dark with surround on.

How much time do you have on the RB-61s? I'm asking because they'll sound a bit different once broken in. Maybe you won't need the new center.

Got quite a bit of time on 'em - lots of high volume music/gaming. They're def. broken in. Good thinkin' though.

So here is my setup, PC is offscreen, but is plugged in via HIS 4670 card (HDMI) and sound is going though optical (motherboard). I noticed a drop in quality from the Soundblaster Audigy 2NX optical output (the latter died for some reason...)

Acoustic Zen Adagios (Speakers)
Quad 909 Power Amp (Amp)
Quad CD-P (CD Player/Preamp)
Roku Soundbridge
Xbox 360
Toshiba 50" DLP (720p)

I have the b&w 683s for fronts and 685s for rears.. if I was you I would upgrade to the htm61 center.. it is a very noticeable upgrade in sound quality over the 62.. I would even degrade your rears to 686s to upgrade the center to the htm61

just my two cents.. but I have had both centers and used the 685s for fronts at first until i could afford my 683s; I also think you are wasting money on the 685s for rears anyway.. I use them and they are too much just for rear speakers.. I am going to sell my 2 685s at some point and purchase 4 686s for 7.1 channel surround sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back