Post your Speaker setup PICS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, they also have more bass than all but the very largest and most expensive modern subwoofers. Going down to 12hz is a feat!

I paid $350 for them and they can absolutely take the house down!

nice deal. One of the problems I had with the monitor 5's was the tweeters being super bright for the size of the speaker, does that happen with two of those on the SRS-2's?

nice deal. One of the problems I had with the monitor 5's was the tweeters being super bright for the size of the speaker, does that happen with two of those on the SRS-2's?

Not too much but the tweets and crossovers are upgrade-able so that is sweet.

They are "Wall of Sound" speakers for real. Jeeeeeez does that sound LIVE! Is what you think when they are on. Even low level listening is entirely a wrap around effect. The sound just encloses you within the big ass sound stage.

^^^

From what I can recall, the SDA creates a "synthetic" audio soundstage by playing around with the audio output. It may surround you, but it's not true to source.

DSCN0666copy.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
nice! I like the very efficient layout. did the desk come with the shelf?

guess your going to be an architect? :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
nice! I like the very efficient layout. did the desk come with the shelf?

guess your going to be an architect? :)

Nope, desk didnt come with shelf, two minute visit to home depot and basic tools got the job done, I soo like the result :D

Yes, architect it is :cool:

very clean setup quarter. looks like you've done a good job on it all. can't go wrong with making sure you do it right

Can't really compare it to half the stuff you guys have, but I think it's decent for a broke 16yr old.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Notes
:
The walls and floor were not my choice and I need furniture + desk.
The digital camera and flash really make the receiver look like ass.
And if anyone cares the stuff is:

Yamaha Natural Sound R-3 Receiver
RCA 3-Ways - 12" Subwoofer

There you go topgun beats the piss out out of some "pc speakers" eh?

I can't wait to build my BRAND new audio room. Well, it is built. Just that it is brick walls and concrete floor blank canvas. Going to be fun treating and setting up as big a SCREEN as I can and upgrading my SRS-2 beasts to the hilt.

Some old-school Polk RT3 bookshelfs, powered by a year or two old Pioneer receiver. There is a powered Yamaha 12" sub behind the desk. Sounds leaps and bounds better then my old Klipsch ProMedia 2.1.
IMG_0003.jpg

Wow, how does that integrated amp sound? Would you recommend buying it?

How does it sound with those Paradigm Studio 60's? If I'm not mistaken?

LOL I wish it was studio 60's...

Monitor Titans v5...

Sounds great! Tubes aren't stock melody tubes...I'll get my list in a second.

More pics because I'm bored :p

APC H15 Power Conditioner

DSC00716.jpg

DSC00730.jpg

Paradigm Titan Monitor v5 w/ GLS Audio Locking Banana Plugs on Blue Jeans Cable Canare Quad speaker cable wrapped with carbon fiber techflex

DSC00721.jpg

DSC00723.jpg

Onix SP3 Integrated Tube Amplifier

DSC00725.jpg

Cambridge Audio 540C Black CD Player...I'm probably going to sell this though.

DSC00727.jpg

Yamaha V663 Black Receiver. Used a Pre/Pro...

DSC00729.jpg

Finally room shot. This will change soon as I'm moving but until then...

DSC00733.jpg

nice setup you got there Riddlinkidstoner.

i saw a very similar canare cable with techflex sleeving over at audiokarma forums, did you by any chance get the idea from there ?

and are you not happy with your cambridge cdp? or is it just the upgraditis? ;);)

Riddlinkidstoner, I would like to borrow your Paradigm speakers ... permanently. :D

Computer audio ,since I see so much computer related audio. I will add this modes subwoofer array,array that is ~40% complete. The final setup will use ten 15" drivers and ten 18" drivers.

Two 13.5"(JL Audio f133's) subs will join as well as two 15" (HSU new ULS-15's).

Here is the current state about to change this weekend when I add four more,two 15's(CSS SDX15's) and two 18's(Maelstrom-X).

Motor of a AudioPulse LMS-Ultra (king of subwoofer drivers)...

I actually saw the DIY speaker cable guide on avsforum so I decided to make some. Work great!

I wanted to upgrade my cd player to a Squeezebox or maybe another cd player. I'm not sure if I want to keep it or not unless I get a good offer for it. Dunno yet...

...maybe a little upgraditis :)

Ear, man, you are SERIOUS!

I suppose if you lived next door I would know huh? damn nice array already.

Audio,I am not taking this too seriously.Simply a little pass time. ;)

The stack will not remain as it is,this is a simplistic stack to put the sub one place. The final result will be subs placed to form a symmetric frontal array.

With this array completed I should have the highest displacement to room volume ratio in a home setup. :D

Yeah, they also have more bass than all but the very largest and most expensive modern subwoofers. Going down to 12hz is a feat!

It seems like you're fixating on the 12 Hz statistic and as I said before without knowing how many dB the speaker is down at 12 Hz, you don't know anything. You should be able to find out the -3 dB Hz rating, and I can absolutely guarantee it's not 12 Hz. Polk (and a lot of audio companies in the 80s and 90s, really, and the less reputable ones still today) had a habit of shouting the overall freq response (ie 15 Hz to 26 KHz) at the top of their lungs and muttering the +/- 3 dB response (ie 38 Hz to 20 KHz) under their breath.

Based off that, and the fact that I believe the "subwoofer" on your speakers is a passive radiator, I'd be surprised if they can go below low 30s without dipping past the - 3 dB point. That's very respectable for a speaker that doesn't have a powered driver bigger than a 6.5 (considering it's got four of them, a passive radiator, and it's the size of a small refrigerator, it better be respectable), but it's nothing compared to a powered external subwoofer. A 200 dollar X-Sub will do 28 Hz @ -3 dB.

It seems like you're fixating on the 12 Hz statistic and as I said before without knowing how many dB the speaker is down at 12 Hz, you don't know anything. You should be able to find out the -3 dB Hz rating, and I can absolutely guarantee it's not 12 Hz. Polk (and a lot audio companies in the 80s and 90s, really) had a habit of shouting the overall freq response (ie 15 Hz to 26 KHz) at the top of their lungs and muttering the +/- 3 dB response (ie 38 Hz to 20 KHz) under their breath.

Based off that, and the fact that I believe the "subwoofer" on your speakers is a passive radiator, I'd be surprised if they can go below low 30s without dipping past the - 3 dB point. That's very respectable for a speaker that doesn't have a powered driver bigger than a 6.5 (considering it's got four of them, a passive radiator, and it's the size of a small refrigerator, it better be respectable), but it's nothing compared to a powered external subwoofer. A 200 dollar X-Sub will do 28 Hz @ -3 dB.
I'm glad somebody brought that up. Following the OP's reasoning, my old Sony headphones went down to 6Hz!

um, have you heard the sda-2? I am not saying anything more about 12 until I move and get a real room for measurements BUT they do go solid to 25 at least now. This is with a complete crap setup. Complete crap. I don't care really anyway. Going to think about it after I move and have some $$ to buy proper equipment.

Respectfully, we will see what the room response is. If I am wrong, no problem. They still sound nice.

I am asking on the Polk forums what folks have got out of the SDA-2s in real life measurements. Just curious myself. I want to build a sub array anyway lol. Not like the ear (JEEBUS THAT IS SOME BASS!!) but more for sure. Twin mfw 15s would be nice too lol.

Yup, dropoff is at 25-30 hz according to stereo review. Polk actually says 16hz. I will say that they play some fine tone with bass guitars though. I can't wait to get the suckers upgraded.

Not sure I can afford twin subs anytime soon but first things first lol.

I think I got the rack at Office Depot? can't remember its been a few years.

The anime on the Bookshelf is Robotech.

Well here's mine as of a few days ago...

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

SDATPolk3.jpg

I had a hard time choosing between the Insignias and the Polks, so I just put one on A and the other on B... now I'm encapsulated in sound when running stereo mode... I like it :D

I've always liked those Insignias. They look so clean and crisp. But, i've got no money. lol

Yeah, I love how they look (and sound) but I've noticed something about glossy surfaces... someone will inevitably touch them sooner or later :mad: then you'll have to slap their hand :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back