Post your Speaker setup PICS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they were the 800 series.. I will ask him tonight.

all of it's his.. he's a 33yr old lawyer and actually lives by himself in a 7500sf home. heh His house isn't too far from Tmac's.

Damn dude... that's pimp.

Ask him if they are the 802Diamonds or the 802 regulars. From the looks of them, they look to be the regulars, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, badass rig.... if viewers here knew exactly what they were looking at, they'd be even more impressed. That's an HT rig to die for.

BTW, is that you plastered on the couch? Looks like someone is enjoying himself...

:)

Damn dude... that's pimp.

Ask him if they are the 802Diamonds or the 802 regulars. From the looks of them, they look to be the regulars, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, badass rig.... if viewers here knew exactly what they were looking at, they'd be even more impressed. That's an HT rig to die for.

BTW, is that you plastered on the couch? Looks like someone is enjoying himself...

they were the regulars.. I also think it affected the bass a little with the sub in the center / front of the room. (there wasn't a place to corner load it) the speakers did sound pretty amazing. They were able to get REAL loud w/out distorting was the one thing I remember. He had a top of the line Denon powering it all.

I am acually taking the pics.. the guy on the couch is my bro I brought down with me. heh

Sweet, mag... though it would sound better with better equipment than the Denon - but more than good enough for me.

You should hear the diamonds - similar to those in looks but revamped crossover and a diamond tweeter instead of the aluminum in that guy.

Powered by some awesome amps, preamps, and hooked to a world class source cdp. Game over.

agreed. moar pics.

this is at a buddy of mines house I went to for memorial day weekend down in Houston. I unfortunately missed taking a picture of the screen that comes down. GTAIV was great on a 165" screen. ;)

snipped the pics but LOVE B&W setups. as I have a B&W setup of my own and love it.

although I'd kill for an 800 series setup I'm running an old DM220 setup that kicks but is definitely nothing like that :)

About your speakers, disregarding the use of inferior drivers, cross-overs, and most likely interior bracing and sound dampening compared to the Sonus Fabers; not to mention that you have what looks like paper mache as speaker cabinets, positioning on those speakers is terrible. Instead of telling people to buy real stands, why don't you get a real room to put your gear in. I don't mean to come off as that harsh but I mean come on, do you just enjoy attacking other people's rigs?

Inferior drivers? I think not. I use the Adire Audio Extremis woofer which is not a Scan-Speak, but it's still low distortion and is one of the highext excursion 7" woofers ever. Of course, it compares not to the Lambda woofers I intend to use in my next project. The M4Ns are almost as good at midrange as the Peerless HDS, see http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q288/augerpro/

The XT19 is a downright DAMN GOOD tweeter, and when run in the correct frequency, will be a match for Scan-speak (same parent company, Tymphany, by the way) and Seas, etc.

Crossover? Feel free to tell me what I use for that, because it's better than anything you can buy with consumer speakers. I'll tell you the correct answer once you get it wrong. Interior bracing is great on my speakers; I won't say better than Sonus Faber, but I guarantee you it's just as good. They're damn heavy cabinets. And I fully admit that they look like crap. You got me there.

You haven't seen my whole room, so I don't know how you can say it sucks. It's a bit on the small side, yes, but that will be changing very soon. I've been living with my grandmother who died recently. My uncles have been renovating the house so they won't let me have any of my theater stuff in the living room. I am moving soon and it won't be an issue anymore.

Criticism of my setup is absolutely fine, but do us all a favor and know what you're talking about first.

To the guy who said Class A sounds better, I will tell you as I've told many people before, please take the RC Amp challenge. You can get rich if you can prove that. Also, I recommend you listen to Philips/Hypex UcD. It's nice stuff.

P.S. You guys are right about one thing: I was FAR too harsh in my posts dissing that amplifier. It just bugs me like seeing one person riding around in a Ford Expedition... with no catalytic converter.

P.P.S. I never said the guy's setup was bad. On the contrary - it is a good setup. I only pointed out (too harshly) the couple of issues I had with it.

Speaking of the Extremis (I loved that line).. have you checked out the CSS SDX7? It's an updated design based on the Extremis. long live Adire. :) my Tempest is still kickin' in it's 8cf enclosure. heh

css.jpg

Occams Audio has a deal for a diy set. Their rough MTM kit w/ 2 speakers, crossovers, tweeters, and cabinets are only $299 each.

Just a quick comment about CD players: you can EASILY hear a diffrence between diffrent brands and diffrent quality players. For a little while I was playing around with 3 diffrent cd players at diffrent price points: the Cambridge 540C (mine), the Quad CD-P (fathers) and the Moon Supernova (demo). Each retail for about 400/2000/6000 dollars. Not only do they have their own distinct signature, but they also vary in the ability to reveal details. That's my 2 cents, and honestly think that if I put anybody in front of those 3 CD players, they'd hear a diffrence too. My father is trying the Resolution Audio Opus 21 CD player... he should get it in a couple of weeks... he was a little uneasy about spending 6k on the simaudio CD player, even though his setup could justify the price. I think a good DAC will be my next purchase...

I posted this at another forum, but here is my updated setup:

Chris -

Nice set up and nice Acoustic Zen Adiagos! Heard lots of good things about that speaker - good components upstream as well.

It is easy for many to mistakenly believe that source does not produce a discernable sound of its own (or allow for the system to showcase improvement of said sound), but like you said - a highly resolving system will show the differences between a entry, mediocre and high end cdp.

Finally, a bonafide audionut like myself.

Hey, some nice posts in the last week. Here is what I have put together in the last few months.
img0037bx7.jpg

PS Audio DL III -> Vintage Nikko preamp -> PS Audio HCA 2 -> Onix Reference 1

Chris -

Nice set up and nice Acoustic Zen Adiagos! Heard lots of good things about that speaker - good components upstream as well.

It is easy for many to mistakenly believe that source does not produce a discernable sound of its own (or allow for the system to showcase improvement of said sound), but like you said - a highly resolving system will show the differences between a entry, mediocre and high end cdp.

Finally, a bonafide audionut like myself.

I still have a long way before getting to the madness you've acheived :D but with time it will come :p

My system could definitely use an upgrade in terms of source/amplification, but speakers IMO are always what makes the most difference in terms of sound... it wasn't like my amp and CD were bad either... my next upgrades will likely be the benchmark USB DAC (so that I may use it with my PC and use my CD as a transport).

The adagios aren't hard to drive speakers... I never make it past 1/2 of the volume dial... though maybe in a much bigger room I might.

Upgrades will only come next year... I'm getting a new car and moving out from my parents house, and a proper integrated will run me about 3-4k.

I hate this hobby. :p

Speaking of the Extremis (I loved that line).. have you checked out the CSS SDX7?.

I have actually looked into it, and I do want to try it, but I think I might go in a different direction. My next speakers will either use Lambda woofers (by AE Speakers) like the TD10X or TD12X, or they will use 4 Peerless SLS 6.5"s per side with perhaps Peerless HDS mids, and I will be sticking with the XT19s because they are absolutely amazing tweeters. I would buy XT19s at 3x their price, they are that damn good.

An SDX7 can displace about 50% more air than the SLS 6.5 but it costs twice as much. So the SLS wins, it seems. The SDX7 (and Extremis) can play much higher in frequency, but I don't cross to my midranges very high (around 425Hz to my M4Ns, but will go down to ~300 if I switch to HDS)

P1020849.jpg

P1020852.jpg

side channel "bookshelf" speaker
P1020853.jpg

rear channel
P1020854.jpg

Creative Decoder paired with Gigaworks S750

and yes, I need to do some summer cleaning.

Great setups in this thread; I'm trying to piece together a HT setup for myself...the amount of options is overwhelming though. This thread has given me some great components to research.

edit - 8 years :eek: wow, i was 15

haha, i was thinking the same thing. Cool casters.

I always wondered about the small speakers/large sub and wondered if you got the full spectrum out of them. How do they sound?

thanks bmartin and elyrly!

for their size they sound really good, i think this is due to them having a 10cm midrange driver which is larger than most pc speakers. I could definately recommend them.

if you're interested here is the german product site:
http://www.teufel.de/de/iTeufel/Motiv-2.cfm

monty i will try to take a pic of the sub with some cola cans beside it to show you the size of the sub. it would be a real hassle to put it on the desk.

....enough. The flaming and thread crapping stops now. Any more "subwoofer on the desk" thread craps and you'll get administrative attention which usually means some vacation time.

Last warning - this thread stays ON TOPIC or it gets locked and folks get vacations.

shadow, that's a nice paint job on your sub, even though it may be the finger print magnet "piano black".

Finally moved my sub onto the floor and underneath my desk. Have taken great pains to prevent bass leakage from hitting the shared wall with the next apartment. The bass sounds way better coming out from under the desk than it did coming from the side, and with the new isolation I can turn it up a bit.

I think I have pretty much perfect speaker placement for games now. For watching movies I just move the screen and front speakers forward, move the couch up to where my chair is, and move the speakers behind the couch. Takes about one minute to change the workstation between PC use and movie watching.

left.jpg

front.jpg

right.jpg

great setup as usual! Love that desk, its very unique, was it purchased or crafted??

and what did you place under the SUB of the z5500's??

does it enhance the sound, or does it somehow enable you to be polite to your neighbors below??

The desk is an old Ikea one that is no longer made. There are also 3 little shelving units that I added to make it more useful.

I placed the sub on top of two 1.5 inch pieces of particle board with a towel between them. Pretty ghetto but better than nothing. The downstairs neighbours aren't the problem, it's more the lady nextdoor. I've used all kinds of crap to isolate the sound from going backwards into our shared wall.... styrofoam, cardboard, and blankets.

The thing in front of the sub is my footrest which I have been thinking about taking out of there, although I'm sure it can't be degrading the sound of the sub very much as it doesn't block the speaker at all.

Hello I`m new on This forum.
I`ve just bought new studio monitors Yamaha Hs50m. Very beautifull and clean sounding speakers.

there is some pictures of them with stands of my project.

Now I want buy some sound card (usb) or external DAC.
But of course I dont know which one is good, in price between 200$

very nice setup, thought MAC had manufactured those speakers for a second!!

lovely desk, can you share?

I`ve just bought new studio monitors Yamaha Hs50m. Very beautifull and clean sounding speakers.

in your price range i could recommend you the zero dac which i bought recently. for the price it has great sound quality.

Event 20/20bas. 32 inch monitor. Band of Brothers; Portal... They all look great.
I'm upgrading to Kevlar in the next couple weeks.

there is some pictures of them with stands of my project.

You made these stands yourself?

You made these stands yourself?

Yes, piece of aluminium.

I have one quastion to you.
Becouse i`m thinking about DAC, i have two i`m looking for, but I dont know which is better...
1. Beresford MK6/3
2. ZERO 24 BIT/192KHz DAC

Which one I should buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back