Post your Speaker setup PICS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yah.... I agree... dont want to spread myself thin there.

And I am way ahead of you, already been to Audio Consultants and heard pretty much most of the gear they had on display - from Ayre to Boulder. :)

And nope... not ditching the car. The car turns heads and is way fun to drive... manual and G35 coupe is the way to go, bro.

Well I hope you got all wheel drive for our wonderful Chicago winters. I agree stick shift is the way to go.

Boulder now you're talkin'. Where do you get your gear again?

It's now off :)

I'm also going to buy a pair of Sennheiser HD595 sometime soon, the 485 is great but it's been dropped one too many times and the clips that hold the earpads together onto the cans have come loose. I need a reason to enjoy the new amp :D

I have the HD590s and I love them. I think they are underrated. Sennheiser makes better but the 590s are are plenty good, unless you have some sort of serious headphone fetish and a headphone amp to match.

I've always been a speakers first headphones second kind of guy but there are some real headphones afficianados. I can see the appeal--you might enjoy your music more if you can be sure you aren't annoying the wife/girlfriend/dog/neighbors.

All the parts for my stereo are finally here.
My current signal path is Computer (Foobar w/ ASIO plugin) -> 0404USB -> Nady XA300 -> Polk R50.
img1va6.jpg

img4np3.jpg

img3cp6.jpg

I'm certain some of you have heard this little gem
DSC00873.jpg

The Usher 520 I got for $295 shipped simply amazes me. I am talking about sound which cost me only $800 with the sub and amp. Which is ironic, because they are the same price as the Open Darths I am trying to replace. Notice my weird setup.
DSC00866.jpg

It's really wide with the speakers 68" apart on my "custom" a/v rack lol. They are about 3' from me but sound best when I push back to 6'. Still the soundstage at 3' is WIIIIIDE like my Darths used to be.

Bang for the bucket speaker winner winner chicken dinner.

The Usher 520 I got for $295 shipped simply amazes me. I am talking about sound which cost me only $800 with the sub and amp. Which is ironic, because they are the same price as the Open Darths I am trying to replace. Notice my weird setup.

It's really wide with the speakers 68" apart on my "custom" a/v rack lol. They are about 3' from me but sound best when I push back to 6'. Still the soundstage at 3' is WIIIIIDE like my Darths used to be.

Bang for the bucket speaker winner winner chicken dinner.

Your photography makes baby Jesus cry. =P

(image removed)

Which is ironic, because they are the same price as the Open Darths I am trying to replace. Notice my weird setup.
(image removed)

selling the Darths?

I got a new amp today for £125 - I love it. LOVE IT!

av_rotel_2.jpg

Total amateur question alert: How much improvement does a component like your Rotel amp add to an A/V receiver? Is it something only an ultra-audiophile would notice?

As for the car discussion... My Jeep Commander will crush your little hot-rods, then I'll give your girlfriend a ride to Sturgis on my Hog (Night Train). :D

it adds nothing to an AV reciever as it looks like it's replacing the that POS kenwood.

DSC00884.jpg

It's a little better light but not good by any means. Being underground makes things difficult but as you can see, the Usher 520 is not a large speaker.

Dang Val.... that's an awesome setup! Reminds me a lot of mine...

Hehehe... ML speakers ftw.

Got bored and rewired again (also took the desktop out of the room since it generates too much heat in the summer. So I'm rocking the laptop full time and just VNC to the desktop when i need it).

I also really need a new HDTV :p

IMGP1586.jpg

IMGP1587.jpg

the infamous kenwood vr-405 cookin eggs there man.

I have the VR-407 and i can't believe it has lasted as long as it has with the heat it puts out. It sounds good though.

the infamous kenwood vr-405 cookin eggs there man.

I have the VR-407 and i can't believe it has lasted as long as it has with the heat it puts out. It sounds good though.

vr506 :p

Though with a receiver that old now I imagine the differences aren't too much.

I can't wait to get the HDTV + the new receiver to go with it.

Got bored and rewired again (also took the desktop out of the room since it generates too much heat in the summer. So I'm rocking the laptop full time and just VNC to the desktop when i need it).
I just got a new Latitude D620 from work. It's a great work laptop... even better 'cuz it was free! :D

looks like the original dinovo

there is the new dinovo edge now.. I want it but can't justify the $200 for a keyboard

Val,

I think you have the space to actually start using your speakers not only as a PC rig, but also as a true Stereo rig. All you need is a slight reposition of the reQuests and a listening chair about 8 feet away from the speakers.

Unless you're doing this, you're missing out on what real listening should be.

looks like the original dinovo

there is the new dinovo edge now.. I want it but can't justify the $200 for a keyboard

I got my Dinovo Edge from Amazon for $99 on sale, 2 months ago. Check them every few weeks for more special prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back