Post your Speaker setup PICS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
keyb.jpg

2x Genelec 8030 active speakers.

beautiful....audio/musician guys always have kick ass setups.....

hahaha... no oops have had those vibrators for years. im a guy, a good friend of mine (Joseph Korn) is an exec of DejaVu strip clubs and adult superstores. his little sister (Annabell Korn) brings them over cuz she thinks its funny. thats only the ones that didn't fall on the floor that day, i have 37 of them: pyrex, plastic,metal, water filled and many more.

baby oil is no good. my girlfriend likes a brand called GunOil personal lube so i use that, its next to my tv stand

Are Tangent's main speakers subwoofers that have been flipped over?

they are mirage omni series speakers. the driver are off axis with an inverted dome to radiate sound in a circular pattern.

hahaha... no oops have had those vibrators for years. im a guy, a good friend of mine (Joseph Korn) is an exec of DejaVu strip clubs and adult superstores. his little sister (Annabell Korn) brings them over cuz she thinks its funny. thats only the ones that didn't fall on the floor that day, i have 37 of them: pyrex, plastic,metal, water filled and many more.

baby oil is no good. my girlfriend likes a brand called GunOil personal lube so i use that, its next to my tv stand

Why not mod one with a small lcd and tweeters?

:D

Minature Home Theaters Rock!!!

keyb.jpg

2x Genelec 8030 active speakers.

While this is quite nice, your not reaching the full potential of the Genelecs. They are direct coupled to the wood ikea storage boxes. While it looks nice and gives height enhancement, you should isolate them from the wood with foam or other vibration reduction material. Auralex makes mo-pad units for about 50 bucks available at www.sweetwater.com

Or maybe something like overkill pro from Second Skin Audio. It is a dense, closed foam. It is designed for automotive purposes, but I use left over material to float my TiVo and television, as well as xbox 360. It gets the job done.

You should also isolate the ikea boxes from the table.

Due to the unusual feet of the Genelecs, you may want to try Blu-Tak too.

Just a thought.;)

Never doubt that, I never see a girl's desk with that kind of mess, only a man has a messy desk like me.

lol, I used to be a courtesy clerk at safeway and giant way back as a teenager. I had to clean the womens bathroom among other places, and let me tell you....female hygenics are highly over-hyped. F'ing sick, lol.

my gf works at a sex shop... "Gunoil" is the most popular personal lube in the homosexual community... just though i would put that out there....not that there is anything wrong with that.

and just to not be SOOO O/T

i just bought me another pair of Behringer B2031P studio monitors. im now running 6.1

Front Left = Bose 802-II
Center = Behringer P2031P
Front Right = Bose 802-II
Rear Left = Behringer P2031P
Rear Center = Behringer P2031P
Rear Left = Behringer P2031P
Sub = home made 15" sealed sub with Adire Audio "Tempest" powered by QSC EX4000

pics when i get home from work.

How's the Denon's working out for you?

I'm loving them. They were the perfect switch from the HD650s for me. They're like the a900s but at the quality level of the 650s/k701s. And the sound is right in the middle of those two.

Comfort-wise I think they give AT a run for the money, and the build quality feels superb.

I'm loving them. They were the perfect switch from the HD650s for me. They're like the a900s but at the quality level of the 650s/k701s. And the sound is right in the middle of those two.

Comfort-wise I think they give AT a run for the money, and the build quality feels superb.

Glad to see you are enjoying them. If I had the money, I'd certainly give one an extended try. From what I've read they are nice in comfort, and have a nice sound quality that is rather unique.

A full X-LS setup? Very nice!

Sorry for nitpicking :p, but did you think about raising the left speaker a bit so LR are on the same level?

Looking great, Nico! I'm seeing more and more posts with that particular glass desk. I think it's gonna replace the discontinued Jerker as the desk of choice around here.

Nic,

I like that you have a RS spl meter on the upper right cabinet.

Nice! It's a sign that you take your audio very seriously....

:)

Well, I've bought some speakers :D My Fubar II USB-DAC is also in the mail.

The setup:
  • Dynaudio Audience 62 Speakers, Upgrade from Focal 707S Bookshelves
  • Roksan Kandy MkIII Integrated Amplifier
  • Xbox 360
  • PSAudio Prelude Speaker Wire
  • Black Rhodium Interconnect
  • Maybe: Velodyne SPL-1200R Subwoofer
  • Maybe: Inexpensive "Audiophile-Grade" CD player
  • Soon: Firestone Audio Fubar II USB-DAC (Source)

36176!1.jpg

77384!2.jpg

10063!4.jpg

More Pics:
Before: http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/ChrisIX/My Old Stereo/
After: http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/ChrisIX/My Stereo/

nothing new yet. i should be able to order my Samsung HL-T5087S on fri. if all goes well. i ordered dayton heavy 24" bookshelf stands on fri so wed or thu they should be here.

i tried google sketch up for the weekend and in about 8 hours i was able to model my room as it is now minus the tv.

myroom.jpg

update... modeled the PC speakers and a cheap techcraft audio pier. i like the styling but my HTPC case is 2" deeper then the shelf so im not sure

i have not chosen a rack or a tv stand yet but i realy like the lovan stuff. when i decide i will add it in.

Got my new lens, so I decided to take a few pictures. These were some of the last pictures taken with the stock lens.

There were up in my dorm, but I took them back a few weeks ago to make the big move a little eaiser.

I still really love these speakers, and am turned on by the B&W house sound.

Tower are those the DM601s or 602s? I had both before I upgraded to the N804s. Great speakers all. What model camera are you using those pictures look great!

Tower are those the DM601s or 602s? I had both before I upgraded to the N804s. Great speakers all. What model camera are you using those pictures look great!

These are the DM601 S3. Thanks! It's a nikon D50, and that picture was taken with the stock kit lens, a 18-55mm nikkor budget one. I've since upgraded the lens. ^_^

Blind man....

Good stuff you got there.. you even have them toed in! :)

Drew...

As always man, I dig your BWs and your little tweaks for them. The camera is saweet also... wish I had a hobby in digital photography.

Well, I've bought some speakers :D My Fubar II USB-DAC is also in the mail.

The setup:
  • Dynaudio Audience 62 Speakers, Upgrade from Focal 707S Bookshelves
  • Roksan Kandy MkIII Integrated Amplifier
  • Xbox 360
  • PSAudio Prelude Speaker Wire
  • Black Rhodium Interconnect
  • Maybe: Velodyne SPL-1200R Subwoofer
  • Maybe: Inexpensive "Audiophile-Grade" CD player
  • Soon: Firestone Audio Fubar II USB-DAC (Source)

More Pics:
Before: http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/ChrisIX/My Old Stereo/
After: http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/ChrisIX/My Stereo/

Chris,

Your gear is very nice, seems like you know what you're doing there. :D

Blackstone,

Didnt know you had the 804s.... are these for your PC?

Chris,

Your gear is very nice, seems like you know what you're doing there. :D

Blackstone,

Didnt know you had the 804s.... are these for your PC?

My dad has the 802s and the DCS gear with the levinson amp.

I have the 804s powered by a Bryston 3B-ST amp, a Threshold T2 preamp (no longer made but this preamp is comparable to a really good Levinson or equivalent) and a Myryad CD player. My cables are transparent audio. I do not have this system connected to my PC because I don't have an HDTV that can substitute as a monitor in my listening area. I don't have a squeezebox either because I can't afford a good outboard DAC right now.

I plan on eventually adding a matching B&W subwoofer because the 804s are small and don't go down all that deep. They are really good, especially with the sub. I'll probably keep the sub and get the 803D or 802D, eventually, but that will be a while. At some point I want the Byrston surround decoder/preamp too which if it is good enough I'll use as a DAC and/or preamp, and 805s for rear speakers. I'd have to the lay the foundation for speakers like your Summits or 800D series speakers with amps and front end. I doubt you are even close to maxing those things out.

Of course if I don't find a job after graduation I'll have to scrap those plans, sell the lot and leave the country but I'm optimistic. :D

My dad has the 802s and the DCS gear with the levinson amp.

I have the 804s powered by a Bryston 3B-ST amp, a Threshold T2 preamp (no longer made but this preamp is comparable to a really good Levinson or equivalent) and a Myryad CD player. My cables are transparent audio. I do not have this system connected to my PC because I don't have an HDTV that can substitute as a monitor in my listening area. I don't have a squeezebox either because I can't afford a good outboard DAC right now.

I'd have to the lay the foundation for speakers like your Summits or 800D series speakers with amps and front end. I doubt you are even close to maxing those things out.

OH yeah.. now I remember!

Cool system for sure! Wish I could hear it in all its glory!

Regarding my system... yeah... even my upstream isnt maxing these Summits out. I still have quite a ways to go and I don't think I have deep enough pockets just yet to push them much further.

I do have a new set of speakers coming in though.... :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back