Post your Speaker setup PICS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
towert7 said:
That's some fancy floors Harkamus. The lighting almost makes it look like red floors, my favorite color of wood. ^_^

But what in god's name are all those pullys for? looks like one is going horizontally across the bottom of the screen (that one I can't figgure out)

perhaps he's installing a curtain system to open and close over the screen to hide it or to change aspect ratios? :)

bjornb17 said:
perhaps he's installing a curtain system to open and close over the screen to hide it or to change aspect ratios? :)
Yea, that may be one reason.... because the horizontal one I just don't see anything connected to right now.

Waiting to hear what he has to say

towert7 said:
That's some fancy floors Harkamus. The lighting almost makes it look like red floors, my favriot color of wood. ^_^

But what in god's name are all those pullys for? looks like one is going horizontally across the bottom of the screen (that one I can't figgure out)

Hehe. That is because the stain is red/polish is red. The subwoofer, of which we have a twin, is finished the same way. You just can't see it. The pullies are used to raise/lower the masking depending on if the dvds are 2.35:1 or 1.65:1(1.85:1). The 2.35 is anamorphic widescreen, while 1.65/1.85:1 is nonanamorphic. Basically, we got lazy by the time we got to the masking. We had talks of making the whole contraption electrical.

Edit: The pullies are connected in such a fashion that if you pull down on one side(doesn't matter which) the masking raises/lowers for the top and bottom. It's just that you pull down on the pulley to raise it and push it up to lower them.

Yay for college study of film class!

i brought back my yamaha reciever after christmas break and changed some shit around..

so the yahmaha rx-v520 (which i can't find info on for some reason) got it for $25.. powers the bic ventrui bookshelves
the nad drives the subs in the corner

oh.. and i got some optical cables going from my shuttle to the spdif on the yamaha.. the sound isn't any "better" just louder..

speaker2.jpg
speaker3.jpg
speaker4.jpg

lol anyways here goes ..

DSC01707.jpg

DSC01704.jpg

DSC01705.jpg

maybe if the working hours of 15 year olds wasnt so restrictive i could afford much more, oh well.

Wait Wait Wait Wait!!!!!
apex32, please tell me you didn't mix and match speakers for your computer. Lol

The more I look at it, the more confused I become.

lololol....no there are a total of 4 speakers. 2 polks and 2 sonys..they are all hooked up to my TV not my pc, and you cant see the 4th speaker on the fat left i have 1 of each on each side and i just placed them there but eventually i will have all that hooked up to my pc and have a nicer 5.1 for my tv.... too bad i dont have any money haha

apex32 said:
lololol....no there are a total of 4 speakers. 2 polks and 2 sonys..they are all hooked up to my TV not my pc, and you cant see the 4th speaker on the fat left i have 1 of each on each side and i just placed them there but eventually i will have all that hooked up to my pc and have a nicer 5.1 for my tv.... too bad i dont have any money haha

nice Polk R15s :)

Creative Labs Inspire P580 5.1 - Good for gaming, sounds alright.

Front
frontsmall.jpg

Rear
rearspeakerssmall.jpg

The rear speakers are at ear height about 2 and a half feet behind me, the front ones sit on my desk 2 ish feet in front of me. Works very well, when I'm not using headphones. Can't use the speakers late at night...

computersetupnoflash3no.jpg

djmixer7kc.jpg

djheadphones3lh.jpg

Yeah, its not as nice as a lot of the setups i've seen here, but it definitely does the job. Ummmm, if you're curious to know what exactly i'm running, I couldn't really tell you all the details about it, all I can tell you is that the receiver is a Master FR-505, the big speakers you see are the ones that come with the receiver to begin with (originally it was a stereo until I got to it =D), and the small speakers that each have 2 tweeters in them are Altec Lansing's.

I included a picture of my mixer because, well, my mixer supply's my room with phat tunes =D. In that setup, i'm using a Numark DXM06, Stanton STR8-30, and a Stanton T.80, the T.80 is probably my favorite turntable (seeing as its brand new and all, lol).

And last but not least, I showed a picture of my beloved HD 280's, very excellent for those times when your up, but your neighbors and family aren't =D. Very very nice headphones, some people say they lack in bass response, I think otherwise, lol.

TehRoflcopter said:
Very very nice headphones, some people say they lack in bass response, I think otherwise, lol.
They do lack bass response in certain respects :rolleyes:

Your mixer and two turntables look nice though. Looks like hours of fun can be had with that setup ^_^

Very much fun has been had so far =D.

Needless to say Happy Hardcore sounds pretty good to me through that whole setup.

Guess I'll post mine.. this is only one set of 3 but I only have one other setup right now anyway.
place01.jpg

pictured: Harman Kardon AVR55 powering 2x B&W DM220 with a DBX DX-5 CD player, and Technics SL-1700

not pictured:
PC Audio: Marantz SR4000, B&W DM302's
unused currently:
Yamaha A700 integrated amp
20 band realistic EQ
Yamaha KX200U cassette deck
Technics SL-P350 CD Player
Advent Legacy 8" model

If those speakers he displayed were used as the front channels, then I'd have to agree with you, that's why we don't see his rears! :)

why would you place speakers with the tweeters firing so high? doesn't make a lot of sense.

VoBoy said:
If those speakers he displayed were used as the front channels, then I'd have to agree with you, that's why we don't see his rears! :)

Actually...

If you look in the pictures with my floor standing speakers you will notice I have JBL's (acting as front channel) sitting ontop of old genesis speakers my neighbor gave me. Those two genesis speakers are connected into my rear ports on my receiver. Once I buy a house I will be using the center channel and the 2 JBLs floor standing speakers in my home theater system. By then I will have 2 bigger JBL E90's and a E250P subwoofer and moving my current JBL's to the rear. When I have parties I can switch modes on my receiver and use all 4 floor standing speakers to play music instead of surround mode. Right now I don't have room behind me to put rear speakers because there's another desk to my left.

The reason my desk is so clean is because I stuff everything into that storage cabinet. :D

As far as putting my speakers so high I don't see what the problem is. When I'm in my chair my ear level lines up with the middle of the speakers. In my old setup I had them on the floor and I honestly can not tell the difference.

Hey guys, do you recomend switching out the tweeters on the Klipsch Ultras? I'm thinking about doing this as I can get stuff really cheap lol

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Hey guys, do you recomend switching out the tweeters on the Klipsch Ultras? I'm thinking about doing this as I can get stuff really cheap lol

no, the tweeters built in are built to match the rest of the system.

10003328oh.jpg

Altec Lansing VS3151R

Yes, you can insult me now for not buying some Creative or Logitech :p

I have no shame in hiding a messy desk lol or the lan fuel on it (yogurt haha), this shot was taken about 6 months ago, i have since procured a 21in trinitron monitor as well. I'll submit some new pictures of my new, in construction desk and setup, but that'll be a good half year away at least

A Yamaha RX-V640 reciever is driving two custom front monitors with Seas 27TDFC tweeters and dual Peerless 850439 woofers (shown, crossovers are still outside the box lol) and two dayton/vifa surrounds. Behind the desk there is an adire tempest EBS subwoofer, powered by the 2x 450wrms pro audio amp.

The speaker rack is a "flexy-rack" type utilising threaded rod and nuts connecting to triangular shelves with curved sides, this allows me to adjust the height of each shelf independantly.

system11tz.jpg

Sorry, haven't checked back in awhile.
Also - sorry for off topic, just responding.

All three models were purchased like that. The only removeable part was the rotor system for packaging.

The two USCG ones were purchased through the military exchange system, one before retirement. The other mahogany one was purchased through where I work. They are the aircraft that I flew or fly now.

PM if you want more info.

HTPC setup -

setup1.jpg

Kenwood Sovereign VR-5080 reciever
Klipsch KL-650 Ultra2 LCR (x2)
Teufel M660 Center
Teufel M900D Rear (x2) (not shown)
Crappy KLH sub.

Got it all for free!

I set 2 sets of speaker on my desk, default is soundblaster 2.1 but I change speaker cable to Kimber Kable 4 tc another set compose of
Speaker: ProAc Tab 50 signature with AlphaCore
Preamp: Creek 4330 with supra EFF
Poweramp: NAD C270 with supra EFF

My sound system has changed a bit since this picture (mainly the removal of the small satellites and moving of the subwoofer) but here is the most recent picture with a clean desk.

Center and Rear Satellites
photos_img2_06034837.jpg

TV Screen & Front Speakers & Amp & Sub
photos_img2_06034841.jpg

Entertainment System Specs:
Kenwood KRF-V8030D Surround Receiver (140W x 5 @ 1kHz, 8 ohms)
Kenwood Floorstanding 3-way Speakers w/ 10-inch subwoofers (Rated 140W /each)
Kenwood Center Channel Speaker (Rated 100W)
Kenwood SW-505D 8-inch Suboofer (Rated 150W)
Sony Satelite Speakers (For Rear Channel)

Sanyo DS27930 27-in. Direct View Flat Screen TV
DishTV Satelite Television (paid for by fraternity)

PC End of System:
17-inch Princeton LCD Monitor
S-Video to TV from a Radeon 9800 SE graphics card
Optical Fiber (DolbyDigital 5.1) to Receiver from a Turtle Beach Montego Sound Card w/ DDL encoder
Music provided by Ruckus Networks in 192kbps DRM-Protected WMA (paid for by University (w/ my student fees))

My modest bedroom set-up:

DSC00802.jpg

EMU 1212M->Yamaha HTR-5630->Yamaha Satellite set (I don't know the model of them anymore. :p)

xbox setup:
Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

comp setup:
Picture004.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture006.jpg

i know its not much compared to some of you guys but hey a 16 year old can only afford so much

Your technics look darn good to me! I have pioneer floorstandings. One pair from the early 90's and one from the late 90's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back