Post your Speaker setup PICS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a few teaser pics.... the real pics will be up in a few weeks once I get everything straightened out.

System:
XFi -> Rotel RC1070 preamplifier -> Rotel RB1070 amplifier -> Martin Logan Vantage -> :D
DSC00292.jpg

Tower of power next to the 2405:
DSC00296.jpg

Sweet spot chair:
DSC00302.jpg

From the sweetspot... I'll take care of the wires before my REAL Vantage come in.
DSC00295.jpg

This is the Dealer's demo pair that he loaned to me until my pair comes in. ML is backed up with backorders on these bad boys. Mine will be maple in color instead of dark cherry, although the dark cherry looks stunning in person. Pics dont do justice.

As for the sound... I'll write a better review later, but it can be summed up by my friends' description, "STUNNING!"

That's all for now.

Joey

Nice setup Joey.

Have you considered putting the components in a Rack?

Or is that on the list right after a new chair? :D

Wow, congrats pinipig! The MLs look very... imposing and elegant.

P.S.
Please don't tell me it's a dorm room :eek: :D

lol, I have a little suprise for everyone :D . Ill post my setup later.

Here we go!

imag01812jd.jpg

Hehe!! :p , I use the expensive Sony's seen on the desk.

Reciever is a JVC RX-718V
Headphones are Sony MDR-XD400

5-30,000 Hz Response, high-quality texture-type cable, OFC Copper connections, 106 dB/mW Sensitivity, 3,000mW Power handling. Yea, these bad-boys school most of the high-end sets, and they keep the neighbors asleep doing it :D

Emission said:
Yea, these bad-boys school most of the high-end sets, and they keep the neighbors asleep doing it :D

Oh boy, I laughed out loud with that one. For A minute there I thought you were talking about headphones that cost 1000$+........ then I look and see the words "Sony MDR-XD400"

lol yea, id have to say, drop a 0 off that $1000 and youve pretty much got the price I payed for them :p

!! , well eh..lol. Its ok, im happy,. thats all that matters :D . Just cant help it that they kick s00per azzoms!

Ahriman4891 said:
Wow, congrats pinipig! The MLs look very... imposing and elegant.

P.S.
Please don't tell me it's a dorm room :eek: :D

Sort of a dorm room. It's an apartment bedroom... a large one. :)

Emission said:

Here we go!

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/8614/imag01812jd.jpg[/IMG

5-30,000 Hz Response, high-quality texture-type cable, OFC Copper connections, 106 dB/mW Sensitivity, 3,000mW Power handling. Yea, these bad-boys school most of the high-end sets, and they keep the neighbors asleep doing it :D[/QUOTE]

you have a reciever purely to power your headphones?..............

I just put together my new system:
a pair of Klipsch synergy b-2 driven by an HK3380.

speakers_fl.jpg

Pinipig523 said:
Why are your Klipsch B2 sideways??

desk isn't big enough for the right one to stand up and clear the monitor, so I put it on its side , even though its still haning off the desk it's much more stable. The left is like that just for symetry. I just installed them today so I'll probably play with it some.

/edit I really failed at english that time

Emission said:

Here we go!

imag01812jd.jpg

5-30,000 Hz Response, high-quality texture-type cable, OFC Copper connections, 106 dB/mW Sensitivity, 3,000mW Power handling. Yea, these bad-boys school most of the high-end sets, and they keep the neighbors asleep doing it :D

Sorry to get off the topic, but was that spot in the pic above the computer and to the right, something that was on the camera? Lol, from what I have read, thats an indication that you have a ghostly presence. Happens a lot in pic that ppl take, its been interpreted that way. Just curious.

CFlux said:
desk isn't big enough for the right one to stand up and clear the monitor, so I put it on its side , even though its still haning off the desk it's much more stable. The left is like that just for symetry. I just installed them today so I'll probably play with it some.

/edit I really failed at english that time

As much as possible, try to get the bookshelves straight up. Will do wonders for its soundstaging and sonic accuracy. Also, if you can, get some cheap stands just so you can put the bookshelves a little farther apart and open up a better soundstage reproduction.

Otherwise, nice speakers (my brother has the same pair for his computer) and nice receiver (used to have that type of HK back before my Rotels).

Catsonar, its totally a camera thing. The thing is aging like no tomorrow :p . *Chants* Need a new camera....need a new camera! */Chanting*

Emission said:

Uh, not to be an audio snob or anything, but this forum has quite a lot of crossover with head-fi (www.head-fi.org), which means your XD400s really don't count as either "expensive" or "bad boys" by the general standard around here :). They're pretty decent headphones for the money but you can get a lot better by spending more, and lots of people here have...:)

(the only 'high end sets' that the XD400 would really school would be Senn HD570s and Bose Triports. But then, $20 HD201s school Bose Triports.)

Eh, I feel they're pretty good for the money. Ive seen the vast $250+ Sets, and im not willing to spend that much on headphones (Ok ok, so I am, I just dont have the money :p ). Broke an old Sennheiser pair, and this was the replacement. Hoping I can afford better Sennheisers sooner or later.

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Lol wow, for a pair+center it cost $100 more than the whole (original) set.

They definately are an improvement over the original speakers. The original promedia speakers seem like cheap pieces of crap in comparison. I've been listening to music that I've had for years through my new speakers, and I can now hear all kinds of details that I didn't even know existed with my old promedia satelites.

slpaulson said:
They definately are an improvement over the original speakers. The original promedia speakers seem like cheap pieces of crap in comparison. I've been listening to music that I've had for years through my new speakers, and I can now hear all kinds of details that I didn't even know existed with my old promedia satelites.

Oh, i'm sure they are but those are too expensive for me! Can I get them cheaper anywhere else?

Edit: Just noticed you only the front two speakers.....do they overpower the center/rears?

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Oh, i'm sure they are but those are too expensive for me! Can I get them cheaper anywhere else?

Edit: Just noticed you only the front two speakers.....do they overpower the center/rears?

I got mine on ebay. They don't seem to overpower the other speakers, but I mostly listen to music, which is 2 channel anyway.

arms33xw.jpg

arms21is.jpg

arms13yr.jpg

Logitech Z-640s. Certainly not the greatest out there, but they work pretty well for my gaming. Folks that haven't gamed with sound surround don't know what they're missing. If you crank it up far enough firing an M60 will also prevent kidney stones! :D

When the arms are swung in the two rear speakers face out. Got a little aluminum stock from Home Depot. The black end caps were in the same section. Had to desolder the wires inside the speakers to snake the wire through the arms. Made the two brackets out of oak to go with the desk. Pretty happy with the way it works.

yblocgerg said:
pini, we also have the same sub, love it to death.

Hey, didn't know you were on the [H]. Let's see some pics of that system you were talking about. :D

Hard to get high quality audio components in the dorm just right... here is my attempt.

HTD level 3 bookshelves on homemade stands.
AVR-320 reciever (I loves it!)
HTD level 3 12" sub (roomie/neighbors/ra hates it. :cool:

pict0016large8nt.jpg

pict0017large8ve.jpg

Killler Noodle,

Pretty killer setup (no pun intended). I've seen those HTD speakers and I did consider the HTD4 before.

Yeah, I got an outstanding deal on the 5.1 set a while back. $300 shipped to my door on ebay, I was ecstatic that nobody else seemed to notice the internet only brand on ebay selling for dirt cheap :)

Next semester I'll have it in an apartment which will have its living room converted into a home theater with my Gateway FP205 dlp projector and the future HTPC you see sitting in the background. :)

well.. since people are posting pics of their subs... here you go. :)

Adire Audio 15" Tempest
230L laminated custom cabinet (yes that's over 8cf.)
250W Parts Express Plate Amp

Worklog

img_0456.jpg

img_0536.jpg

img_0471.jpg

bigblack.jpg

ht.jpg

Not pictured: 4.1 other channels. Yes, that is a sub to the left and in front of the sofa.

That's some fancy floors Harkamus. The lighting almost makes it look like red floors, my favorite color of wood. ^_^

But what in god's name are all those pullys for? looks like one is going horizontally across the bottom of the screen (that one I can't figgure out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back