Post your Ryzen 3000 configs!

As expected no such animal appeared. AMD is a joke for stock. Paper launch for the most part it appears. This won't gain them market share in HEDT.
They have been coming in stock just about everyday on Newegg and Amazon, it's pretty easy to grab one if you really want one. Use nowinstock

They have been coming in stock just about everyday on Newegg and Amazon, it's pretty easy to grab one if you really want one. Use nowinstock

I've been trying and the only 3900X on Amazon are scalpers prices.

As expected no such animal appeared. AMD is a joke for stock. Paper launch for the most part it appears. This won't gain them market share in HEDT.

LOL wut?

I am very very certain AMD had massive stock before launch of Ryzen 3xxx and x5xx and Navi parts (mainly because they had a solid 7+mth lead time as everyone was backing away from bleeding edge for 2019-2020 (i.e 10 / 7nm)

AMD "stuck with it" then I believe was 6.2 (not quite 1/3 a month but more than a 1/4) Apple decided they would after all go to their Apple SOC, etc etc.

anyways.... if they stock 10 bajillion of the one they believe will sell the most but only 1/2 as much as required for the others (maybe not able to stock as much for Bin test reasons, currently, and very very likely AMD is setting aside X % of the best which will be used for Threadripper 3k and EPYC chips...

my long winded .02c ... everyone under the sun is buying the "you really want this Ryzen 3000 with x500 board, they are SO WORTH IT"

with not quite as many going the Intel route (CPU wise) and if Navi is using the same "silicon GPU tweaked (7nm)" the possible limited supply you allude to (or hint at) is likely to get a whole whack nastier in a very quick bit of time.

I doubt it however as most of the DRAM makers updated their lineups for Ryzen 3k and their pricing is "not all that bad"

till you go for the fastest of RGB out the wazzo that is.

Got my 3900X installed under a Corsair H150 Pro 360mm AIO on my Asrock X470 Taichi on Bios 3.46

Ran a quick cinebench R20 test before going to bed. This is default settings in bios with 2x8GB 3200MHZ CL14 RAM:

n4SlrWy.png

Mine is hear tomorrow from Best Buy, as it was shipped and I have tracking number, no stock at stores until online orders are fulfilled and they show sold out online. I cant believe you would even order one anyway with your attitude towards AMD anyway. They come in and out of stock constantly daily, just demand is high.
Also Threadripper is HEDT not Ryzen.

I returned my 3900x and motherboard today. So if you are in columbus you can get the openbox at a discount. if you watch for it. I posted the cinebench here(78xx). I was having issues with a couple games Sunday and yesterday(1 not even playable). Got all pissed and just took it back while I was in my return window at microcenter.

Very cool. I can't wait to see how my Prime X370-Pro handles the 3900X.

I hope it handles thing better then the steaming POS that is the x470 Prime-Pro. With PBO enabled, I am seeing crazy high voltage (1.41V when AC' are loaded)...Memory training issues are a cluster f@ck. I swapped out a 32GB set of 3000c15 (Micron D-die) for a 32GB kit of 3200c16 (Micron E-Die) and even setting every subtiming Ryzen Ram Calc gives, it is beyond unstable...Will run AIDA64 for like 27 minutes and then hard power off....I am @ 3400 c-16-17-19-xx-1T at the moment, but who knows if this actually stable or not. Asus has not released a frigging bios update to fix the 1.2VDDR at boot issue, not even a BETA bios I can find.

3700x stock (PBO enabled 120% current) 3400.png

So it seems that even with this craptastic buggy BIOS, and only under a Wraith Prism (instead of my loop as it will be next week) this thing scores very well in Cinebench R20....Next step is to see if I can get 3600 stable. I am not hopeful on this old AGESA but I might be wrong.

No idea when one is coming into stock so ordered a 9900KF and motherboard. Sucks, but I want an upgrade now. I'll chalk this up to ADHD.

No idea when one is coming into stock so ordered a 9900KF and motherboard. Sucks, but I want an upgrade now. I'll chalk this up to ADHD.

They are in stock almost every day? Did you setup a notice on Now-in-stock? If so it's pretty easy to get one.

Honestly I doubt he ever had intention of getting one. I ordered one from Best Buy and got it today.

Good for you. My Best Buy order was still pending. What is it with you? I wanted one, couldn't get one. Not really a big deal to me. Why does it bother you so much?

They are in stock almost every day? Did you setup a notice on Now-in-stock? If so it's pretty easy to get one.

Not what I'm seeing on Nowinstock. Amazon had limited stock yesterday, Newegg had some yesterday. That doesn't mean they were there for long. They simply aren't widely available.

They aren't in stock everyday. Period.

Anyway, why does this have to be a team thing? I wanted one and couldn't get one in a timely manner.

Meh.

Why does it bother you so much?

The Faithful have their narratives. I tried looking for one, had an easier time finding an i7 8700K back when they were deemed unobtanium while getting a Ryzen system running fast and stable was still an outright miracle.

The Faithful have their narratives. I tried looking for one, had an easier time finding an i7 8700K back when they were deemed unobtanium while getting a Ryzen system running fast and stable was still an outright miracle.

I'll buy a 3900X or 3950X later this year and see how it works on my X370 board. Just not worth the hassle to find something in stock right now.

I'll buy a 3900X or 3950X later this year and see how it works on my X370 board. Just not worth the hassle to find something in stock right now.

I bought the 8700k because I needed to build a second system and it was in stock, and I knew it'd work.

At this point I'd grab whichever of these two pushed single-core high enough for gaming. You know, if they were in stock.

You just love to stir the pot do you not? There is no "faithful"...I stayed a truthful statement, that they are in stock often every day (somewhere)...A simple NIS alert would easily let you grab one. Nice plug for the 8700K btw...Intel not sampled you a 9900KF yet? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (I mean this in good humor!)

So I just ran the Division 2 benchmark in DirectX12 at 3440x1440 on my Titan Xp and 3900X. Here's a MSI Afterburner screenshot of the 12 physical cores:

ceEBsOI.png

This is with all default settings in the BIOS on my X470 Taichi motherboard, PBO is not enabled. CPU seems to be boosting as advertised for me, not quite 4600Mhz but I'll take it. This is with the Ryzen Balanced power plan btw.

You just love to stir the pot do you not? There is no "faithful"

Sure there is- though don't take it personally ;)

I stayed a truthful statement, that they are in stock often every day (somewhere)...A simple NIS alert would easily let you grab one.

Perhaps? There's still some luck involved.

Nice plug for the 8700K btw

It's a similar situation. Detractors claimed they weren't available- I just popped online randomly and bought one. Still gives me a chuckle to this day...

Intel not sampled you a 9900KF yet? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (I mean this in good humor!)

I wouldn't have a use for it, to be honest. I do have a 9900K here only because I built another system, and generally speaking both are a bit overpowered for my uses. Which is a good thing.

Probably the easiest memory overclock ever, lol. Punched in my RAM config into Ryzen DRAM calculator, selected DDR4-3600, rebooted into bios - punched in the calculated settings and boom, no issues at all:

mem.png

So I just ran the Division 2 benchmark in DirectX12 at 3440x1440 on my Titan Xp and 3900X. Here's a MSI Afterburner screenshot of the 12 physical cores:

View attachment 176018

This is with all default settings in the BIOS on my X470 Taichi motherboard, PBO is not enabled. CPU seems to be boosting as advertised for me, not quite 4600Mhz but I'll take it. This is with the Ryzen Balanced power plan btw.

Half my cores can't even boost past 4200 manually OCd.

Probably the easiest memory overclock ever, lol. Punched in my RAM config into Ryzen DRAM calculator, selected DDR4-3600, rebooted into bios - punched in the calculated settings and boom, no issues at all:

View attachment 176038

Nice! You are lucky you have AGESA 1.0.0.3 vs the terrible crap 1.0.0.2 that Asus has left many of us with. I am hoping they release a new BIOS this week but at this point they will probably wait til AMD sorts out the one they just recalled.

What ram are you running?

It's e die memory double rank at 32 gigs. I have it running at 3000 because I know that works. I will mess around with it more this week to see if it will run at stock 3200 and if it will push beyond. Not going to get to crazy tonight as I am just happy it's up and working properly. 3194 in R15 and 202 single core with my browser and Ryzen master running so I am happy so far. I can give you a link to the exact kit later if your interested.

It's e die memory double rank at 32 gigs. I have it running at 3000 because I know that works. I will mess around with it more this week to see if it will run at stock 3200 and if it will push beyond. Not going to get to crazy tonight as I am just happy it's up and working properly. 3194 in R15 and 202 single core with my browser and Ryzen master running so I am happy so far. I can give you a link to the exact kit later if your interested.

Is that the crucial ballistix 3200 C16 stuff?

Is that the crucial ballistix 3200 C16 stuff?

I am running a 32GB kit of the Crucial Ballistix LT (grey heatspreaders p/n ending in AESB, with the B indicating it is a grey colored kit) 3200c16...I'm currently at 3400 c16-17-19 and these post very good CBR20 scores while only with a Wraith Prism and no airflow in the case since my loop is torn down.

I am going to see if I can get 3466 stable, which Ryzen RamCalc says is the highest frequency since this is a dual rank kit. I got a fairly new kit, they were made in Week 7 or 14 (can't remember exactly) of 2019. It came from Amazon.

I jumped on AMD's 7nm stuff as soon as they came out. Big upgrade over the 2500K system. Outside of boost clocks acting weird, it's been running really great. Very happy with the system.

Ryzen 9 3900X
Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master
32 GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 CL17 (B-die)
Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVME SSD (plus other existing drives)
Radeon VII (had since Feb)
Phanteks Eclipse P600S
Seasonic Focus+ 850W

I am running a 32GB kit of the Crucial Ballistix LT (grey heatspreaders p/n ending in AESB, with the B indicating it is a grey colored kit) 3200c16...I'm currently at 3400 c16-17-19 and these post very good CBR20 scores while only with a Wraith Prism and no airflow in the case since my loop is torn down.

I am going to see if I can get 3466 stable, which Ryzen RamCalc says is the highest frequency since this is a dual rank kit. I got a fairly new kit, they were made in Week 7 or 14 (can't remember exactly) of 2019. It came from Amazon.

I've got the same ram coming in, but in 2 individual stick packages. I went white on white, then got an earful from the ball and chain about it being a pro-trump kit. I. Kid. You. Not. 3600 c16 seemed a bridge too far price wise.

I've got the same ram coming in, but in 2 individual stick packages. I went white on white, then got an earful from the ball and chain about it being a pro-trump kit. I. Kid. You. Not. 3600 c16 seemed a bridge too far price wise.

MAGA2020, seriously though, I've been able to hit 16/20/20/20 on those with my x3700

Does that include ram at default? I've found that my 3700x will boost to the rated 4.4ghz as long as my ram is below 3600 (and IF below 1800). Once i set it to 3600/1800 the cores rarely go over 4225, occasionally I get a boost to 4315 but its rare. I'm on a gigabyte x570 aorus pro wifi.

Anyone using the MSI x570 Pro Carbon? Curious what the BIOS options look like for RAM OC.

If the options are there to tweak all of the subtimings, I definitely don't have a need for a more expensive board.

That and I like that MSI has the only boards I can see where the chipset fan wont sit 90% under a dual/triple slot GPU cooler. I mean come on Asus, duh?

Honestly I doubt he ever had intention of getting one. I ordered one from Best Buy and got it today.

So now you're a mindreader? Why would you doubt I intended to get one?

I look on Newegg and Amazon every morning, my man. No joy. Even have autoalerts for Newegg. It pops into stock for like 30 minutes, then gone again. 3900X is more difficult to get than the 3700X and 3800X, which is in stock for longer periods.

I'm not too worried about it, though. My 2700X is fine until it comes in. No need to do more, or resort to the scalpers. I'm patient.

So now you're a mindreader? Why would you doubt I intended to get one?

I look on Newegg and Amazon every morning, my man. No joy. Even have autoalerts for Newegg. It pops into stock for like 30 minutes, then gone again. 3900X is more difficult to get than the 3700X and 3800X, which is in stock for longer periods.

I'm not too worried about it, though. My 2700X is fine until it comes in. No need to do more, or resort to the scalpers. I'm patient.

Best Buy had a week where you could put a pre order in and they would fill when they had inventory. It was on Nowinstock which is why I ordered from them, which has now sold out.

Does that include ram at default? I've found that my 3700x will boost to the rated 4.4ghz as long as my ram is below 3600 (and IF below 1800). Once i set it to 3600/1800 the cores rarely go over 4225, occasionally I get a boost to 4315 but its rare. I'm on a gigabyte x570 aorus pro wifi.

On my Asrock X470 Taichi with 3.46 beta bios, I am still getting 4575MHz boost clocks with my ram at DDR4-3600 and the infinity fabric at 1:1 with ram. *shrug*, I'm not messing with my setup as it appears to be running smoothly.

Back