Post your retro hardware.

Private_Ops

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey, figured it would be nice to see everyones older hardware. Preferably around the Pentium 4 days and back.

I'd post pics of my own but, have no pics; though I do have the specs.

I recently resurrected a 400MHz PII with 256MB RAM, 8GB hard drive, Sound blaster 16, and an ATI Rage Pro.

I may have a 800MHz PIII coming back to life now that I acquired a Voodoo 2 card.

I'll have to track down a camera myself, I've a fair bit of old gaming stuff, pride of place goes to a SNES controller still in it's original plastic wrap : )

Also wanna show off the 1950s era radiotelephone that's going to turn into an SFF PC once I get my dental work paid off : (

My boss brought his 1st computer into the store today.. not sure why. I'd ask but hes out doing an on-site call.

Don't mind the scanner, it was in the way of my moving stuff around and ended up in the pic.

HPIM1748.jpg

Printer and 2 keyboards (got slightly rained on today):

HPIM1749.jpg

I threw out err... recycled my first computer. A Packard Bell Pentium 75 with 8 Megs of RAM! We upgraded to a massive 72MB! (garbage when it was new). Optiplex with a P933 is my server, does that count as retro?

I threw out err... recycled my first computer. A Packard Bell Pentium 75 with 8 Megs of RAM! We upgraded to a massive 72MB! (garbage when it was new). Optiplex with a P933 is my server, does that count as retro?

Yup, both do.

Preferably around the Pentium 4 days and back.

P4 counts as retro now? Geez, and it's my most up-to-date desktop right now :\ Good thing I'm getting a Phenom soon.

Anyway, if I can find them I have some old stuff lying around... 486, Amiga, C64.. I'll see if they turn up :)

My boss brought his 1st computer into the store today.. not sure why. I'd ask but hes out doing an on-site call.
Is that an XT?

One thing about the older gear (and I don't consider anything from the Pentium era to be 'old')... I bet it still works. I think much of today's products have half that reliability.

yup.. that one I just posted above still runs like a tank. The only thing that stopped working was the onboard video. In this day and age, I can't get new computer components to last much longer than 5 to 7 years.. let alone 12+ years like that pentium 1 has.

:D

pcat.jpg

------

Everex system 1800A
4 Mhz Intel 80286 proc with an 80287 NPU
Suntac chipset
1 Mb ram
4 mb HDD
\and the super-deluxe 'amber' monitor....

:p

I have my dad's old 8086 in my basement somewhere. I'll see if I can find it when I get home.

Hmm. My dad just dropped off an old Pentium 133 laptop so that I can nuke it and install Windows 98 on it; I'll have to take some photos of the beast. It's as thick as a phone book and the trackpad is HORRID.

Damn I found this thread too late.

I just got rid of several old pcs including a Zeos panther Pentium 90, a P4 socket 423, a couple of AMD 486x2, pentiums, celerons, slot 1 pentium II and a cyrix cpu.

I still have a working P4 with 1gb rambus memory, I'll take some pics.

Compaq 9232
- 133MHz
- 40MB of EDO RAM (32+8)
- 1.2GB HDD

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Old%20School%20Rig/IMG_0094.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Old%20School%20Rig/IMG_0091.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Old%20School%20Rig/IMG_0090.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Old%20School%20Rig/IMG_0092.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

God, talk about proprietary from hell. Glad you don't see stuff like that anymore.

God, talk about proprietary from hell. Glad you don't see stuff like that anymore.
What's proprietary about it...? That was pretty much standard back in the day. PCI slots (this is one of the earlier ones that came with them), ISA slots, IDE ports, floppy port, EDO memory, socket 7 CPU, motherboard/daughterboard combo, etc.. :confused:

That isn't proprietary. It's the LPX form factor. Very common in those days with towers.

That probably is an Intel 430VX motherboard.

O rly? Didn't know that.

Yep, I have seen that form factor in Compaq and Packard Bell first hand and alot of other manufacturers used them as well.

You could use the same mainboard in all your models..desktops and towers and only change the expansion card to fit your particular case.

Those boards used the old style AT power supplies with the full wall voltage running from the PSU to the switch on the front of the case (back then, fiddling with your puter was actually dangerous :D). You had four wires and you better have plugged them in right!

Oh, and looking at that picture again, that is no Intel board.

Those boards used the old style AT power supplies with the full wall voltage running from the PSU to the switch on the front of the case (back then, fiddling with your puter was actually dangerous :D). You had four wires and you better have plugged them in right!

There was a hole in the carpet from that, but I was able to trim the burnt part out, and it looks no different now... [I was trying to hook up a relay to the wires to make an old AT PSU into an auxiliary PSU]

(back then, fiddling with your puter was actually dangerous :D)

Lol, yea. I found that out the hard way. If I remember correctly I blew the circuit breaker to half the house to as well as a dead PSU, I also fried the power cable I was using (not sure how).

Man did I hate those older Compaq towers with the daughterboard schema. I've still got one of those around here somewhere... Also have a PII Compaq slim client shoved in a closet as well.

I'll have to dig out my proliant server this weekend and take pics. I'll tell ya, I don't miss having to boot from a CD to change the bios settings.

I just tore down a dual p2 proliant, I suddenly realized that it had no use what so ever..

best [486];1033181415 said:
I just tore down a dual p2 proliant, I suddenly realized that it had no use what so ever..

Those passive PIIs? My dual PIII is actively cooled with something like 40mm fans that spin at about 5k rpm. God damn its loud. Tiss why it's in peices and put up at the moment (aside from the fact that I have no use for it).

The only pic of old compys up ATM is this one:

Pentiium 166MMX, I think. a whopping 32MB of RAM, and 2GB harddisk. The only really impressive thing is that it's actually smaller than any of the current EEE PCs(at least in depth).

I've got plenty of old PCs, and non-IBM clones. I suppose I can snap a few. Should I limit it to x86 systems, or throw in Ataris and such too?

The only pic of old compys up ATM is this one:

Pentiium 166MMX, I think. a whopping 32MB of RAM, and 2GB harddisk. The only really impressive thing is that it's actually smaller than any of the current EEE PCs(at least in depth).

I've got plenty of old PCs, and non-IBM clones. I suppose I can snap a few. Should I limit it to x86 systems, or throw in Ataris and such too?

THAT THING IS AWESOME!!

best [486];1033191311 said:
All of them, [zombie] MORE! [/zombie] :D

I'll get some pics of what I can find. I managed to unearth a Commodore 16 (not 64!) while moving stuff today.

Since you all liked the Libretto, here's the first of many replacements beside it(clickable to see a bigger version or see more pics):

Fujitsu Lifeook P1120--Transmeta Crusoe 800MHz (horribly slow), 256MB of RAM (soldered in), 20GB HD in this pic, 8.9" 1024x600 touchscreen. The case ended up damaged in a botched harddisk upgrade, but it's still more or less functional.

I had a bit of an addiction to these for a while, I went through three ultraportables over the course of 2007. The Libretto was the first, the Lifebook was second, and the EEE PC 701 was the last, of that year. Currently on an EEE PC 900(it was 2008 when I got that :p).

Ultraportable family photo (though the last two don't really fit this thread):

(clickable for hi-res of course)

I will get my own pics when I get my camera working again, but, here is what the laptop that I have looks like:

http://www.acersupport.com/notebook/assets/images/e560.jpg[/IMG]

This thing is a real "butte" - it is a Texas Instruments ( Not Acer) Extensa 560CDT and it is OLD, but the design of it is convenient as heck! The keyboard just pops out of the case when you slide these two levers to the left, and you can see the whole belly of the PC from it. Also, almost everything is removable - the Floppy Drive; the Hard Drive; and the Battery and the Floppy Drive can be removed and be replaced with an extended battery!

----------------------------------------
Specs:

- Intel Pentium @ 75 Mhz!
- 8MB of RAM
- 10.4" TFT Display
- 1.2 GB Hard Drive
- 4x CD Drive!
- Windows 95 OS! Brings me Back!

The thing still runs but the battery of it dies, so, it needs to be plugged in. but, I tell you, this thing is solid and it still runs!:cool:

Note from FLECOM: Do not hotlink images, host them yourself

someone gave me an old p2 latpop once, i sold that bad boy for 150 :D hahahaha

I managed to unearth a Commodore 16 (not 64!) while moving stuff today

COOL! I've never heard of a 16 before, though I've heard of the 128 and the 64...

I had a P-133 laptop a while ago, it ran XP reasonably [extremely slow, but I was used to it] the only problem was the 2GB hard drive, I had a 20GB one, but the hard drive was in a acse that changed the connector, it took me a while to figure out the standard 44 pin ide was inside it, but at that time it was already dead....

Back