Post your "rate my cables" here

Updating my post from a while back. Added a scythe mushashi cooler to my 4890 and some blue and green cathodes.

CRW_4209.jpg

Replaced my FN-181 fans with AP181 fans today and was able to clean up the cables slightly.

Tidied up the left side cables a tad bit and made the GPU cables more slim.
IMG_2118.jpg

Installed some more cable clamps and thoughfully routed the cables (instead of just cramming the closest cables in them like before).
IMG_2116.jpg

Needs sleeving! That back panel area that no one is ever going to see looks like multi-color spaghetti! (On a more serious note, well done. Not that routing is particularly difficult with the FT02, it's a good case)

Got my 'Fractal Design Define R2' case today.

Ive ordered 5x Red 120mm LED Fans, and will be getting a new modular psu.

Sorry if images are a bit big.

define9.jpg

define13.jpg

Last edited:
Got my 'Fractal Design Define R2' case today.

Ive ordered 5x Red 120mm LED Fans, and will be getting a new modular psu.

Sorry if images are a bit big.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/3166/define9.jpg
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7956/define13.jpg

Route that 4pin atx-cable behind the motherboard :)

Like this!

(Yes I know that there are no memory modules in the slots, they where out of stock... Also waiting for an X25m SSD....)

This is not mine, it is built for a customer.

_TNA6755-2.jpg

_TNA6757-2.jpg

_TNA6762-2.jpg

Last edited:
My Rigs Cable management I just finished. Some old hardware but it works great for me. Also sorry for the picture quality. I have a pretty bad camera.

P7221022.jpg

P7221021.jpg

P7221023.jpg

Also looking to upgrade to a Corsair h50 in the near future.

very nice and clean, what case is that?

I belive its a Fractal Design Define R2

btw knaSen did you have any problem with the front panel usb headers? some people were complaining that it was incorrectly wired

correct, it's the fractal define r2, pretty cheap case. And it shows, the paint is really sensitive, the plastic parts feel cheap... Though the sound dampening mats feels like good quality, heavy. adds a lot of weight to the case.

I got a replacementcable with the case, I forgot to replace it for the customer... We'll see if he comes back. There was also a note included that said they had some issues with some (seems as though not all?) of the cases... I saved the cable if he comes back. They even gave a 120mm for free due to the problem.

Seems though this case have had a lot of issues since launch, first the glue didn't hold the mats in the case, so they where all over the place... Also the case is not properly packed, we recieved one that was damaged in it's box. Broken front, bent screws (in the back) etc. This one just had one bent screw.

From where? NCIX was stocking them a month ago.

NCIX is out of stock. Fractal is releasing the R3 soon-ish, which should hopefully address the quality issues that people have been experiencing. This case layout and design are exactly what I want, so hopefully newegg carries the R3.

** Photobucket bandwidth exceeded so all imagens goes to ImageShack **

Well .. after 07 months with the PC stopped because of the renovation (actually just to build 03 more rooms in the upper house) now the pc got a room just for him, and no longer bothers the wife in the early morning game nor the newly arrived daughter who is a joy!

The PC before:

DSCN0293.jpg

DSCN0312.jpg

New toys:
2233RZ:

L226WT to par with what I had:

New fans and a GT210 for secondary monitors:

Mousepad new because the old one was too small:

Intel SSDs 40GB to RAID0 for a system and games:

HDMI cable for the T240M:

APC1500 new to do pair with the old couple who won a new battery:

New Webcam:

Modification "ghetto" at the top of Stacker to place a fan above, as the Enermax Dxx not allowed to use the one that cames with the case:

Inside the case with everything ready:

Back with three VGAs:

Tests of performance / stability:

Room with everything ready, but there are still speakers best (albeit with the baby at home does not even roll loud sound), pictures and some furniture for decoration (slightly more comfortable than the old corner: D):

With more updates / changes will posting.
Thank you and sorry for so many pictures.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here is a side view, the bottom makes the cable management look insane:

BUT, it's the cable clamps the thing came with. Again, even though it looks crazy, they are held in place and not obstructing airflow. It looks a lot better in person, but I'd still like to cover it up possibly.

Last edited:
First Time poster. Long time lurker.

Built a new PC yesterday. Only put about 30 minutes into the cable management. I plan to do more soon.

4860827971_ef95227dc3_b.jpg

3517248276_7be5be37d1_z.jpg

NCIX is out of stock. Fractal is releasing the R3 soon-ish, which should hopefully address the quality issues that people have been experiencing. This case layout and design are exactly what I want, so hopefully newegg carries the R3.

I'm looking at getting the R3 as well. It'll be good that they ironed out the kinks with the R2. It'll be for my server. How expensive would shipping be if NCIX is the only company to carry it?

i7 870 is a very wild beast to tame.

low 40's in idle, mid 80's in full blown :)

Yeah it is, but that's not bad for those temps and that's a beautiful setup. I to have a lian li but full tower and the custom side panel. I have a tall heatsink, though, so 2 fans won't fit, only the lower one will..

EDIT: How do you like that fan controller?

Last edited:
i7 870 is a very wild beast to tame.

low 40's in idle, mid 80's in full blown :)

not to sound like a jerk but its the H50 that's the issue. I had one and I can attest to the fact that it will struggle with an overclocked i7. If you want to see your temps drop by 10c+ get a Megahalems, Ven-x or an NH-D14. You can probably sell your H50 for like $60 shipped on the forums.

while I am here I guess I will play:

here's mine:

dsc04020m.jpg

^^ You've changed your cooler so many times, Megahelems, H50, Zalman Reservator, etc. do you have a hole cut out behind the motherboard on the backplate?

^^ You've changed your cooler so many times, Megahelems, H50, Zalman Reservator, etc. do you have a hole cut out behind the motherboard on the backplate?

lol yeah I do have a cut out behind the mobo. makes it so much easier to mess around with different cooling devices (I have kind of have a fetish for CPU coolers :eek:). Probably one of the most useful "mods" for any case that doesn't have a cut out for the CPU bracket.

in the last 6 months:

Noctua NH-UP12
Corsair H50
Prolimatech Megahalems (best by a mile)
Zalman Reserator
OCZ Vendetta 2

Planning on trying out the Noctua NH-D14 and Zalman H70 within the next few months as well. Would be nice if one of them could dethrone the Mega.

Here is a pic of the cut out

dsc03974.jpg

lol yeah I do have a cut out behind the mobo. makes it so much easier to mess around with different cooling devices (I have kind of have a fetish for CPU coolers :eek:). Probably one of the most useful "mods" for any case that doesn't have a cut out for the CPU bracket.

in the last 6 months:

Noctua NH-UP12
Corsair H50
Prolimatech Megahalems (best by a mile)
Zalman Reserator
OCZ Vendetta 2

Planning on trying out the Noctua NH-D14 and Zalman H70 within the next few months as well. Would be nice if one of them could dethrone the Mega.

Here is a pic of the cut out

Oh hmm. I thought about putting my SSD behind the motherboard plate too but wasn't sure how the side cover was going to fit with the cables. At least that gives me an idea although I'd rather not have to use another connector :X. And I see you did actually run a couple of cables through the backplate. I never did like how they made the cuts in the back. Nice scotch tape and black tape :p

not to sound like a jerk but its the H50 that's the issue.

I definitely think so.

I have done tons of Google-Fung and found out that i7 860/870 are the wildest beasts to tame in terms of temp. They are notoriously high temp in OC (I had a 860 and the temp was freaking high as well) unless if they dive under water :)

Last edited:
jojodancer; that is one beast of a machine! I am slightly jealous

haadij404; I am impressed at your cable management I have an A05 and it's nowhere near as nice as that. Good job!

@IronRuler, 5.5/10. I've seen much worse. If you had a modular PSU, I'm sure cable management would be much easier.

Here's mine:

p1020695.jpg

Lian Li A05NB

Did some more management and minor changes like aluminum covers on the inside of the 5.25" bays.

a05n1.jpg

a05n5.jpg

psuexhaust.jpg

^^-- note the paperclip "managing" the PSU cable :)

Last edited:
Back