Post your "rate my cables" here

Got a question for ya, how difficult was it doing cable management on the Antec 300? I just got one for my new build and at my first look, seems like it could be somewhat annoying.

It's not too bad as long as you have a Power Supply with decently long cables. There is enough space between the motherboard and tray to run a few cables like the front panel headers. Then there is quite a bit of space under the Power Supply, which is enough if you need to run a cable to the back. The rest should just be able to go into the space beside the drive bays. Just get a load of cable ties and a bit of patience and it isn't too hard.

pqQgL.png

i have an account. but cant remember my password and their password recovery email fails to get to me. and i'm too lazy to make another so i used tinypic

Just built up a new rig when I switched to Windows 7. This is the first time I've made any effort to hide some of the cables, so my work is definitely not up to the standards of the some the wizards I've seen here. Still, I'm quite happy with the way it turned out. Of course, the back panel..... no one is allowed to see back there. There be tygers back there.

(the 4890 with Accelero is temporary until I can get my hands on a pair of Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X cards)

computer03.jpg

I have the same case, and unfortunately the same bulge of wires behind that opposite panel, but the case does hide them well =).

Edit*
Here is my baby, before you ask;

Yes, the bottom fan has fan grills to hold back the wire jungle around it.
Yes, I know the clips aren't installed correctly on my CPU fan, but the holes that they should go into are a solid channel instead, and the fan is great so as long as it holds =P

IMG_08091.jpg

Last edited:
Just built up a new rig when I switched to Windows 7. This is the first time I've made any effort to hide some of the cables, so my work is definitely not up to the standards of the some the wizards I've seen here. Still, I'm quite happy with the way it turned out. Of course, the back panel..... no one is allowed to see back there. There be tygers back there.

(the 4890 with Accelero is temporary until I can get my hands on a pair of Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X cards)

*snip*

How silent is your rig? im guessing the 4890 is the loudest thing.

board2death986: have you tried to put the cpu fan on the other side in a push configuration? should yield better temps...

board2death986: have you tried to put the cpu fan on the other side in a push configuration? should yield better temps...

Generally, pull will yield better temps than push config, and of course push-pull is preferable. This is from watercooling experience.

Generally, pull will yield better temps than push config, and of course push-pull is preferable. This is from watercooling experience.

And it applies only to watercooling (=radiators). Why ? Well, look at that cooler. Where do you think is the air coming to the fan ? Part of it comes from between cooler fins, right. But most of it will come from around the cooler, and not through it. Compare that to rad, where air have just one way to get to your fan - through the radiator. This means that for fan without covered sides the fan gets non-directed air.

On other side, fan put in push configuration is producing a directed airflow, exactly through most of the cooler, even without the side covers.

That's why push is prefered to pull.

And with that exhaust fan on the rear there, there will be a certain push-pull effect in itself, even without a duct :)

Different coolers needs different fans and fan configurations, thats just how it is.

Please excuse the crappy iphone pic of the water cooled rig.

The water cooling did not make it through my upgrade as there is no way the components were going to be able to keep up with an i7 or a 4890.

I love the look of my P160 but the cable management features are nonexistent and the 800D or ATCS 840 are calling my name. Needless to say, I am getting the upgrade itch.

Then:
photo.jpg

Now:

DSC01691.jpg

DSC01711.jpg

DSC01712.jpg

DSC01715.jpg

Whats the go with the videocard? it sorta looks like it's drooping alot :confused:

How silent is your rig? im guessing the 4890 is the loudest thing.

Yeah, it's pretty damn quiet. I wouldn't call it silent, but it's certainly something you don't really notice unless you make an effort to listen for it. I didn't have a spare Noctua for the bottom compartment, so I used a spare 1100rpm Gentle Typhoon I had. It's either that or the 4890 that's the loudest thing in the case, but yeah, pretty damn quiet overall.

heres my updated pc. new mobo and reoriented my h50

case020.jpg

anything to improve shy of sleeving my cables?

7/10, it looks fine, you could shorten the psu cables so there would be no extra cable for the hd area. Also what happened to your old motherboard?

thanks. also there any no extra cables in the hdd area. each sata power cable has two connections on it. the bottom hdd is connected to the hdd under the optical drive and the second hdd is connected to the optical drive. kinda hard to see in the pic but it is the cleanest i could get it.

About the mobo; nothing wrong with the old I just got an awesome deal on the rampage that I couldn't refuse.

thanks. also there any no extra cables in the hdd area. each sata power cable has two connections on it. the bottom hdd is connected to the hdd under the optical drive and the second hdd is connected to the optical drive. kinda hard to see in the pic but it is the cleanest i could get it.

About the mobo; nothing wrong with the old I just got an awesome deal on the rampage that I couldn't refuse.

Oh ok. As for the cable thing, I meant extra cable as in length wise.

My new fileserver in Fractal Design Define R2 case :
fractalinside.png

I know, it is not the best, but unfortunately Gigabyte insists on stupid front audio panel conector position :).

And here is the desktop with TRUE 120 Black back (thanks god for S1156 kit, the box cooler was killing me) and with T-Rad2 on HD5870. I like how the fan is exactly few mm after the memory cooler fins :D.
5870tradincase.jpg

casedetail.jpg

Back