Post your "rate my cables" here

Here are pics from the wiring job I just finished. It's my 1st time at it, so on a scale of 1 to 10 how does it rate? 1=what wiring job?, 10=what cables?

P.S. Yes, it is an updated version of my earlier post.

cables004.jpg

cables003.jpg

cables002.jpg

cables001.jpg

Meh, my Antec P160. First try at cable management. Flame on.

Exterior:
img1704ua0.jpg

Exterior Showing my 1337 Lighting(Didnt want to over do it)
img1708nk8.jpg

Mobo view
img1720gs0.jpg

Hard drive rack(w/ flash)
img1723pg4.jpg

Interior
img1734fc8.jpg

Close-up
img1736wf9.jpg

What I have is a mess here. Going to update this soon. Ordered a nibbler to cut some paths for some wires. A few UV lights/sleeving for the un-hidable wires.

mycomputervc1.jpg

Meh, my Antec P160. First try at cable management. Flame on.

Exterior:

Exterior Showing my 1337 Lighting(Didnt want to over do it)

Mobo view

Hard drive rack(w/ flash)

Interior

Close-up

Nice job there. The "tubing" that you used for the front panel controls is nice. Different approach from what I used.

Here's how I did mine

http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1029468676&postcount=2

This was the final product:

g33z11.jpg

and one just because I love how it looked at this angle:

g33z16.jpg

too bad I gave that case away. I really liked the old girl...

Nice case indeed...and I love the look of the Zalman trio g33zy...very nice. :cool:

Gah...I really need to set aside time to cut up my case and get some painting done.

dont flame me on my wire mangement. It's a coolermaster centurion 5 and it has to be one of the hardest cases to hide wires in. So here it is:

pictures001ai6.jpg

pictures002jo8.jpg

picturesoo3.jpg

Look at my sexeh rig!!! Ya baby! This was in testing phase. and I dont have my lights in there yet!

DSC05865.JPG

Here is the 99% finished version.....

DSC06984.jpg

DSC06991.jpg

DSC06981.jpg

DSC06986.jpg

I made a false foor and a false wall next to the mobo to hide all the wires.....and the thin vertical false wall next to the drive tower hides a ccfl.

g33zy: that looks great

amd rules: i agree the c5 is hard to hide wires in cause its a small case (i had one but it was too tight

gobygoby: that looks a lot better, if you wanted to hide those sata cables more (i realize their uv and if you gota show cables they might as well look cool) you could drop them behind the board and have them come out the bottom, then all you would see for the most part would b ur water tubes

g33zy: that looks great

amd rules: i agree the c5 is hard to hide wires in cause its a small case (i had one but it was too tight

gobygoby: that looks a lot better, if you wanted to hide those sata cables more (i realize their uv and if you gota show cables they might as well look cool) you could drop them behind the board and have them come out the bottom, then all you would see for the most part would b ur water tubes

The sata cables are the last thing I have to work on. I am gfoing to make them go straight up instead of how they are now...

ps. they are el sata, not UV.:p

Heres mine, It took me 2 hours to do this....i know not the best, but it ws pretty good for the case and room i had to work with, another reason why i don't like Mid towers, also the night before me n my dad cut a whole in a 3.25bay cover for my light switch ;)
0226001vn4.jpg

0226003cb6.jpg

0226005qh9.jpg

0226006je2.jpg

0226004mx3.jpg

0226007qa1.jpg

0226008rn6.jpg

Dusty :p
0226009mz5.jpg

0226010qc7.jpg

Tips? planning on getting muchh MUCCHCH bigger Case the big ole chenming Server 6 5.25 bay case

dont flame me on my wire mangement. It's a coolermaster centurion 5 and it has to be one of the hardest cases to hide wires in. So here it is:

[IMG]http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/1061/pictures001ai6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2417/pictures002jo8.jpg[/IMG]

[img]http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9194/picturesoo3.jpg[/img]

Its really not too hard, i just redid mine tonight, i took up the power cables beside the PSU where the stand comes out. Heres a pic of mine, still not the greatest.

another reason why i don't like Mid towers

It comPLETELY depends on what specific case you're talking about, in a lot of situations wires management is actually much more difficult because of all the space. I prefer midtowers as they offer much more direct wiring scenarios...I simply can't stand having to bridge a huge space AND keep the wires either out of sight or arranged nicely.

There are too many mid tower cases out there that are built so half a$$ed that they're given a bad name, but choose your case right and (in most situations) you couldn't be in a better position.

Here is the 99% finished version.....

I made a false foor and a false wall next to the mobo to hide all the wires.....and the thin vertical false wall next to the drive tower hides a ccfl.

How did you mount the false walls/floor? I was thinking about doing something similar in my tt armor. . . i've been thinking about doing a lot with mine actually. . . haven't gotten around to it yet. . haha

Roguetrip: I hope you are DEFINATLY going to be buying a quality psu.. Really. Such nice components, such bad psu.

AMD RULES: Pro tip: on the psu 'shelf', there's a small gap. depending on how thick the cables are, you could easily slip one, or two molex leads through there. Also, drill a 1" hole about 1" forward of the front of the psu. Very, very useful. As for the lower front connectors, route them behind the mobo, above the last standoff, so it's completely disguised. Feed the rest of the slack back through the bezel, so it's between the case and the bezel. And, there's enough room to reverse the drives, so the connectors are in the front. Barely, but easier if you use 90 degree plugs.

Roguetrip: I hope you are DEFINATLY going to be buying a quality psu.. Really. Such nice components, such bad psu.

Everyone bashes this PSU, dunno why, I bought it back on 10/17/2004, i resoldered the board shortly after and been using ever since with no problems, and voltage is within spec. I know about the horror stories but if you just resolder it before they become a problem (lots of cold solder joints will happen) then there won't be a problem, also rebuilt the 120mm fan on it a year ago with some air tool oil and its been running great!

RogueTrip, that is true, but i also have one more hdd than you, and my psu has very long cables with a lot of connections so it makes it a challenge :D

Here is my cabling job going to update my board to ASUS Striker Extreme soon. Tell me what you think.

InsideAfter.jpg

CloseUpAfter.jpg

Everyone bashes this PSU, dunno why, I bought it back on 10/17/2004, i resoldered the board shortly after and been using ever since with no problems, and voltage is within spec. I know about the horror stories but if you just resolder it before they become a problem (lots of cold solder joints will happen) then there won't be a problem, also rebuilt the 120mm fan on it a year ago with some air tool oil and its been running great!

From the man himself:
http://www.jonnyguru.com/PSU/Assassin/Powmax_Assassin.html
http://www.slcentral.com/powmax-demon-580w-psu/

The guts lack substance. Doesn't do even 300w properly, .69 pf, 72% efficiency..

And in case you were wondering, POWMAX stands for :

POW! - as in the noise your power supply will make as it dies.
MAXimum - amount of collateral damage caused by your exploding power supply.
:p

Other than that .. nice setup, OP. Centurions are sexy.

From the man himself:
http://www.jonnyguru.com/PSU/Assassin/Powmax_Assassin.html
http://www.slcentral.com/powmax-demon-580w-psu/

The guts lack substance. Doesn't do even 300w properly, .69 pf, 72% efficiency..

Such a sad sad power supply...I shake my head at anyone who entrusts any half decent system to such a completely failure of manufacturing and design. Maybe it was built to be sub-par...I dunno, but the day I trust a system like that to such a bad PSU is the day I renounce my passion to overclock.

Here's my new rig inside the Tsunami. Aside from the disappointingly short cables on the Seasonic S12 and the silly IDE placement, I think it came out rather well.

overview_slight_front_8x6.jpg

The sata cables are the last thing I have to work on. I am gfoing to make them go straight up instead of how they are now...

ps. they are el sata, not UV.:p

Build yourself some acrylic wire spacers. Think "spark plug wires" in a performance hot rod, a UV reactive translucent acrylic set of cable spacers would look SWEET!!!

Nice job!

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/1061/pictures001ai6.jpg

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2417/pictures002jo8.jpg

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9194/picturesoo3.jpg
Lupine, that I built for my wifey... was a Cent 5. With some minor cutting to the case frame, a few feet of electrical wire and some 90 degree molexes, you *can* clean up the internals on a Cent 5.

I have the cables routed behind the mobo tray and behind the 5.25 bays. I have a custom power cable that I built that attaches to the hard drive nad the optical drive.

Granted you have more "drives", but the premise is the same.

Turn the SATA drives around and back feed the connectors. If there is not enough space, make a hole! ;)

MOD IT!

Keep up the excellent work!

Various internal shots:
final_internal.jpg

final_internal2.jpg

final_internal3.jpg

This is one of my favorite shots...
final_internal4.jpg

frontbay_acrylic12.jpg

Lupine, that I built for my wifey... was a Cent 5. With some minor cutting to the case frame, a few feet of electrical wire and some 90 degree molexes, you *can* clean up the internals on a Cent 5.

I have the cables routed behind the mobo tray and behind the 5.25 bays. I have a custom power cable that I built that attaches to the hard drive nad the optical drive.

Granted you have more "drives", but the premise is the same.

Turn the SATA drives around and back feed the connectors. If there is not enough space, make a hole! ;)

MOD IT!

Keep up the excellent work!

Various internal shots:

This is one of my favorite shots...

Post some pictures that show in the interaction between the wires and the drives, all you shots exclude your drives, where the wiring is the hardest! :)

I like it though!

Heres my Stacker. Any opinions or suggestions?
DSC00190.jpg

@Tech-Daddy - I really like that. Where did you get those coils that go over your cable?

Heres my Stacker. Any opinions or suggestions?
DSC00190.jpg

@Tech-Daddy - I really like that. Where did you get those coils that go over your cable?

I'd say that SATA cable looks long enough, you can flip that drive around the other way and route the cable differently.

Those white cables (USB, right?) could also use re-thinking, but beyond this, looks generally clean to me.

Back