Post your "rate my cables" here

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
you could also run the 20pin and 4 pin mobo connectors around the xp90 upwards, it would look better imo.
xp90? you must mean si97 :D

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
you could space your two optical drives farther apart and then fold the cable up in between them, and using flat ide cables could help you ALOT, they are really easy to hide and easier to work with then those huge bulky antec cables.

you could also run the 20pin and 4 pin mobo connectors around the xp90 upwards, it would look better imo.
Per suggestion
2drtjpi.jpg

40a589x.jpg

:) Thanks bud! I never thought that optical drive trick would work as well as it has. Looks much better I think.

N H O said:
xp90? you must mean si97 :D

N H O, Yes I think he does ;) One hell of a cooler in it's prime.

JDM-Y0- said:
Does my Sh!t not look good? :( :( :confused: :confused:
you gotta push it harder so that the vtec can kick in y0!

lol, j/k, you gotta take some more pics. That crooked side angle cut off pic ain't showin us much.

g33zy said:
you gotta push it harder so that the vtec can kick in y0!

lol, j/k, you gotta take some more pics. That crooked side angle cut off pic ain't showin us much.

haha, Will do! lol :)

K series.

But, try folding the cables onto themselves at a 90 degree angle, then plugging them in, so the majority of the cables are flat against the mobo tray. If it's not long enough, try moving boty bays down one slot.

It's already looking way better.

JDM-Y0- said:
Does my Sh!t not look good? :( :( :confused: :confused:

spin the hard drive around too. and pull the ATX cable thru the back a lil more so even less is popped out. and yes great job. straight on shot kthx

This is where Im at currently but Im getting ready to tear this apart and redo it in order to install a new cpu cooler. This was my first time trying to wire a system up proper and it took me awhile without any major case mods, but I enjoyed it and am looking forward to doing it again soon. I will mention that I intentionally left the main psu cable visible as it added to the theme of the case and did not impeed airflow. ;)

Ammo-5332.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Here is a pic of my cable managment in my Thermaltake armor. I only wish I could hide the round cables.

heh, thats funny. I actually found it on perf-pcs. I don't know why I went to frozen to see it.

i'm using two of those ac ryan cables in my v1200b. they are definitely worth the money in my opinion. i wish i had bought them much earlier.

Bathazar said:
Picture017.jpg

Here is a pic of my cable managment in my Thermaltake armor. I only wish I could hide the round cables.

your case is pretty clean dude, I have my armor in about 15 different pieces. Need to paint the inside of your case black

case3.jpg

case4.jpg

I can't put anything behind the mobo (just a little fun fact)

Let me know what I can improve on.

I can't even hate on the case, it looks awesome.

The wires that you have showing can be hidden, just get a little creative and try some different routes. Most of the major wires are sleeved already so you don't have to go too crazy with that.

The only wire thats really bothering me is the fan wire, looks like it could be the wire for the GPU fan. If you want to do something to hide it a little better, plug it into that fan header right above the card. I have the same mobo and use the zalman gpu coolers and plug it into the 3 pin connector on the mobo. Just bunch up and zip tie them as short as possible and plug it right in there.

g33zy said:
I can't even hate on the case, it looks awesome.

The wires that you have showing can be hidden, just get a little creative and try some different routes. Most of the major wires are sleeved already so you don't have to go too crazy with that.

The only wire thats really bothering me is the fan wire, looks like it could be the wire for the GPU fan. If you want to do something to hide it a little better, plug it into that fan header right above the card. I have the same mobo and use the zalman gpu coolers and plug it into the 3 pin connector on the mobo. Just bunch up and zip tie them as short as possible and plug it right in there.
What do you mean? I found only one, to plug the HSF into, but where can I plug the GPU HSF into? Can you give me a hand? I had to do that because I plugged it in with the 120 exhaust fan in the back.

That's bothering me too. What I wanted to do is possibly sleeve the front connections (led lights, hdd, etc.), and maybe the USB and FW, only thing that went wrong is the plugged the USB -> FW and opposite with the FW. It sparked and I turned off the PSU. Hopefully after I reformat it works :|

Did you mean plugging the Zalman Power Connector from Power Supply to Fan into the molex connecter on the mobo and doing it that way? Or another way? :|

hybrid.09 said:
Did you mean plugging the Zalman Power Connector from Power Supply to Fan into the molex connecter on the mobo and doing it that way? Or another way? :|

Like this:

zalman001rp4.jpg

zalman002jk3.jpg

Straight into the mobo. Throw the Zalman dongle thing out.

Can you show me a better pic, or circle where?

I needed the dongle because I have a ZALMAN 120mm exhaust fan that needs that dongle, then the GPU fan, and in front, both fans need that :(

Please circle where to put it in for me.

Thanks.

Plug the rear 120mm exhaust into your power supply. Plug the Zalman into a 3pin header on your motherboard (just like I did in the pic above)

Oh my god. I just took a picture, then saw the most obvious thing in the world

img5210hs3.jpg

I plugged in the CPU fan into the wrong port, so I guess I'll have to switch it around.

Thanks for your help :) (and me being an idiot)

LOL.

Plug your CPU fan into the correct port, and plug the Zalman into where the CPU fan used to be plugged in.

Yeah dude. It was 12 am and very dark when I put this PC together, so shhhhhhhhhhhh

lol :D

i was just wondering.. when i was putting it together. im like "WHY THE hell doesnt this reach" LOL now i know why :eek:

HOLY JESUS. Now i nicknamed it loud and proud.

that just made the intake fan push air like a beast, and the gpu fan pull air so well.

How do I tone it down a notch?

Leave it blasted :D

No seriously though, you should be able to regulate the voltage going to the motherboard headers either by Asus software or through BIOS. That'll slow the fans down.

a round of applause! yep geezy will be pleased with your work :D

there is nothing like the full black interior to help with any wiring. points of note:
- well done with the video card connector. thats how you do it right!
- good job re wrapping the pc and vga HSF wires
- really wish you would remove the screw at top right corner of mobo and finish tucking that vga cable under the mobo

aaaand thats about it for now

Okay, fixed the video card power cable :) And I fixed up the cables at the front panel fans, hiding them under the drive bay, also fixed the IDE cable a bit, I wanted to but the SATA under the motherboard, then around behind the IDE cable, but I'm not sure it'll fit.

Here it is now :)

IMG_5235.jpg

Looks great dude! 9/10.

Maybe remove those asus flaps from the IDE cables to make them look more sleek?

m3ta1head said:
Looks great dude! 9/10.

Maybe remove those asus flaps from the IDE cables to make them look more sleek?

qft! and while you are at it: you can put some tape to cover up the rest of the non sleeved portion of your ATX power cable. yep, really black out the case.

Back