Post your pc screen shots!

WallPH.jpg

here's mine...I'm running dual 2405's.....the pic on the right is my Dog..and the one on the left is in my dreamz :)~

Time to break the tables even more :p

Heres my desktop with random shit on it:

desktop1.jpg

And heres the obligatory desktop of THE FUTURE shot:

desktopOFTHEFUTURE.jpg

Dual-display setup running with xgl on ubuntu. Been fiddling with it all night :eek:

Actually there is a program out there that allows you to do what you have done in your "desktop of the future pic". I sure as hell can't remember the name of it right now, but it allows the user to rotate to a different desktop without logging into a different user account or exiting any running programs, and it does it with a 2D look so you get the illusion of a box rotating inside your monitor.

Pagan Wizard said:
Actually there is a program out there that allows you to do what you have done in your "desktop of the future pic". I sure as hell can't remember the name of it right now, but it allows the user to rotate to a different desktop without logging into a different user account or exiting any running programs, and it does it with a 2D look so you get the illusion of a box rotating inside your monitor.

PWNTED

Pagan Wizard said:

Are you talking about one of Microsofts Power Toys called virtual desktop manager?

Virtual Desktop Manager

Manage up to four desktops from the Windows taskbar with this PowerToy.

DL Link

wiretap said:
Anyone willing to try this out or have any experience?? It looks freakin sweet. I heard about it on TechTV once. Its a 3D desktop replacement shell or something.

http://www.spheresite.com/
feature.jpg

Thank you wiretap. This is exactly what I was refering to before some ass puppet decided to very childishly use the "I'm too stupid to speak in common english, so I'll just speak in text message lingo that is supposed to mean something while looking absolutely retarded" phrase of "PWNTED"......whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean. :rolleyes:

I have used SphereXP and I will tell you it is Awful. Personal Experience leads me to say that at least. If anything it reduced my ability to work rather than enhance it. Its a nice notion (3d desktops and all) but I find them hard to use, and sphereXP was bad. Besides it was a resource hog.

Pagan Wizard said:
Thank you wiretap. This is exactly what I was refering to before some ass puppet decided to very childishly use the "I'm too stupid to speak in common english, so I'll just speak in text message lingo that is supposed to mean something while looking absolutely retarded" phrase of "PWNTED"......whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean. :rolleyes:

lol get over yourself

Pagan Wizard said:

I'm probably just misunderstanding you, but I didn't photoshop that. It's xgl and compiz under ubuntu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuW9SiA8hNo

Currently downloading ubuntu, could you PM me on help with the compiz and XGL parts.
Cheers ;)

On the same note, here are a couple of screens demonstrating xgl on my suse 10.1 installation:

The infamous desktop cube and transparency:

The wavy windows:

And the ever useful zoom feature:

Back