Post your oc with Vapo LS/MachII+ s939 and BH5 or Tccd

centvalny said:
do you think lcd is ok for gaming?

You have to understand that I do very little gaming, and the little that I DO isn't for extended periods of time. I have VERY un-picky eyes.....and I have a really hard time picking up on ghosting in FPS games even on 16ms screens....so I'm not worried at all about a 12ms. Besides....I'm working to make my rig a little more portable.....and I've got something under wraps right now that I'm planning that I don't think I've ever seen done before.....something that WILL turn some heads......so I'm not really sure 100% about the LCD, but I'm concentrating a little more on this "other thing" right now. ;)

W00T........I am........a [H]ardForum Junkie!!!

Just get it from somewhere where you can return without restocking fee. See if you like it. Return it. Buy it online :)
For me it works well with VP201B. Could be better but it's much easier on my eye for 90% of time vs CRT :) (And I play game like 40% of time I am on the main comp)

jinu117 said:
Just get it from somewhere where you can return without restocking fee. See if you like it. Return it. Buy it online :)
For me it works well with VP201B. Could be better but it's much easier on my eye for 90% of time vs CRT :) (And I play game like 40% of time I am on the main comp)

Yeah, I agree, except I only play games on the comp about 15% of the time I'm on it. ;)

I've got a friend who just bought the 710T...the DVI capable version of the 710N. I'm gonna go over to his place and flip it from DVI to VGA a few times to see if I can honestly notice enough of a difference to warrant spending the extra $130.

cornelious0_0 said:
Yeah, I agree, except I only play games on the comp about 15% of the time I'm on it. ;)

I've got a friend who just bought the 710T...the DVI capable version of the 710N. I'm gonna go over to his place and flip it from DVI to VGA a few times to see if I can honestly notice enough of a difference to warrant spending the extra $130.

DVI to VGA to me is world of difference... Maybe that is what made such drastic jump in clarity for me in this VP201B from Mitsubishi 22" Diamond Plus 200. My wife's 17" $200 16ms LCD (only analogue) doesn't look nearly as crisp as mine does even with nice VGA cable. (Saw similar model with DVI and that one's clarity is much better than my wife's)

jinu117 said:
DVI to VGA to me is world of difference... Maybe that is what made such drastic jump in clarity for me in this VP201B from Mitsubishi 22" Diamond Plus 200. My wife's 17" $200 16ms LCD (only analogue) doesn't look nearly as crisp as mine does even with nice VGA cable. (Saw similar model with DVI and that one's clarity is much better than my wife's)

Well, as if I hadn't already taken this thread far enough off topic.....I'm still gonna wait until I see my friends 710T running on DVI and VGA back and forth so that I can make the decision if my eyes can see enough of a difference to warrant spending the extra $130 or so.....as my eyes aren't the pickiest in the world, and as long as the ghosting is just as un-noticable ont he 710N I'll be happy.

Ahaha... let's get back to topic than shall we?
I changed mobo to Giga K8NS Ultra on a whim (This neo2 started showing strange soon to die symptons... another RMA I guess).
Working charmingly well with everything I got. Oh did I tell you guys my Mach II is finally modified with baker evap block? Evap temp is -69 to -65 (idle to fully loaded priming @ 1.9v about 2.9ghz) CPU temp is about 20c to 30c higher than evap temp on report based on how much heat it is putting out. I believe I have the one of the most powerful mach II around atm :)
With this mobo and 3500+ newcastle I am getting stable 2.88ghz with 1.72 v-core. This mobo won't let me go higher v-core without mod (which I am searching for atm). I see some promise of 3ghz priming with about 1.82-1.85v :)
FX-55 won't be back in my hand for another 4-5 days to really show nice result though... sigh.

(BTW, memory running currently is OCZ VX @ 260 2-2-2-5 1T. TCCD runs well with board too but since I am stuck around 260mhz until v-mod using VX atm :) Tried pair of 256mb BH-5 @ 260 2-2-2-5 which worked fine as well but I need the gig to game with :)

jinu117 said:
I changed mobo to Giga K8NS Ultra on a whim (This neo2 started showing strange soon to die symptons... another RMA I guess).
Working charmingly well with everything I got. Oh did I tell you guys my Mach II is finally modified with baker evap block? Evap temp is -69 to -65 (idle to fully loaded priming @ 1.9v about 2.9ghz) CPU temp is about 20c to 30c higher than evap temp on report based on how much heat it is putting out. I believe I have the one of the most powerful mach II around atm :)
With this mobo and 3500+ newcastle I am getting stable 2.88ghz with 1.72 v-core. This mobo won't let me go higher v-core without mod (which I am searching for atm). I see some promise of 3ghz priming with about 1.82-1.85v :)
FX-55 won't be back in my hand for another 4-5 days to really show nice result though... sigh.

(BTW, memory running currently is OCZ VX @ 260 2-2-2-5 1T. TCCD runs well with board too but since I am stuck around 260mhz until v-mod using VX atm :) Tried pair of 256mb BH-5 @ 260 2-2-2-5 which worked fine as well but I need the gig to game with :)

Very nice temps and clocks on your VX bro.

Any links to where you can actually pick up some VX atm....I haven't seen it around too much, but i'm VERY interested in grabbing some up. ATM It looks like I'll be picking up some BH6 pretty soon that I'll have up around your clocks at 2-2-2-5.....but I'd still be very interested in trying out some VX.

jinu117 said:

Are those temps using the mach II sensor? What refrigerant are you using?

Question for centvalny and James Earl Ray:

Are you guys running these setups 24/7 or are these for screencaps only? Honest question, as I'd love to sit down at one and to some encoding/editing and just be blown away by the speed.

mwarps said:

Are you guys running these setups 24/7 or are these for screencaps only? Honest question, as I'd love to sit down at one and to some encoding/editing and just be blown away by the speed.

A lot of people do run setups like those/these 24/7.....just maybe not to the same extent. If you hook up a Vapo and go through all the regular 24hour Prime testing to max out your overclock you should be fine. Higher clocks/voltages are usually only sustained for smaller periods of time though....but I'll let James and Cent field this one in regards to their particular setups.

The main problem with running a phase-change 24-7 is condensation. It is very challenging to perfectly insulate the evaporator/suction line.

cornelious0_0 said:
Very nice temps and clocks on your VX bro.

Any links to where you can actually pick up some VX atm....I haven't seen it around too much, but i'm VERY interested in grabbing some up. ATM It looks like I'll be picking up some BH6 pretty soon that I'll have up around your clocks at 2-2-2-5.....but I'd still be very interested in trying out some VX.

Within few days, I will get my VX I loaned to my friend back and probably will sell a pair :)
Thes 4 sticks are handpicked by me out of 10 sticks that passed through me lol. (mucho RMA with OCZ)
Will let you know.

As for 24/7 I never post my speed other than 24/7 setup on my sig. Right now this 3500+ isn't as good and only 100% stable @ 2.93ghz. Could raise volt up higher but choosing not to while waiting for my FX-55 to get back :)
1.9v @ 2.93ghz showing my evap loaded temp -62c tops. -69 to -70c idle temp. Gas is R404 charged by Frank. (xtwerkz.com) as well as baker evap mod done by him. Using gigabyte let me be able to see temp which goes between 196 to 232 depending on load. (that translates to -59 to -23c cpu temp) which sounds reasonable to me.
I wasn't kidding when I said I think I have one of the coolest running mach II :p Gas is slightly overcharged for a little more capacity around same temp than what I was able to test so far but I think FX-55 3.2ghz 1.8v would use same heat as now. If there is no collapsing point even 3.4-3.5ghz with higher volt should be still be sub zero on cpu die temp :) (I am expecting evap temp around -55 or so loaded with that if it can hold the heat).
FYI, if you want to do recharging, it is recommended that you do live charging. First time around, thing just couldn't hold charge well as simulated die doesn't work nearly as good as real proc will do.

PS) My back is still aching from moving this monster back and forth for live charging.

Sincerely, Jin

jinu117 said:
Within few days, I will get my VX I loaned to my friend back and probably will sell a pair :)
Thes 4 sticks are handpicked by me out of 10 sticks that passed through me lol. (mucho RMA with OCZ)
Will let you know.

Sincerely, Jin

Would you please get ahold of me when you're ready to sell?

I might be picking up a pair of 512MB Mushkin BH6 sticks that do 244MHz 1:1 /w 2-2-2-5 timings at only 3.1v.....and once I get the vdimm and vtt mods done to my MAX3 I'll be looking at a max of about 3.5v......good fun ahead. :D

mwarps said:

24/7 at 3.38 ghz. As long as you have airtight cpu clamshell then condensation not gonna be a problem.

centvalny said:
24/7 at 3.38 ghz. As long as you have airtight cpu clamshell then condensation not gonna be a problem.

Which is what I've been thinkin/sayin all along.....doens't seem like it'd really be THAT hard to have it sealed up to the point where you could be using it 24/7.....I thought that was the whole point of these things......AseTek and nVentiv didn't/dont make them JUST to cater to those burst overclockers.......they were originally meant to be used 24/7 to give people a faster day to day computer then was currently available.

cornelious0_0 said:
Which is what I've been thinkin/sayin all along.....doens't seem like it'd really be THAT hard to have it sealed up to the point where you could be using it 24/7.....I thought that was the whole point of these things......AseTek and nVentiv didn't/dont make them JUST to cater to those burst overclockers.......they were originally meant to be used 24/7 to give people a faster day to day computer then was currently available.

Even baker evap block can run 24/7 if you give it some airflow to stop possible condensation. (and I know I am running it cooler than most people with single phase :p)
Good test was last few days in S. Cali which kept raining and temp being relatively warm. No condensation yet :)

jinu117 said:
Even baker evap block can run 24/7 if you give it some airflow to stop possible condensation. (and I know I am running it cooler than most people with single phase :p)
Good test was last few days in S. Cali which kept raining and temp being relatively warm. No condensation yet :)

Good stuff bro, nice to hear.

You're gonna have to hook me up with some results when you get that thing strapped into your new rig and up and running. :D

Heres with Gigabyte k8nSLI. mem at 2.67V
giga14hn.jpg

3.37.JPG

centvalny said:
wow, is that neo2? This giga like you said is no good..

Yeah, I figured I would beat on it since its days are numbered. My MSI SLI will be here Mon or Tues. Actually I just sold that set of Gskill. That was the test shot I used to show the guy. My new set is a REAL performer. :D

James Earl Ray said:
Yeah, I figured I would beat on it since its days are numbered. My MSI SLI will be here Mon or Tues. Actually I just sold that set of Gskill. That was the test shot I used to show the guy. My new set is a REAL performer. :D
It is still gskill le?. Same here, neo4sli on Mon. Hope the vcore will scale higher than this Giga which really good on perks(8x sata and everything exept toilet seat :( ) but sucks on high htt 1:1.

Yes LE. I am getting the MSI only because the DFI is delayed further. The MSI has a pretty low Vcore. But I heard a few things. :D

James Earl Ray said:
Yes LE. I am getting the MSI only because the DFI is delayed further. The MSI has a pretty low Vcore. But I heard a few things. :D
Your 6800Us must be restless by now :D ...I'm seriously gonna go with phase changed my x850xtpe for am3 and '01 ;) which on sale at xtreme...

Hpefully soon our boards can supply 1.75V and up to the starvin cpus :D. James, make it 9.1k...

with bios 201..gskill have to run with 3.1V stable :confused: 300 unstable, but the vcore rocks....
ud295.JPG

With those volts, what is the LS reading? The FX would be putting off a pretty good heat load at those voltages under load. My LS is starting to suffer from warmer temps, and loads around -35C now.

With the Baker cooler, I've run 2.0v thru a FX-55 with load temps around -50C...the LS just couldn't handle it. Baker's block has alot to do with it, but so does a 10K BTU compressor :D

VO_Nuclear said:
With those volts, what is the LS reading? The FX would be putting off a pretty good heat load at those voltages under load. My LS is starting to suffer from warmer temps, and loads around -35C now.

With the Baker cooler, I've run 2.0v thru a FX-55 with load temps around -50C...the LS just couldn't handle it. Baker's block has alot to do with it, but so does a 10K BTU compressor :D
LS evap. temp at -50/-49C at this load. With the help from 120' Delta EHE fan at front of condenser and kinda cold ambient room temp.

Back