Post Your Networkdiagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
My very simple one, live by myself in an apartment.
homenetwork.jpg

Network.jpg

Thought I would update this a little.

Recently changed the server to a celeron 2.4 and put 3x250gb disks in a Asus case. Works reasonably well considering it was such a cheap build, not as if it does much anyway really.

My main workstation is pretty much unchanged with the exception of a larger IDE drive for mass storage.

The VP6 is about as Silent and smal as I can get it and sits in the downstairs study with a 17inch sony lcd and looks pretty nice on the desk.

The router was a recent purchase of eBay costing £11 delivered because the seller thought it was broken, just needed a firmware update and it has been perfect for weeks.

Cant really remember the specs on the thinkpads but they are about average.

The NeoWare e100 is also a purchase from ebay costing £24 delivered (again the seller mislablled) and is working fine under the embedded CE that was preinstalled. Anyone got any cool ideas of what I can do with this box? (might start a new topic on that actually).

versello said:
Do you get 2-3x the speed with all those connections plugged into a single computer? :p

Its more that I'm bored, I've never actually hit bandwidth limitations on anything, just have the capacity for more I suppose.

Drawing1.jpg

Typical Setup I suppose...It works and its easy to manage. Go Home Networks.
--
Edit: Er, the Laptop Is wireless. Whoops...

network.jpg

Simple, but all I need. Next year Ill be at college and the setup will remain the same. I'll probably get a new router, and the college gives you your own laptop which is included in the tuition.

My modest setup...there's a printer that I left out that is connected to Apu.

well, I finally put together a diagram. Let me know what you guys think.

NetworkDiagram.jpg

sorry about the quality, I have a full res image. If someone req's ill throw that up later.

I wish I could post network diagrams of my work, but it's just too much sensitive information. our SAP infrastructure blows every single diagram here outta the water. when I saw a picture of it, I was overwhelmed by how massive it was... and that was only a single environment for our engineering dept!

put it this way, we have 4 seperate datacenters at my physical location (there are several secret/classified I do not know where or how many) and between 5-10 datacenters offsite in the U.S. and in corporate.

Stang Man said:
I wish I could post network diagrams of my work, but it's just too much sensitive information. our SAP infrastructure blows every single diagram here outta the water. when I saw a picture of it, I was overwhelmed by how massive it was... and that was only a single environment for our engineering dept!

put it this way, we have 4 seperate datacenters at my physical location (there are several secret/classified I do not know where or how many) and between 5-10 datacenters offsite in the U.S. and in corporate.

Stang,
That would be cool. The only reason I posted the one I did is because it was a proposed network and they are not going with it.

Stang Man said:

I believe this is a thread for YOUR network diagram. Why don't you post up a diagram of YOUR network that "blows ours out of the water". :rolleyes:
hahahah, im just bustin your balls man. :p

xphil3 said:
well, I finally put together a diagram. Let me know what you guys think.

*snip*

sorry about the quality, I have a full res image. If someone req's ill throw that up later.

Dang, our networks are almost identical :p

Here is my little home network. I have one more server and two more laptops but they are for testing software and other things and are not on the network at all. The program I used to put together this diagram was SmartDraw

network.jpg

All links between computers, routers, and switches are 100mbit cat5. Between comps and printers are USB. Green line = Wireless-G link.

homenetworkej1.png

EDIT: Updated pic to include PS2.

Drawing7.png

I'm seriously considering consolidating the file server and the infrastructure server into one dual-core opty box and loading it with RAM to run VMWare in because that E4000 is a freakin space heater. Probrably towards the beginning of next year when I have some more funds available.

Wow... nice setup there... How did you get the WRT54Gs to run in a wireless mesh network?

jbog91 said:
What's all that for? Just messin around or does it have another use?
A little bit of both I guess. I use it for the home network and for learning about networking in general. Plus I'm a geek so running multiple computers at home is a preresequite ;) That and it's just plain cool.

Yeah that's a neat setup... Could do a hell of a lot of tinkering with it. :p My dad owns our home network so I don't have permission to play around with things unfortunetely...

Hey thanks for the tips on doing that mesh networking thing with the WRT54Gs... You seem to know a lot about this kind of stuff so I have a question... Do you think they'd create a version of that firmware for the newer Wireless N routers? I might be interested in setting up a mesh but the distance would be a bit too far for G...

Matt Welke said:
Do you think they'd create a version of that firmware for the newer Wireless N routers? I might be interested in setting up a mesh but the distance would be a bit too far for G...
I'm not sure. Active development on the new v24 firmware is going strong so you might want to do a feature request over in their forums for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back