Post Your Mac Setup

prodigee

Gawd
I have looked and there isn't a thread here, there is one in the Apple thread but hardly anyone looks at that. So I am thought it would be a good idea to have a more publicized Mac setup thread.

Anyway here is my iBook setup, I am getting the New MBP 13" tomorrow. w00t!

IMG00110-20081231-1647.jpg

Yeah I know my camera sucks...

My g4 is in my closet collecting dust.

P7040074.jpg

That was what it looked like when I used it. What a mess. Slowest computer I've used in a long time...

I'll take ur G4 off your hands if you dont like it, lol! :)

Reserving space for mine!

I'll post my iMac when I get home. Its running Windows 7 full time as my bedroom HTPC. What can I say, 7MC is worlds better than anything on OS X and I was a Plex fan since it was still OSXBMC.

Check out the apple forum. There is a big thread for this.

I'll post my iMac when I get home. Its running Windows 7 full time as my bedroom HTPC. What can I say, 7MC is worlds better than anything on OS X and I was a Plex fan since it was still OSXBMC.

now thats is just stupid.:D
how can you have an imac and run win7 on it? crazy!:p

btw the imac is beautiful (in looks). but i prefer my pc.

Check out the apple forum. There is a big thread for this.
I know but like I said in my first post barely anyone goes there, so I thought that since almost every single case manufacturer has a thread here why don't we make a thread for some of the most simple yet elegant machines known to man for all to see rather than the 50 [H] users that check the Apple Products thread?

Last edited:
hey hey hey, no need to be thread trashing here! :)

here is my current setup. imac G3, PowerMac G3, PowerBook G4. My overclocked eMac is out of the picture.
0803091408.jpg

Well the point of the thread is to more show what your particular Mac setup looks like, not so much for the hardware, but what you have added to make that hardware look/perform better. And to give [H] users who may only have Macs a prominant place to show what they have got.

That is exactly what I was trying to say except for the fact that you made your point a lot easier to understand.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't look at "setup" threads to see pics of the actual computer. It's about what kind of desk, how the equipment is setup, workflow, etc. I've never seen a computer case I've ever really liked outside of the g5/mp anyway.

Not to have this thing snowball into a mac vs pc debate, but I agree. The thing about Mac designs is that they are very simple and not over the top. Too many rigs I see on here look like a cheap boombox or car stereo that is the size of a PC with a window on the side.

Apple cases have a certain timelessness to them so to speak (I know that sounds really pretentious) but when I see an iBook or PowerBook from 5+ years ago it doesn't look dated.

Except the clamshell iBooks. Those were horrible for anyone over the age of 10.

(I am also a PC owner, see my pics above)

I don't know how many times I am going to have to say this, barely anyone visits the Apple forums, the case modding forum gets many more viewers and why shouldn't users be able to show off their rig, just because every other case has a thread here hell even Ikea has a thread, I think that it is only fair the Mac's get a thread here.

. . . . is there a show your pc thread that i'm not seeing? lol . . . all there is is a post your workstation thread. . . meaning post your mac, or your pc. . .so there is already places to post your boring macs;)

I don't know how many times I am going to have to say this, barely anyone visits the Apple forums, the case modding forum gets many more viewers and why shouldn't users be able to show off their rig, just because every other case has a thread here hell even Ikea has a thread, I think that it is only fair the Mac's get a thread here.

If each individual case manufacturer has its own thread then Macs can get one too, there are only so many models and so what does it matter if there is a Mac thread its not going to fucking kill you.

If each individual case manufacturer has its own thread then Macs can get one too, there are only so many models and so what does it matter if there is a Mac thread its not going to fucking kill you.

That's a wicked cool laptop.

here is my current setup. imac G3, PowerMac G3, PowerBook G4. My overclocked eMac is out of the picture.
0803091408.jpg

Why don't you sell the iMac G3, Powermac G3, Powerbook G4, and eMac, and buy a used macbook, macbook pro or iMac?

:confused:

Wouldn't you figure that [H] users who only have Macs (is there really an [H] user that only uses a Mac, and if so why are they even on [H]?) would have already posted in the thread in the Apple Products forum?

There was a period of about a year when I only had a mac, and continued to come on here to see desk setups and such. I got a PC for linuxing stuff and the occasional bit of gaming (before they went x86) but I would imagine that I am a part of a small minority.

I just got a Mac and had been here on [H] for just over a year, had 600+ posts and I got a mac so that I could run both OS X and Windows, so I could learn more about OS X and be able to help others with their issues on OS X (also because I run a small business that I need a laptop for and at the same time a Mac so that I could work on those issues as well). In fact I think that having both Machines makes more [H]ard than just having one. I just don't understand why there is all this hatred toward Macs... What the hell did they ever do to you? I mean as the years have gone on their quality and prices have gotten much fairer, although in some places it is still ridiculous.

Last edited:
There is no reason to buy a mac over a pc unless you like wasting money. I love when customers come in to my shop with a broken mac and are crying about the price to replace the parts. If you dont like windows install linux. By far the best was when we were getting in brand new imacs that had water in between differnt layers of the lcd screen. I liked how they were brand new and apple didnt want to warranty them until after getting 1000s of the same problems. By the way, pcs have 2+ mouse buttons.

My friends "mac" setup :)

A friend of mine found a used Apple G5 case at a local PC shop for sale for $40. He won an Alienware Desktop computer in an online contest about a year ago, and absolutely hated the case, but loved the hardware...

see where I'm going with this?

Well, one Lian Li full-size removable ATX tray, a Lian Li PSU bracket, some aluminum, and a GOOD chunk of this week later We have a PC-powered MAC hehe.

P8130797.jpg

P8130798.jpg

P8130800.jpg

P8130816.jpg

P8130805.jpg

P8130808.jpg

P8130809.jpg

P8130802.jpg

P8130807.jpg

Didn't really take any pictures of the modding process... this is more of a "Finished product" post.

I apologize for the white imbalance. He really wanted white cathodes, and my camera seems to REALLY hate taking pictures with all the light...

That is pretty sweet... I guess we can accept it here.. ;)

It made me really happy to see that I am not the only person that hung the GTA IV map on my wall.
That is actually a pretty sweet looking room as well.

I just got a Mac and had been here on [H] for just over a year, had 600+ posts and I got a mac so that I could run both OS X and Windows, so I could learn more about OS X and be able to help others with their issues on OS X (also because I run a small business that I need a laptop for and at the same time a Mac so that I could work on those issues as well). In fact I think that having both Machines makes more [H]ard than just having one. I just don't understand why there is all this hatred toward Macs... What the hell did they ever do to you? I mean as the years have gone on their quality and prices have gotten much fairer, although in some places it is still ridiculous.
Not to derail, but this is an answer to the hatred question:

The major reason for Mac hatred is due to the attitude many Mac users have given to PC users over the years. The anti-Microsoft business practice crusade that many users like to take up, while they blindly accept somewhat draconian lock-down under Mr. Jobs hasn't helped either. It's kind of like someone who proclaims thier crap doesn't stink but everyone else's does. It's pretty easy to see through tho, even when people attempt to hide it. Read blogs like engadget, or watch some of the social media out there. It's kind of sad that people somehow get jollies out of being on the bandwagon when both platforms have big strengths and big weaknesses, nothing is perfect..

I have a MBpro that I had to buy for video production work, and while I understand the OSX software ecosystem and admit it works very well, it is too controlled for my tastes. It works for what I need in business, but I wouldn't touch it at home.

Back