Post Your Mac Setup!

I sold my mid-2012 15" retina and just bought a late-2013 13" retina. It's the first non-15" MBP (standard or retina versions) I've ever owned and I love the smaller size/weight. I'm headed to Vegas, next month, for a two-week trip (biz and pleasure). It's going to be my first trip with the new laptop. I already can tell it'll be a great road warrior machine.

fmnm2o.jpg

It's cheating, as it's as much a Mac setup as it is a Windows 8.1 setup as it is an ESXi setup (which adds Ubuntu, XP, 7, 8,1, 2012R2 setups)

2014-11-18070935.jpg

I sold my mid-2012 15" retina and just bought a late-2013 13" retina. It's the first non-15" MBP (standard or retina versions) I've ever owned and I love the smaller size/weight. I'm headed to Vegas, next month, for a two-week trip (biz and pleasure). It's going to be my first trip with the new laptop. I already can tell it'll be a great road warrior machine.

Is that... dust on the keyboard? :eek:

Is that... dust on the keyboard? :eek:
No, it's a keyboard skin. :p

Actually, my poor rMBP looks a helluva lot worse, now. A few days ago, my little six-year old nephew was running around near my workstation and accidentally dumped a grape juice box all over it. Fried the machine right then and there. Sadly, that kind of damage ain't covered by the warranty, so for the time being I'm without a laptop. :(

Sorry for the late response, my life has been in a major upheaval lately (wife had a pyschotic break, we found she's bipolar, and has spent the past 2 months in a mental hospital).

Chair is an Herman Miller Aeron in the titanium w/ pelicle wave if I remember correctly. Desk is just two pieces of 6' formica for a corner, and I added on some folding lets and 1x4s to the bottom to have something strong to screw into.

The rolling cart thing that holds the printer, rackmount server, a 16 port GigE rack switch, UPS, and my gaming tower...I found next to a dumpster.

The "Style trifecta" of early '00s Apple design:
a3OZbJA.jpg
"iLamp" iMac G4 (800 MHz, 17", the last Mac OS 9-bootable model,)
PowerBook G4 (1 GHz, Titanium, again, the last Mac OS 9-bootable model - it happens to be sitting on top of my work laptop,)
Power Mac G4 Cube (550 MHz, with stock ATI video card; I have a newer video card and CPU upgrade, just haven't put them in yet. Also have a Cinema Display for it, but no speakers.)

My standard desktop:
CP5mtPcm.jpg
The vintage machines on the ends get rotated out over time - right now the iLamp is on the left, and an Apple ][+ is on the right (at a full 90 degree angle, so the back is flat against the right-side wall.) You can't tell in that picture, but the desk is an 'L' shape on the right, with my printer out-of-sight on the extension.
The main machine is a plenty-old 2007 iMac (the oldest machine that can run OS X Yosemite,) upgraded to max RAM (6 GB,) 1 TB hard drive, and upgraded CPU (2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo.) It is connected to the display to the right, as well. (Which has since been upgraded to a 27" 1920x1080 Samsung from the 22" 1920x1080 Viewsonic pictured.)

Under the desk is my dual-Xeon workstation that multi-boots Windows, Linux, and, if I ever get around to fixing it, OS X. (An update broke my Hackintosh install, and I haven't gotten around to fixing it, since the iMac does fine for OS X duty - the Xeon displays on the monitor.)

Edit: I don't know why the pictures aren't showing - the markup looks good, and it's straight from imgur...

^imgur pics are not loading for me today either, don't know what's up.
Loving the vintage stuff.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)
2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
500gb Samsung 850 evo SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

That sure is a lot of storage for a pron collection! You make the move to HD? :p

Whats the best monitor i could power off my MBP 13" 2012? Some insane screens itt

Whats the best monitor i could power off my MBP 13" 2012? Some insane screens itt

You can drive up to a 2560x1600 display off of a 13-inch MacBook Pro from that era. That opens the door to most displays 27 inches and smaller. You won't do 4K or a super-wide 1440p screen, but you'll still find something good-looking that will work.

You can drive up to a 2560x1600 display off of a 13-inch MacBook Pro from that era. That opens the door to most displays 27 inches and smaller. You won't do 4K or a super-wide 1440p screen, but you'll still find something good-looking that will work.

Damn, i have a U2711 but was looking at going 4k. Ill wait to upgrade my laptop before a monitor upgrade then. Thanks

Not sure if you're still paying attention to this thread but:

In the first image there where we can see the Mac Pro hiding behind the display, you apparently have a USB stick or drive or device of some kind plugged in and it's a blue color that appears to have some holes in it (literally) - I have to ask, what the hell is that? A dongle for some software or a USB storage device?

Saw that in the pic and just had to ask. :)

And yes, very nice setup, I hope the 4K video work you're doing helps you recoup the investment on the hardware.

Back