Post Your Mac Setup!

Decided to convince my job I needed the new Mac Pro for work, now to see if they'll let me take that baby home

I don't have any fancy pictures yet. Haven't had the time yet. But here is a lil run down of my stuff. Ive only been into apple products really for the last year. Prior to that, I had been a windows user and my only apple products were an iPod classic and a shuffle. Getting an iPhone 4s at launch was the beginning of the end for me... and its been all Apple since.

I have,
iPod Classic - 80gb
iPod Shuffle - 2bg
iPod Nano - 2nd gen, Hers (not pictured)
iPhone 4s - 64gb (black)
iPhone 4s - 16gb (white) Bought at retail, to replace temporarily lost black one.
iPhone 4 - 8bg (white, hers) - (not pictured)
iPhone 5s - 64gb (silver/white) - (Not pictured)
Apple TV - 2 3rd gens, living room and bedroom
Mid-2012 MacBook Pro, 13"
Airport Time capsule - 2tb
Wireless keyboard
Magic Track Pad
Magic Mouse
Apple Battery Charger/batteries
Various cable adapters and cables

As well as two Apple G5 PPCs.. one is a fully functional late 2005 2.3. And the other was a 2003 2.5 with LCS. It had a bad logic board, so I took it apart and made a glorified plug strip out of it. The LCS from it is on the shelf, between the two white boxes. (it was one of the two I got with the original packaging shown in the pic above, all parts have been saved, and the case is unmodified. I *could* repair it and have it functional again too, but I was actually only looking for a dead G5 at the time, specifically for this little project). I also have one of the older white, wired keyboards and mice for the 2.3 G5 system, though I always use screen sharing from the MBP to use it.

I also had a 2003 1.8 G5, but I traded it to a buddy of mine for a tri-core AMD Windows 7 system. I use it mostly for helping my fiancé' and my parents with iTunes and Apple related software issues, since they all have Windows 7 systems.

What are you building in the background?? :D

The background is just my closet doors, which are mirrors. So thats me, sitting under my desk, taking a picture of that case. lol

My MacBook Pro Retina 15" and its new audio system, a Swan M50W 2.1. Pic taken with my iPhone 5s.

I have those same speakers hooked up to my TV with a Fiio D3. (formerly, hooked up to my MBP also)... Love them.

setup.png

Hackintosh

I guess I'm the first one... The BTO came in last Friday. I think we ordered 5 minutes after orders were allowed.

The Mac Pro is for video work at the office.

- 3.0GHz 8-core with 25MB of L3 cache
- 32GB (4x8GB) of 1866MHz DDR3 ECC
- 512GB PCIe-based flash storage
- 2x Dual AMD FirePro D700 GPUs with 6GB

8USC9Q8.jpg

C90F0VC.jpg

Just waiting for Apple to release their version of a 4k display...

I guess I'm the first one... The BTO came in last Friday. I think we ordered 5 minutes after orders were allowed.

The Mac Pro is for video work at the office.

- 3.0GHz 8-core with 25MB of L3 cache
- 32GB (4x8GB) of 1866MHz DDR3 ECC
- 512GB PCIe-based flash storage
- 2x Dual AMD FirePro D700 GPUs with 6GB

Just waiting for Apple to release their version of a 4k display...

Man, they are beasty little things, aren't they?!?!? If only I could hit the damn lottery I would get one just for the hell of it! Maybe two... one to work/play on, and the other as an HTPC! :D I think it would be good for at least a decade.

@synergyo1

What size trash bags? I want to make sure the cleaning crew empties it every night and uses the right spec bag. I mean, tossing out trash never looked so GOOD! Yes, I am making fun of it, but in an envious way.

In other news, I need to post my Mac setup. o_O!

@synergyo1

What size trash bags? I want to make sure the cleaning crew empties it every night and uses the right spec bag. I mean, tossing out trash never looked so GOOD! Yes, I am making fun of it, but in an envious way.

In other news, I need to post my Mac setup. o_O!

Regular grocery plastic bags is sufficient. Don't have enough money to spend it on the fancy Glad scented bags.

Don't want to cross post, but I figured this might be relevant here also, since my setup is composed entirely of Apple products (for another week or so).

So here is a link to my setup post in the "post your workstation" thread.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040483708&postcount=1197

I'm stealing the idea for the QR code / Guest WLAN access.

Although at home I have a VM instance of Cisco ISE that I let people self provision / onboard thru. This is clever enough that it's pretty cool.

My current setup:

iPad on the left streaming NBCOlympics app to AppleTV in the middle. MBP on the right checking in on work. Desktop in the background reading [H].
macsetup2014.jpg

Where did you get that table top out of curiosity?
It's actually a big hardwood door. Measures 80" x 36". I still need to finish it with some stain and a coat of sealant before it'll be ready to be my new workstation desk.

It's actually a big hardwood door. Measures 80" x 36". I still need to finish it with some stain and a coat of sealant before it'll be ready to be my new workstation desk.

Cool. I've been looking to get a big slab of wood for my desk but could never find one thick enough. The ones stocked by Home Cheapo and the like are only like 2" thick.

Cool. I've been looking to get a big slab of wood for my desk but could never find one thick enough. The ones stocked by Home Cheapo and the like are only like 2" thick.
Yeah, I got lucky in that a friend runs a big residential construction biz. He snagged me that door for $10 bucks. He charges about $500 for a finished door. :eek:

office.jpg

desk.jpg

Recently built my office in the basement of our new house. The other part of that basement is currently being worked on so don't mind the mess. Decorating is not yet done, so ignore the empty shelf as well. ;)

System is a Macbook Pro Retina that sits in the keyboard drawer for a clean look.

office.jpg

desk.jpg

Recently built my office in the basement of our new house. The other part of that basement is currently being worked on so don't mind the mess. Decorating is not yet done, so ignore the empty shelf as well. ;)

System is a Macbook Pro Retina that sits in the keyboard drawer for a clean look.

If you don't mine me asking, what size is your office? I am in the process to begin building a basement office and your office space is what I had in mind. Nice setup.....

Sure, size is 18x11. Works perfectly for my needs. Good luck and thanks!

Hello! Sync i have to agree with the othes. Your desk is gorgeous. I wanted to ask when u say 18x11 what is this exactly?

Last edited:
office.jpg

As others have said, very nice office! I find it motivational to get mine where I'd like it to be.

Back