Post Your Mac Setup!

This is where the magic happens.
Something of a hybrid setup. Mid 2010 MBP and a Lenovo T430s under the old Dell 23".
v72o.jpg

An Apple MBP used by [H] staff? Wait until FPN forum gets a wiff of this. Burn him at the stake!

hey I have a 17" mbp, xserve g5 and a mac pro what's it to ya :p

heres my xserve and an xserve raid in colo, adding 2 more xserve raids this week hopefully

2013-03-11-01.19.17.jpg

C50s3k7.jpg

My buddy's dad accidentally drenched my old MacBook Pro with water and replaced it with a new MacBook Air.

Specs:
1.7GHz Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3
512GB SSD

Last edited:
@ Miyagi

Some friend you are...IT WAS YOUR BUDDY'S DAD! You could have let it slide...unless you happened to "just bump into him while he was holding something liquid". :)

Nice Air and very minimalist setup and CLEAN! o_O

2013-07-31-20.01.50.jpg

updated my mac server setup dual G5's still chugging along

nice matts90 i like that the speakers are worth WAY more than the computer =P

Bit messy with new desk (Galant), sort of a dry fit and I'm afraid it may be too small

p1687759326-4.jpg

From left to right

Mac Pro (12 core Westmere)
Personal 15" Retina
Work 13" Retina

The galant has a lot of extensions/additions to add on to what you have. One of the best things about it.

Maybe you can find something that works with the add ons. :)

My setup at the moment.

Obviously my gaming PC with eyefinity. But to the left of it I have a 2009 mac mini and iPod nano. And to the right is my Linux laptop.

IMAG0923.jpg

IMAG0924.jpg

IMAG0925.jpg

Nice setup. What do you use the Mac Mini for?

running out of space lol... i shud prob streamline my workflow somehow, just too lazy XD

9673743273_8eb9f98578_b.jpg

I know tons of people with two or more laptops. Person above me has two rigs in his sig. Seems normal. Pot calling the kettle black as far as an epeen display.

Sweet setup zanza

Nice setup. What do you use the Mac Mini for?

Well I just picked it up 2 days ago for a mere 20 bucks. THis lady came into my work and was going to just chuck it. I was like "WHOA WHOA WHOA WAIT" lol

Anyways, Haven't had a mac in a few years, so I haven't decided just what to do with it yet. Ideas? :D

Well I just picked it up 2 days ago for a mere 20 bucks. THis lady came into my work and was going to just chuck it. I was like "WHOA WHOA WHOA WAIT" lol

Anyways, Haven't had a mac in a few years, so I haven't decided just what to do with it yet. Ideas? :D

Those are always the best finds:D

thx for the kind words guys

having an Air and a MBP isn't actually uncommon, the two may be laptops but depending on the BTO config there can be a substantial spec diff... in my case, i am an IT consultant so the Air is a casual daily driver, small and light so i can bring it around for things like checking email, skyping etc. but if you want to do more srs stuff like CS6, FCPX on the run, that's where the MBP will come in

as for wallpapers, the one on the Macbook Pro is a custom graphic i made for Square Enix... the other two you can find easily online, official SE content

www.flickr.com/photos/leekcalvin/9580792912/

They make a pretty mean HTPC. Those gen are a bit tougher to hook up to a TV but with a couple of cables you'll be rockin' in no time.

Plex would be a great media center app to use, you can run the server on your PC and the mac will pick it up. I'm doing the same thing right now in my living room.

Some of you guys have some serious Apple setup. The only apple setup I have consists of Retina MacBook Pro 13, iPad and iPhone lol.

I don't think I'll ever get an iMac. Remodeling my room soon and hopefully I'll have a nice combo of PC and Mac on desk.

Mac Mini set-up at work, temporarily on a cabinet as my desk is be reconfigured..

i5 2.5Ghz
4Gb DDR3
500Gb 840 EVO SSD
Radeon HD 6630m
HP LA2306x

anO65BAl.jpg

Need to get yourself a bigger screen yo. Looks like you're working off an iPad.

I bought a 23" last month but my wife is using it until we get her the thunderbolt display or the mono price equivilant. Until then I'm on a shitty 17" Dell.

Spoken like a true husband. I had bought two 23"s to go on both sides of my 24" but the wife commandeered the 24" to go with her Macbook Air. What we do for love :p

Spoken like a true husband. I had bought two 23"s to go on both sides of my 24" but the wife commandeered the 24" to go with her Macbook Air. What we do for love :p

Right. I don't mind using the 17" but I can't wait to use the 23".

Back