Post Your Mac Setup!

You are all making me jealous with how neat and tidy your setups are, and it's spurring me to clean my desk/table/thingamajiggy.

Damn you.

edit: will post pics soonish

keyboard slides out for gaming setup, and apple keyboard + majic mouse on top for minimalistic feel, I a cable management cage coming to put all those wires away.

6555430541_74c8c39334_z.jpg

6555430887_f9c1c47630_b.jpg

Just moved in... Still a lot of stuff to do.

img0908go.jpg

img0909oi.jpg

img0910i.jpg

MBP 2011, i7 2.7GHz, 8GB of ram | Magic Mouse
PS3 Slim 320GB.
iPhone 4 and Remote Controller not in picture.

Just added a 2nd desk to make a poor man's biomorph (two independent height adjustable surfaces).

new-setup.jpg

Really nice setups guys. I'm still working on mine. Need two more things, finish the Hackintosh in a G5 case and get an Aluminum ACD. I think I found the acd locally :) Hopefully I'll get this setup finished by the end of the month, peace!

(clicky for huge version, although I took the pic with my phone, so it's not really any better)

It woulda looked a little nicer had I remembered to take a pic right after I reorganized, but I don't have a whole lot to work with anyway...my only desk is falling apart, so I'm on a TV stand. :)

Currently showing target display mode (that's what the second set of keyboard & mouse are for - my PC)

Don't you find it hard having to dock your laptop behind all the screens all the time or do u just use it as a desktop

Quote from another forum his post:

I have all the monitors hooked up to a Matrox TripleHead2Go. This way OSX thinks it is one wide-ass monitor. So the menu bar stretches across all the screens.

Don't you find it hard having to dock your laptop behind all the screens all the time or do u just use it as a desktop

Well I take it to school in the morning and dock it when I return. Usually it'll stay in the dock until I leave for school again the next day.

Just added a 2nd desk to make a poor man's biomorph (two independent height adjustable surfaces).

new-setup.jpg

Do you have the T-Legs all the way up on one and all the way down on the other? How much space would you say is between the two desk? 6 inches?

What headphone stand is that?

My two latest additions to my Apple family:

Magic Trackpad that I picked up this week, and a new, Early 2011 base (2.3GHz i5) MBP 13". Had the option to go for the top-end early 2011 model (2.7GHz i7) at £999, but decided against it as this model isn't much slower than the i7 model at all (minimal difference with Handbrake, the most intensive thing it'll see, and no difference in normal usage), and I feel that the £100 saving is worth it as a result.

Just needed a basic use machine, with a better display than the MBA (which hurt my eyes!).

Eiffel towers all over the place!

Enjoy the goodies!

PS -- get an SSD!

Yep, though the wallpapers were just by coincidence at first...:D The phone shares the same wallpaper as well :D

As for the SSD...I'll be passing on that for now. Reason being, the iMac is ridiculously fast as it is (programs do open virtually immediately), an SSD isn't really going to be of much help there. With the MBP, things are still fast, but there isn't much point as programs are going to be opened once, then that's it - no real advantage for me!

Ditto. That's my very same same logic too when I see people say get an SSD it'll blow your mind. My ssd certainly hasn't blown my mind. I think the general convention is that if you don't use large programs like Photoshop then an ssd is still a luxury at this point.
On topic- love your setup. When I finally get my room cleaned up I'll post a pic but I've been saying that for a long time now lol. Besides it's nowhere near as clean and nice looking as most everyone's here.

Ditto. That's my very same same logic too when I see people say get an SSD it'll blow your mind. My ssd certainly hasn't blown my mind. I think the general convention is that if you don't use large programs like Photoshop then an ssd is still a luxury at this point.

Hard drives are the single biggest performance bottleneck in computing today. Any improvement in storage access speed is and should be welcomed.

Back