Post Your Mac Setup!

VA Supremacy

Limp Gawd
Its the monitor for my G3 which isn't pictured. I'm at school so I can't take a picture of it.

the other one is i think 15" Cinema Studio Display Apple Display Connector hooked up to the G4

I have an LC II which isn't pictured either along with ADB keyboards and a mouse. I need a newer keyboard and mouse than the imac one I bought to match my G3 and monitor

EDIT: here I believe mine is a 17"

Last edited:

tomrsolari

n00b
Just bought a new MBA 11 (4GB, 128GB SSD, 1.6Ghz i5) and have decided to switch over to it as my i7 comp chews through way too much power...

tomrsolari

n00b
Those MBP's (assuming thats what he had before) use the 85 watt adapters.
Last time I checked there were 85 watt light bulbs out there!
I had a custom pc before, i7 950, 12GB RAM, 120GB SSD, GTX 560, so yeah that chewed through the power but also performed (ever so slightly :-P) better than the MBA.

Grazehell

2[H]4U
I had a custom pc before, i7 950, 12GB RAM, 120GB SSD, GTX 560, so yeah that chewed through the power but also performed (ever so slightly :-P) better than the MBA.
Ah ok. Well you gave up just a smidgen of performance for all that energy savings ;)

mrgstiffler

[H]F Junkie
So Parallels in Coherence mode is actually kinda cool! Can use Crystal Reports as if it were a native application:

My simple humble MacBook Pro 13" setup. Nothing fancy at all obviously, but it works, as I have downsized a lot from having a 20" Monitor + Black MacBook. I gave the 20" Monitor away and sold the black MacBook, and bought this MacBook Pro.

13" MBP from the Refurb store
2.3Ghz Intel Core i5
320GB HDD

Zanza

Weaksauce
i posted this in the main display thread but, in case some of u mac'ers stick around here

somebody was asking me if i could post my entire room instead of just one photo ... i tried to make a video w/ my iphone but it came out suck so i just made a post w/ lotsa photos lol, hope this is what you wanted, cheers!

http://www.alvinkclee.com/blog/2011/12/9/office-tour.html

elchorizo

Limp Gawd
I looked at your photos. Impressive setup. One flaw.... You should switch to Nikon.

i posted this in the main display thread but, in case some of u mac'ers stick around here

somebody was asking me if i could post my entire room instead of just one photo ... i tried to make a video w/ my iphone but it came out suck so i just made a post w/ lotsa photos lol, hope this is what you wanted, cheers!

http://www.alvinkclee.com/blog/2011/12/9/office-tour.html

0ptional

Don't Trust Your Friends with Your Decanter
Yeah i used a Dvi adapter and two displaylink USB adapters.
Genius, I didn't think of using USB adapters before.. do those play nice on hubs? I wonder if the belkin TB adapter/dock would play nice with two of these.

mrgstiffler

[H]F Junkie
Genius, I didn't think of using USB adapters before.. do those play nice on hubs? I wonder if the belkin TB adapter/dock would play nice with two of these.
They only work with powered hubs. Don't expect perfect quality, but they work OK.

0ptional

Don't Trust Your Friends with Your Decanter
Great, that's good to know, I was thinking powered, I have one laying around to try out if I decide to go this route, considering getting rid of my desktop rig and using the MBA as my main PC with my Server for HTPC/Storage needs.

yang88she

2[H]4U
yea, needed something mobile, but I still have win 7 on boot camp haha

after the holiday crazyness we still need to meet up for a cup of joe!