Post Your Mac Setup!

photo0868.jpg

003njs.jpg

and the dads mac
004xka.jpg

Its the monitor for my G3 which isn't pictured. I'm at school so I can't take a picture of it.

the other one is i think 15" Cinema Studio Display Apple Display Connector hooked up to the G4

I have an LC II which isn't pictured either along with ADB keyboards and a mouse. I need a newer keyboard and mouse than the imac one I bought to match my G3 and monitor

EDIT: here I believe mine is a 17"

Last edited:
Just bought a new MBA 11 (4GB, 128GB SSD, 1.6Ghz i5) and have decided to switch over to it as my i7 comp chews through way too much power...
tumblr_lufrfc4hwQ1qkioz5

Those MBP's (assuming thats what he had before) use the 85 watt adapters.
Last time I checked there were 85 watt light bulbs out there!
I had a custom pc before, i7 950, 12GB RAM, 120GB SSD, GTX 560, so yeah that chewed through the power but also performed (ever so slightly :-P) better than the MBA.

I had a custom pc before, i7 950, 12GB RAM, 120GB SSD, GTX 560, so yeah that chewed through the power but also performed (ever so slightly :-P) better than the MBA.

Ah ok. Well you gave up just a smidgen of performance for all that energy savings ;)

So Parallels in Coherence mode is actually kinda cool! Can use Crystal Reports as if it were a native application:

imacparallels.png

My simple humble MacBook Pro 13" setup. Nothing fancy at all obviously, but it works, as I have downsized a lot from having a 20" Monitor + Black MacBook. I gave the 20" Monitor away and sold the black MacBook, and bought this MacBook Pro.

13" MBP from the Refurb store
2.3Ghz Intel Core i5
320GB HDD

i posted this in the main display thread but, in case some of u mac'ers stick around here

6485125897_8b5a11a823_b.jpg

somebody was asking me if i could post my entire room instead of just one photo ... i tried to make a video w/ my iphone but it came out suck so i just made a post w/ lotsa photos lol, hope this is what you wanted, cheers!

http://www.alvinkclee.com/blog/2011/12/9/office-tour.html

I looked at your photos. Impressive setup. One flaw.... You should switch to Nikon.

i posted this in the main display thread but, in case some of u mac'ers stick around here

6485125897_8b5a11a823_b.jpg

somebody was asking me if i could post my entire room instead of just one photo ... i tried to make a video w/ my iphone but it came out suck so i just made a post w/ lotsa photos lol, hope this is what you wanted, cheers!

http://www.alvinkclee.com/blog/2011/12/9/office-tour.html

Yeah i used a Dvi adapter and two displaylink USB adapters.

Genius, I didn't think of using USB adapters before.. do those play nice on hubs? I wonder if the belkin TB adapter/dock would play nice with two of these.

Genius, I didn't think of using USB adapters before.. do those play nice on hubs? I wonder if the belkin TB adapter/dock would play nice with two of these.

They only work with powered hubs. Don't expect perfect quality, but they work OK.

Great, that's good to know, I was thinking powered, I have one laying around to try out if I decide to go this route, considering getting rid of my desktop rig and using the MBA as my main PC with my Server for HTPC/Storage needs.

yea, needed something mobile, but I still have win 7 on boot camp haha

after the holiday crazyness we still need to meet up for a cup of joe!

Back