Post Your Mac Setup!

Are you kidding? The questions should be, What kinda parents do you have? Are they adopting?

:p
He claims that he worked and paid for everything. I'm skeptical that a high school kid could earn that kind of $$, but am willing to change careers if he's telling the truth.

He paid for everything, but what he fails to mention is all that stuff is hot so he got it for less. :)

The above discussion is why "post your setup/workstation/desk" threads should strictly be limited to the actual subject, and not include one's bedroom, HD TV, wall of video games, etc.

I live similarly to UncleDavid in my own home, I've bought all my gear besides my TV and any of the furniture I got as hand-me-downs, of course my room is about 1/4 the size, but that's because I turned down moving to the bonus room because I don't want to figure out moving the pool table or having to walk halfway across the house to get to a bathroom.

But my setup is a bit less high end but still nice, I don't doubt him for a minute personally. I just have no bills to pay for myself as my parents take care of it while I'm in school (I'm 21), so any money I do make is really just spending money.

I just have no bills to pay for myself as my parents take care of it while I'm in school

That's just it. Think if you didn't pay any bills whatsoever. If every dime I made could go towards consumer goods, I'd have more/nicer stuff.

That's just it. Think if you didn't pay any bills whatsoever. If every dime I made could go towards consumer goods, I'd have more/nicer stuff.

Right, I know what my bills would cost me though, so I'm making the best of my time w/o having to worry about them haha. Once I get hit with that cell bill I'm done.

You dont pay for your phone? I am 16 and I pay my phone bill...

Err, I don't pay for the whole of it I should say, I pay for my added iPhone data and being an extra line, that's 40$ a month, compared to about 140$ a month it'd be if I was on my own.

Guys, I have paid for all of my stuff in cash ;)
That what I mean I pay for my extra stuff like the $10 for my phone on the family plan then $30 data plan because I have a Blackberry Bold.

But what do you do UncleDavid I want to make stacks so I can pimp my room like that.

That what I mean I pay for my extra stuff like the $10 for my phone on the family plan then $30 data plan because I have a Blackberry Bold.

But what do you do UncleDavid I want to make stacks so I can pimp my room like that.
I do VB.Net development for a small company doing contracting and I also work at a large retailer doing computer repair.
Fixed! ;) :p

Very nice setup UncleDavid, from memory you do I.T at some medical place yeah?
I did for a while, but that internship ended. I'm trying to get back into that company now.

Not anything really unthinkable. My husband mowed 5-6 lawns in the neighborhood throughout high school and amassed quite a bit of stuff.

The room design really makes it though :p I love that modern look!

**reserving this spot for a pic of my space once it's a little .... cleaner

To be fair, other than the house (which is my parents') I paid for everything you see, furniture included.

The above discussion is why "post your setup/workstation/desk" threads should strictly be limited to the actual subject, and not include one's bedroom, HD TV, wall of video games, etc.

No, this is why people shouldn't be such jealous pricks. ;) There's always going to be someone who has it better than you, and probably someone who has it worse. Just be thankful for what you do have and work to improve yourself.

It's a nice setup Dave. Kudos to you if you bought it all yourself.

UncleDavid, Some stuff I saw in ur pic has Ikea furniture? If so that's a nice taste in furniture like bed and the wooden chair...

Sorry for being off topic so back onto the setups :)

UncleDavid218, Nice setup. It still amazes me how people react to some of the setups posted on here (the negative reactions I'm referring to).

Anyway here is my hackintosh setup:

^^ haha that's awesome how that nook in your house is the perfect size for that desk.

^^ haha that's awesome how that nook in your house is the perfect size for that desk.

Lol, thanks, not a coincidence though.. the desk is custom built by me to fit in that nook in my house. ;) I used to have an Ikea Jerker there and it bugged me so much that the desk seemed so out of place there, so I built a new desk.

desk.jpg

Haven't got around to purchasing SL and installing it yet.

Runs 10.5.8 rock stable.

I do need to pick up some different speakers, though.

My new MacBook Pro after briefly using a Dell Latitude E6400 (the horror, the horror...)

IMG_0957.jpg

damn great room, uncle david. Iv always wanted a foosball table.

now my recent little setup for this semester
the desk can be cleaner, i suppose

http://i28.tinypic.com/eerld.jpg
the mini replaces an AMD tower. This little box has so much more power than the old tower I almost couldn't find any use for the notebooks. srsly

http://i27.tinypic.com/1537d4h.jpg

I'd be surprised if anyone could figure out my screen model ;)

Last edited:
Just made some updates to my workstation @ work.
Went from this...
1-1.jpg

To this:
-1.jpg

My external HDD was moved behind my mStand -- and I've upgraded to an iPod Touch as well.

Swapped out my Dell 2009W for my Dell 3007WFP-HC :cool:

Got rid of my hackintosh. Way too much headache to update. Bought myself an i7 iMac & a 24" LED cinema display for my Unibody MacBook pro

4152573160_5c847c2c68_b.jpg

damn great room, uncle david. Iv always wanted a foosball table.

now my recent little setup for this semester
the desk can be cleaner, i suppose

eerld.jpg

the mini replaces an AMD tower. This little box has so much more power than the old tower I almost couldn't find any use for the notebooks. srsly

1537d4h.jpg

I'd be surprised if anyone could figure out my screen model ;)

That's a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet setup you got there. A lot of cool gadgets that I'm curious to know what it is. Especially that Altoids box. What is that?

Got rid of my hackintosh. Way too much headache to update. Bought myself an i7 iMac & a 24" LED cinema display for my Unibody MacBook pro

4152573160_5c847c2c68_b.jpg

I hate you....

Sick setup man, sick.

I request the wallpaper on the imac.

EDIT:
Mine
deskuc.jpg

15in umbp (specs in sig) sitting on mStand, with 1tb drive underneath (rocketfish enclosure, matches mstand and mbp pretty damn nicely) connected to my 28 inch hannspree (1920x1200).
The deathadder on the right is connected to the rocketfish enclosure built in usb hub and is the white "mac" edition deathadder. I also have the wireless apple kb, and bluetooth razer orochi to go with it.

The left deathadder is a blue one, and goes with the logitech illluminated which is hooked up to my i7 rig which sits on the left side of the mbp.

Last edited:
Back