Post Your Mac Setup!

So far so good! It is definitely unlike any keyboard I've used before, I quite like the nice short keystroke and the springy feeling of the keys. The gaps between the keys are definitely going to take me some time to get used to though! I only wish that the wireless version was full size rather than omitting the numpad etc, I would have snapped it up in an instant if it was.

So far so good! It is definitely unlike any keyboard I've used before, I quite like the nice short keystroke and the springy feeling of the keys. The gaps between the keys are definitely going to take me some time to get used to though! I only wish that the wireless version was full size rather than omitting the numpad etc, I would have snapped it up in an instant if it was.

I only wish it had x64 BootCamp drivers so I could get the same visual feedback in Vista x64 as I do in XP x86 on my PC using this keyboard... I like it because it's my MacBook's keyboard but with a numpad.

Latest - new monitor and cleaned off the desk

macsetup.jpg

Oh, thats what that is lol but around 700$+? are they really worth that!?!

They were $200 a piece, and yes, totally worth it :) I use them for recording and mixing. I also have some crappy PC speakers that I'm using atm because I don't have an audio interface for the Yamahas right now. Planning on getting one after the holidays though.

So I just came back home to visit family and took over my sister's desk apparently and here's the dramatic change of things...
dsc7773qr2.jpg

If you look back a few pages you'll see the difference. I'm moving out again after new years.

Happy holidays everyone!

^^^look out, most hackintosh posts on this forum are deleted because it's illegal, just letting you know

CIMG0318.JPG

G5 Dual 2.0ghz
2.5gb ram
160gb hd, 250gb external firewire
Radeon 9800 Pro videocard overclocked

The emachines is not mine, working on it for my dad just haven't taken it back yet :p

My Christmas present to me. I upgraded to 4 GB RAM and a 160 GB 7200 hard drive with an AMEX gift card. My computing life began with Macs, back in the early 1990s. I had an SE/20, a Power Mac, and a PowerBook 190C. I finally had to become assimilated into the PC/Windows world when the internet boom struck in 1996. Over the last 10+ years, I dreamed of the day my beloved Mac would run Windows apps. The circle is now complete.

EDIT: I found out that my company will buy me a MacBook Pro!!!! :D This MacBook is headed for eBay since the reseller charges a 20% restocking fee.

I had a look at a MacBook yesterday in the shop and I really did not like the keyboard for some reason. The keys seem to be further appart than on the Windows laptops. It was also damn expensive.

I had a look at a MacBook yesterday in the shop and I really did not like the keyboard for some reason. The keys seem to be further apart than on the Windows laptops. It was also damn expensive.

the key spacing thing is a bit of an illusion...the part of the key cap you actually touch when typing is actually the same size as pretty much any other full-size keyboard, the keys just don't have beveled edges like pretty much everyone is used to :p

expensive...parts wise?

So, I made the switch.. I had been playing with Hackintoshes for a bit there, and my Badaxe2 machine makes a mean Mac Pro, but I finally bit the bullet and did the official Mac thing.

I picked up two, a 20" iMac CoreDuo (now upgraded to 2.0ghz Core2Duo, 2gb of ram, and 500gig HDD), and a Mac Mini 1.5ghz CoreSolo (soon to be upgraded to the 2.0ghz CoreDuo from the iMac)

2144052754_87ec34051f.jpg

2144054200_276b0a9f98.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ultatryon/2143515709/in/set-72157603569672215/

the key spacing thing is a bit of an illusion...the part of the key cap you actually touch when typing is actually the same size as pretty much any other full-size keyboard, the keys just don't have beveled edges like pretty much everyone is used to :p

expensive...parts wise?

Yeah I guess - I was probably thinking of it and trying to use it as a laptop keyboard, instead of a normal keyboard to which it's more similar to I've just thought.

Well, the one that I looked at cost £900 and had C2D 2Ghz, 1GB RAM, 80GB HD and an integrated GPU I think and then there was a laptop for about £700 and it had the same or a very similar CPU, but a 160GB HD and 2GB of RAM. So yeah - part-wise.

I also did not like the touch pad too much on the MacBook - it seemed to skip a few times.

The macbook must be a beast with 4gb of ram, I have 2gb in mine and it runs really fast

My 4GB MB can blast through just about anything EXCEPT graphics-intensive stuff. I'll be using it for work (lots of writing/editing big documents, some simulation development). I've got a pretty good desktop for my gaming and video fun.

I suppose ill add mine to this thread too, duplicate in the workstation thread.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

Soon it will be changing drastically, ill be ditching the Dell 2007FPW, adding a 30" Samsung and 2 24", ditching the iMac, the 30" and one of the 24" will be connected to my gaming machine which is waiting to be ordered/built until i get back to school, and all three will be connected to my workstation running a pair of 7900gts an e6600 @ 3.2ghz w/scythe, 4gb ram, a 750gb and 2 300gb hard drivers, and a heavily modded version of Ubuntu 7.10. (Cant see it in the picture, its under the desk.

Also have a Macbook and macbook pro that are not pictured, i had them in peices when i took that picture, the MBP is still in pieces, actually.

Duped from the workstation thread. I love how small my MacBook looks next to Vista box.

MacBook stats in my Sig.

workstation.jpg

dsc7877cl7.jpg

Just moved
dsc7881sb4.jpg

Missing some white products like Swan M10 2.1, Sony Ericcson cell, and PSP slim.
dsc7878hm1.jpg

Thank god for memory foam

Back