Post your LAN Party pics!

stamsek

[H]F Junkie
I know I started the thread and I posted no pics, however, forgive me. I'm at work and will post later tonight!

Out of all the LANs I've hosted or been to, this is by far the most weaksauce, but it's the only pictures I have. :p

A 4 player Command And Conquer 3 midnight LAN to celebrate it's release. (It was supposed to be double that number, but the other half didn't feel like showing up to work in the morning with no sleep. :rolleyes: )

Team A:
lan1.jpg

Team 1:
lan2.jpg

What is the name of the case and the monitor that's in picture Team A on the left? I must know.

Here's a picture from my last LAN Party- RHA LAN-O-THON v3.5 at the University of South Florida (Main Campus).

The rest of my pictures are over here in my LAN Party Blog

Our next event: LAN-O-THON v4.0 will be October 26, 2007. It's going to be a 50 seat BYOC. Students who live on-campus have priority. For more info see my LAN Party Blog

I have been to lots of lans (40-50+) and I must say the most fun lans are the ones at someone's house.

Here are 2 of my favorite events.

Famous Amos' LAN Austin, TX.
main.php

main.php

UCSD Lan Party. I think it was called Winter Game Fest, or something.
Winter%20Game%20Fest%202007%20050.jpg

Winter%20Game%20Fest%202007%20027.jpg

This was way back (last winter). So many computers were there that we started to trip the circuit breakers.

lots of laptops....plus a lot of them are just sitting around. some lan party :p lol

Good pics in here.. I'll post some of our local, at-home LANs when I get home tonight :)

Is there a actual drink called Crunk Juice? I didn't see it on any of the pics. I was just wondering. I could have sworn I heard of a energy drink called that. And if so, how can I get some, and how does it taste?

Is there a actual drink called Crunk Juice? I didn't see it on any of the pics. I was just wondering. I could have sworn I heard of a energy drink called that. And if so, how can I get some, and how does it taste?

I know there's pimpjuice. I think xoxide still sells it.

I belong to a clan called Audience of One. We are a (growing at a rapid rate) christian based clan. We had our biggest Lan Party on August 10th. 37 people total.

Here is a vid I made of it
Link no longer valid.

No sir, we are based in Tyler, TX (100 miles east of Dallas) We currently have about 200 active members. If any of you have heard of Christian Crew, we are allianced with them.

I failed to mention, you can visit our site at www.ao1clan.com

I belong to a clan called Audience of One. We are a (growing at a rapid rate) christian based clan. We had our biggest Lan Party on August 10th. 37 people total.

Here is a vid I made of it

www.ao1downloads.com/fnlpweb.wmv
Christian-based LAN? So what do you exclude based on your Christian values? I am not Christian myself so I would not be allowed to attend your events ;) I probably am more moral than a large percentage of people in your church tho . . .

We allow non-christians to join. We basically require you to respect others around you.

I know where you come from, with that reason. No one is perfect not even Christians We all have our own issues. IF you're perfect and have done no wrong, I would liek to meet you, I would be famous in meeting the worlds only perfect person.

Actually the world's only perfect person would be me. But I don't want to meet you and I stay as far away from Texas as possible.

Christian-based LAN? So what do you exclude based on your Christian values? I am not Christian myself so I would not be allowed to attend your events ;) I probably am more moral than a large percentage of people in your church tho . . .

Why flame him for being a part of a christian based clan and affiliated with a christian lan? Also, why assume that you couldn't attend? Non-christians sit in the pews at every service at my church to listen and learn about Christ. They're not shunned or asked to leave. What makes you think that a christian or faith based lan would restrict those who attend? Christians aren't supposed to shun or neglect those that aren't walking with Christ. Ministry should happen everywhere and their lan is just that - a ministry.

And why make morality an issue and take a stab at the folks that attend his church? We are all sinners, christian or not.

Why flame him for being a part of a christian based clan and affiliated with a christian lan? Also, why assume that you couldn't attend? Non-christians sit in the pews at every service at my church to listen and learn about Christ. They're not shunned or asked to leave. What makes you think that a christian or faith based lan would restrict those who attend? Christians aren't supposed to shun or neglect those that aren't walking with Christ. Ministry should happen everywhere and their lan is just that - a ministry.

And why make morality an issue and take a stab at the folks that attend his church? We are all sinners, christian or not.
The moment you label an event as Christian you put up walls. Period. Answer me this: Do Christians think everyone who do not believe as they do will face eternal damnation? If so, then the wall starts from there. All this Christian rock and Christian videogame stuff is just a ruse to futher penetrate the secular world so you can covert others. Christians are not supposed to shun those who do not believe as they do they are supposed to convert them. That goes over with me as well as Bin Laden saying we must all convert to Islam.

Most videogames have content that does not agree with Christianity. How about you provide us with a list of accepted games? Would I be allowed to bring my Hellmouth rig?
rotm_april07_02_large.jpg

rotm_april07_04_large.jpg

The moment you label an event as Christian you put up walls. Period. Answer me this: Do Christians think everyone who do not believe as they do will face eternal damnation? If so, then the wall starts from there. All this Christian rock and Christian videogame stuff is just a ruse to futher penetrate the secular world so you can covert others. Christians are not supposed to shun those who do not believe as they do they are supposed to convert them. That goes over with me as well as Bin Laden saying we must all convert to Islam.

Most videogames have content that does not agree with Christianity. How about you provide us with a list of accepted games? Would I be allowed to bring my Hellmouth rig?

Not to get into a theological discussion because this isn't the right forum for it, but I have to make a few short comments on what you've said.

1. Christianity is not a club. There are no walls that you speak of. You only percieve those walls. Anything labeled as "christian" does not limit a non-believer from participating. Churches are christian, and if anything there doors are open more for the non-believer than the believer. Any event that is Christian based, such as this lan, that restricts folks from attending due to their beliefs is not acting in a christian manner and not following the teachings of Jesus Christ.

2. You asked if christians believed that everyone who does not believe as they do will face eternal damnation? To put it in better perspective, I'll answer it from my point of view. Jesus said that those who believe in their hearts and confess with their mouths that he is their Lord and personal Savior shall never perish, but have everlasting life. I have accepted Jesus as my lord and personal savior, so I know that I will have everlasting life and not have to face the thought of "eternal damnation" as you so eloquently put it. Each person will have their own day of judgement. I am not their judge, nor is any other person who claims to be christian or not. I am, however, supposed to act as a missionary and carry the story of Jesus to those who've never heard it. I am to minister to them as I was ministered to. I'm not a converter. No christian is a converter. We can only be ministers. The conversion happens within each individuals heart. All we can do is let them know. Its their choice, their free will, to either accept it or deny it.

3. Why do you think that there is an accepted list of games for Christians to play? There's no law or rule that states we can't play whatever we want. I don't care for the GTA series, but that doesn't mean I haven't played it in the past, or that I'd look down on you or someone else for doing so. I've never felt convicted by God for any game I've ever played. If I did feel that way, I'd probably stop, but that's my perogative. I can't speak for this lan, but I have a group of christian friends and we lan together pretty often. We have friends that aren't christian that play with us. We play alot of various games, most of them violent in nature. There are christian clans that play the same games. Why be critical of a game that's played for fun, no matter if you're christian or not?

4. Finally, your case is awesome. You'd be more than welcome to attend any lan with that rig I would put on, even if I said it was christian based. Heck, anyone would be welcome, regardless of religious belief. We could even have it in my church's fellowship hall.

Anyway, like I said, this isn't the right forum for this. If you'd like to continue this discussion, just pm me and we'll do it that way. If anyone else has any questions, pm me about it as well.

nice case! how bout more pics and specs?

Not to get into a theological discussion because this isn't the right forum for it, but I have to make a few short comments on what you've said.

1. Christianity is not a club. There are no walls that you speak of. You only percieve those walls. Anything labeled as "christian" does not limit a non-believer from participating. Churches are christian, and if anything there doors are open more for the non-believer than the believer. Any event that is Christian based, such as this lan, that restricts folks from attending due to their beliefs is not acting in a christian manner and not following the teachings of Jesus Christ.

2. You asked if christians believed that everyone who does not believe as they do will face eternal damnation? To put it in better perspective, I'll answer it from my point of view. Jesus said that those who believe in their hearts and confess with their mouths that he is their Lord and personal Savior shall never perish, but have everlasting life. I have accepted Jesus as my lord and personal savior, so I know that I will have everlasting life and not have to face the thought of "eternal damnation" as you so eloquently put it. Each person will have their own day of judgement. I am not their judge, nor is any other person who claims to be christian or not. I am, however, supposed to act as a missionary and carry the story of Jesus to those who've never heard it. I am to minister to them as I was ministered to. I'm not a converter. No christian is a converter. We can only be ministers. The conversion happens within each individuals heart. All we can do is let them know. Its their choice, their free will, to either accept it or deny it.

3. Why do you think that there is an accepted list of games for Christians to play? There's no law or rule that states we can't play whatever we want. I don't care for the GTA series, but that doesn't mean I haven't played it in the past, or that I'd look down on you or someone else for doing so. I've never felt convicted by God for any game I've ever played. If I did feel that way, I'd probably stop, but that's my perogative. I can't speak for this lan, but I have a group of christian friends and we lan together pretty often. We have friends that aren't christian that play with us. We play alot of various games, most of them violent in nature. There are christian clans that play the same games. Why be critical of a game that's played for fun, no matter if you're christian or not?

4. Finally, your case is awesome. You'd be more than welcome to attend any lan with that rig I would put on, even if I said it was christian based. Heck, anyone would be welcome, regardless of religious belief. We could even have it in my church's fellowship hall.

Anyway, like I said, this isn't the right forum for this. If you'd like to continue this discussion, just pm me and we'll do it that way. If anyone else has any questions, pm me about it as well.

Very well said. Like aggr1103 mentioned, this is not the forum for this. If we continue the arguement this may get locked. Let s be On-Topic instead! :cool:

This will be my last post on this issue. If i met more people like you my views would probably be different. I will leave it at that.

nice case! how bout more pics and specs?

More info on Hellmouth (tho I am rebuilding it now with rebuilt phase unit/quad core/all black sleeving/clear tygon tubing and a kewl water feature that is secret for now):

http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone_rotm_april07.html

If you want to see an even wilder build get November's issue of CPU Magazine . . .my Autopsy build is on the front cover and has a two page spread inside:

http://www.computerpoweruser.com/

Nice article on PDXLAN inside as well.

What exactly happend to the van? Pics make it look like the tranny broke loose from the engine.

My friend said that the driveshaft was unbalanced and was causing a rumbling noise and sorta shaking the short bus as they drove. I guess on the way back down the shaking got to the point that the starter broke loose. Even though...it was good times, just too bad I wasn't allowed to bring my camera into Jody's. Nothing says nerdy geeks quite like having a stripper dance to the extended remix of Safety Dance.

I can't find my lan party pictures, only 1 from a lan party some years ago (03?) :(

This is what happens when a Halo player tells 50 CSS players that Halo is better. :eek:

PICT0041.jpg

Back